• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TA rate VGT Cabin assign and luggage tags?

Cmbar

DIS Veteran
We booked a last minute TA rate to go on the Magic at the end of the month. I booked it about 5 weeks out. When my TA credentials were confirmed I saw that they assigned my cabin to 5140 a 07A verandah (the yucky ones with the navigator verandah, but I'm not complaining as it was a great price).

So now two weeks later I get my luggage tags and they don't have my cabin number on the tags. Should I write in what I see on the reservation on the DCL website or just put them on the luggage as is and trust that the reservation number will get it to the right room. One of the CMs told me not to take what I see in my reservation as the actual cabin necessarily since its a travel agent rate and they can dump us wherever they want. LOL

Do all VGT (TA or not) come with luggage tags without the cabin number??
thanks!

We booked a last minute TA rate to go on the Magic at the end of the month. I booked it about 5 weeks out. When my TA credentials were confirmed I saw that they assigned my cabin to 5140 a 07A verandah (the yucky ones with the navigator verandah, but I'm not complaining as it was a great price).

So now two weeks later I get my luggage tags and they don't have my cabin number on the tags. Should I write in what I see on the reservation on the DCL website or just put them on the luggage as is and trust that the reservation number will get it to the right room. One of the CMs told me not to take what I see in my reservation as the actual cabin necessarily since its a travel agent rate and they can dump us wherever they want. LOL

thanks!

i've booked a GT rate where the tags came without a stateroom number. It was not an issue at all. They can scan the barcode on the tag to see your stateroom information.

thank you. Im just curious did you already know your room by the time you got the tags? I'm trying to not get attached to the room in case they move us. We like some things about it. Just would have preferred they gave us the tags with the room number so we knew wed have that cabin!

thank you. Im just curious did you already know your room by the time you got the tags? I'm trying to not get attached to the room in case they move us. We like some things about it. Just would have preferred they gave us the tags with the room number so we knew wed have that cabin!

GT last year, booked about six weeks out, got our tags about two weeks after that. Room was assigned 4 days before the cruise.

Even a pre-selected cabin CAN change if there is a mechanical reason or some other reason Disney needs to take it out of service.

Even a pre-selected cabin CAN change if there is a mechanical reason or some other reason Disney needs to take it out of service.
good point . i guess i wont write in our room number . just weird its been assigned for two weeks but the tags are blank.. wonder how soon the send out the tags . We received today and we leave on Nov 30 . so three weeks i guess

thanks!

Since you booked so last minute, your stateroom number will not be shown on the tags as it was not assigned at the time of printing. You can write in the number if you want, but the barcode on your luggage tags are coded to your stateroom and reservation number so the luggage will find its way to you.
Have a great cruise!

good point . i guess i wont write in our room number . just weird its been assigned for two weeks but the tags are blank.. wonder how soon the send out the tags . We received today and we leave on Nov 30 . so three weeks i guess

As noted above, you can write in the stateroom number and if it is changed last minute it will be noted on your reservation. The luggage tags are coded with your reservation number as well so your luggage will find its way to you even if your stateroom changes at the last minute.
The tags are blank because when they were printed and mailed, they had not assigned your stateroom number yet. It will be fine.

Thanks everyone!! I'm sure my luggage will get there somehow!

Edit. I just checked my reservation and sure enough my cabin is no longer 5140. UGH . It just says PAID . So I guess I do have to wait to see where we end up. Its a Verandah category so we should sill get a Verandah. We were in a 07A so its only up from there right?OH well maybe well get a great cabin still! LOL

Definitely not writing in a cabin on the tags!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter