• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Table Service Chefs and Special Diets

rolltide13

Earning My Ears
Hello All,

I just wanted to post to say how awesome all of the table service restaurant chefs have been with us this week. We have eaten at the following places this week.

POR Boatwright's Dining Hall
Coral Reef
Trail's End Buffet
Japan Tappan Edo

At each restaurant, we asked to see a Chef to discuss something for our son who does not chew, and has very bad reflux, (so we stay away from citrus, tomatos and spicy foods). At all four places the Chef came out, we talked through some options and they brought us something from the menu pureed and perfect for our little guy. Feeding has always been a struggle for us, and to watch him eat so well has been the best part of our trip.

Here is what they made for him.

Boatwrights Dining Hall - Pureed Pasta Alfredo
Coral Reef - Lobster Soup and pureed mahi with asparagus and potatoes
Trail's end - pureed fried chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans
Tappan Edo - pureed teriyaki chicken with rice and vegtables. (note -- they even brought us an ingredients list of the teryiaki chicken to make sure that everything in it was ok for our son)

Not sure where we are eating tomorrow, but it is great to know that where ever we go, we are well taken care of.

Moral of the story, don't be afraid to ask, they do everything in thier power here to make everyone have a great vacation!!!!

:yay::yay:

Thanks for the update. Hope the rest of your trip goes as well.

That's wonderful! I'm so glad to hear your son and your family are having such great experiences with special diets! :thumbsup2
Have a great time! Thanks for sharing with us! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter