Table Service Recs for the non burger, pizza and nugget crowd

Thanks again for all the feedback - due to the amount of quick service options and our desire to see both World of Color and Fantasmic I think what we decided to do are the dining packages for lunch and then quick services or snacks for dinner based on how hungry we are later in the day after big lunches.

Lunch at Wine Country Trattoria for the World of Color DP (Lunch is available from 12:30 PM to 3:55 PM)
Lunch at River Belle Terrace – Standard Package for F! DP (Starting at 11:00 AM for lunch)

Am I understanding correctly that I just made a regular dining reservation for lunch at either place and if there are multiple F! and World of Color shows those nights we can chose which show we want to go to? If that is correct, do we have to let the server know what show we want to go to or is the voucher good for either show?

Thanks again guys!

Thanks again for all the feedback - due to the amount of quick service options and our desire to see both World of Color and Fantasmic I think what we decided to do are the dining packages for lunch and then quick services or snacks for dinner based on how hungry we are later in the day after big lunches.

Lunch at Wine Country Trattoria for the World of Color DP (Lunch is available from 12:30 PM to 3:55 PM)
Lunch at River Belle Terrace – Standard Package for F! DP (Starting at 11:00 AM for lunch)

Am I understanding correctly that I just made a regular dining reservation for lunch at either place and if there are multiple F! and World of Color shows those nights we can chose which show we want to go to? If that is correct, do we have to let the server know what show we want to go to or is the voucher good for either show?

Thanks again guys!

Usually they are going to give the first show until they run out and then give the second show. If you want the second show, that shouldn't be a problem - just ask. If you want the first show, it is possible it will fill up. The vouchers will be specific to the show. Of course, in my experience, you don't usually need the dining plan for the second shows as they are always less crowded, though it does let you into the prime viewing locations, which they keep roped off for the dining plan folks. At least, that's how it used to be - it's been a while for me so it could have changed (they weren't running these shows last time I was there, so my experiences are pre-shutdown).

Thanks again guys!
I do not mean to be a downer, but of *all* the restaurants (including QS and downtown disney) those would be the 2 I would not recommend, especially based on your WDW preferences. You will note people mentioned them as table service restaurants, not necessarily as fantastic.

I understand wanting to have a “guarantee” for F! and WOC, but if you are not set on the first showing of F! I would seriously suggest not doing River Belle - have you looked at the menu? It has not gotten good reviews lately. I am just concerned you will be disappointed, esp coming from NoLa. The second show of F! does not typically need the dining package. If you are dead set on the dining package perhaps try and find a BlueBayou reservation. At the very least the ambiance is way better and its a DL classic (and as I have said my last 2 experiences there were great!)

Similarly for Wine Country Trattoria - not that there is anything wrong with it, but there just isn’t anything memorable either. WOC has an easy to secure virtual queue and there are lots of good viewing areas. What you could do is move your reservation for dinner and try for the VQ at 1:00. If you get a viewing area, cancel your dinner (you have 2 hrs prior to do so.) Again I would try for Lamplight Lounge for lunch.

Our family’s favorites are Lamplight Lounge and Carthay Circle Restaurant (not lounge). We have two teenage boys and one is extremely picky about food, and he likes both! ☺️ in DTD we like Naples and Ballast Point.

I do not mean to be a downer, but of *all* the restaurants (including QS and downtown disney) those would be the 2 I would not recommend, especially based on your WDW preferences. You will note people mentioned them as table service restaurants, not necessarily as fantastic.

I understand wanting to have a “guarantee” for F! and WOC, but if you are not set on the first showing of F! I would seriously suggest not doing River Belle - have you looked at the menu? It has not gotten good reviews lately. I am just concerned you will be disappointed, esp coming from NoLa. The second show of F! does not typically need the dining package. If you are dead set on the dining package perhaps try and find a BlueBayou reservation. At the very least the ambiance is way better and its a DL classic (and as I have said my last 2 experiences there were great!)

Similarly for Wine Country Trattoria - not that there is anything wrong with it, but there just isn’t anything memorable either. WOC has an easy to secure virtual queue and there are lots of good viewing areas. What you could do is move your reservation for dinner and try for the VQ at 1:00. If you get a viewing area, cancel your dinner (you have 2 hrs prior to do so.) Again I would try for Lamplight Lounge for lunch.

I do kind of agree. I ate at RBT a few years back and it was decent, but not amazing (the desert was pretty amazing, actually). I don't know what they are serving now, but the second Fantasmic! doesn't really need a dining package reservation. For World of Color, maybe consider the desert party?

Last edited:
I do kind of agree. I ate at RBT a few years back and it was decent, but not amazing (the desert was pretty amazing, actually). I don't know what htey are serving now, but the second Fantasmic! doesn't really need a dining package reservation. For World of Color, maybe consider the desert party?
I agree, for WoC, the dessert party feels more worth the money, especially for the seat. WCT, although not horrible, isn't much better than a chain style Italian restaurant. But I'm admittedly a bit of a pasta snob. 🤷‍♀️

For quick service, I also like Docking Bay 7 for an alternative to burgers, nuggets, etc. Not every new item is a hit, but they usually have some interesting warm seasonal dishes with ingredients like braised beef, shrimp, cavatelli, etc. And with different veggies too!

I have similar favorites to yours at WDW, and at DLR I find that the quick service usually has more variety than the table service (which seems to be flipped from my WDW experiences). In DLP, Galaxy's Edge of course has a lot of interesting options at both Docking Bay 7 and Ronto Roasters. We love Bengal BBQ and the Tropical Hideaway and that's our usual lunch break. Troubadour Tavern often has some interesting options, and Harbour Galley is our backup when we're in the mood for a lobster roll.

Over at DCA, we like Lamplight Lounge and Carthay Circle when we can afford to splurge for a table service. We often eat in the Pacific Wharf area (currently being re-themed to Big Hero 6) at Lucky Fortune or Cocina Cucamonga. Pym Test Kitchen and Shawama Palace are good too - I prefer Shawarma, but DS liked Pym's better. Studio Catering Company (looks like a food truck) had a couple interesting things on the menu. Paradise Garden Grill has been hit and miss for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter