Table for 2 or Table for 3?

LeeAnn

DIS Veteran
Having trouble getting a Table for 2. I always thought that would be easier.

I tried for Table for and options came up. If I book a Table for 3 and only 2 show up, would there be any issues? Will they still seat us?

There won't be any issues. The two of you will be seated.

Having trouble getting a Table for 2. I always thought that would be easier.

I tried for Table for and options came up. If I book a Table for 3 and only 2 show up, would there be any issues? Will they still seat us?

There are some restaurants with dedicated 3 tops, so it makes sense that a party of 3 might get more traction

I always book for 3 if there are no tables for 2 available and then go right back in and modify to 2. I have never had it not work recently. The restaurants always seem to find us a tiny table for 2, even if it's outside. I'm looking at you Tony's. I hate eating outside unless it's counter service. First world problems. :rotfl:

We’re usually a party of 2. There are some restaurants I’ve had to book for 4 every trip for years, Ex. Tutto Italia. Even booking the first day I could, the only times that would show up for a party of 2 would be something like 2:30 or 8 pm. But if I booked for 4 I could get anytime I wanted. So I’ve booked for 4 a few times each trip, then just changed to 2 when we checked in. I usually use the website & was never able to get the option to modify down to 2 that other posters talked about. The last trip, I used the app to modify & did get the option to drop our party down to 2 at our already booked time. I’ve never had a problem with checking in for less than the booked number of guests, even at a prepaid meal like CRT. The bill was recalculated after the meal & the overpayment was refunded with no issue what so ever.

We’re usually a party of 2. There are some restaurants I’ve had to book for 4 every trip for years, Ex. Tutto Italia. Even booking the first day I could, the only times that would show up for a party of 2 would be something like 2:30 or 8 pm. But if I booked for 4 I could get anytime I wanted. So I’ve booked for 4 a few times each trip, then just changed to 2 when we checked in. I usually use the website & was never able to get the option to modify down to 2 that other posters talked about. The last trip, I used the app to modify & did get the option to drop our party down to 2 at our already booked time. I’ve never had a problem with checking in for less than the booked number of guests, even at a prepaid meal like CRT. The bill was recalculated after the meal & the overpayment was refunded with no issue what so ever.
Not a problem to get refunded for extra person at prepaid but can take a couple of days to show on your card

Not a problem to get refunded for extra person at prepaid but can take a couple of days to show on your card
There seems to be an exception with the Fireworks/Dining packages in Epcot. We had a friend be a legitimate no show so only 2 of us instead of 3 (Rose & Crown)- they said they were sorry, but could not refund the 3rd pre-paid person.

There seems to be an exception with the Fireworks/Dining packages in Epcot. We had a friend be a legitimate no show so only 2 of us instead of 3 (Rose & Crown)- they said they were sorry, but could not refund the 3rd pre-paid person.
Yes, I’ve read other reports of the same, specifically at Rose & Crown. I don’t remember any reports of that anywhere else, but of course that doesn’t mean there aren’t any.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter