• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Table Service VS Counter Service

CamColt

This may seem like a silly question, but, here goes. If you have extra table service credits, can you use them for counter service meals since those obviously cost less?

No offical policy but unofficially several people have posted being allowed that substitution.

We had 3 TS credits left the morning we were leaving, but didn't have enough time to do a TS meal. We went to ASMovies food court and got breakfast. I was more than prepared to pay OOP for it, but just asked if I could use the remaining credits for the meal.

The girl was super pleasant, went and got her manager, and they overrided it. It wasn't a problem for us, but it probably depends on the place, time, and manager you get. :)

CamColt said:
This may seem like a silly question, but, here goes. If you have extra table service credits, can you use them for counter service meals since those obviously cost less?

I sooo wish there was a clear cut policy for this! On our last trip we had the DDP. Problem was, we were traveling with an squirmy 10m old, who could not sit for more that 15 minutes! I asked a few times if we could trade down, since our baby was not into the TS thing. I was told no each time.

It would be in their best interest to save $$ and allow it, I would think...JMHO :confused3

Thanks for the replies. I am new to this whole DDP thing as I never had any interest in it...until it became free for our trip (I can be bought,LOL ;) ).

It seems like so much food, so now Im trying to figure out as a family of 4 where we might just need 3 TS credits as opposed to 4 and it looks like we may have left overs. And we will be in the same situation as Renee mentioned...just having time for a quick breakfast at the PC food court on our departure morning, but we probably wont have CS credits left. It sounds like its one of those typical Disney things...depends who you talk to when, and its always subject to change. ;)

If you don't think you are going to use all of our TS credits, then why not book a signature (2 TS meal)--Jikos, Cali Grill, Yachtsman, etc. There are some nice places out there. The adults could use 2 TS credits each, and just pay OOP for the little ones or share with the little ones. It would be a much wiser choice and better experience than wasting your TS credits for CS meals. We never have TS credits leftover, but we always have CS credits leftover and give them to other non-DDP folks who are usually traveling with us. We find we often split the CS meals, so that we are not too full for the TS meals. We leave in 2 weeks and will be there for 12 nights (2 adults) and have had no problem scheduling our 24 TS credits.

DH & I are going to the California Grill, but our kids are going with my Mom that night. I would love to go back to YSH too (Im having a hard time going to CG and not there), but unfortunately, we dont have enough time for all this food. ;)

I haven't read anyone being refused on their last day. CM may be concerned about a guest not realizing what they're asking for and having to reverse the transaction later in your trip when you want to use a TS credit for a TS meal.

Thanks again! I guess IF it comes to that (we may eat more than I think, LOL), Ill give it a shot and see what they say. Worst case we will pay a few bucks for breakfast. ;)

CamColt said:
Thanks again! I guess IF it comes to that (we may eat more than I think, LOL), Ill give it a shot and see what they say. Worst case we will pay a few bucks for breakfast. ;)

Ask for a supervisor, you shouldn't have a problem your last day. I don't think you'll get any extra food using a TS credit for a CS meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter