• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ta Lo in AK?

Obi-J Kenobi

Jedi Knight
My recollection is that Disney's AK was to have a Beastly Kingdom or something to that effect, but that area is now Pandora. I have to believe that WDW wants some sort of Marvel Campus like in DL.

Maybe they could retro-fit Disney AK's Dinoland area into Ta Lo?

This type of land could integrate and blend a Marvel Campus with the original theme to have mythical creatures? I could see a Wakanda land, but that has less to do with animals (despite the titular character being a Panther) then Ta Lo. What say you? Good idea, bad idea or no opinion?

I did enjoy Shang Chi and could see something like that, though I am not sure where it would fit. Maybe it could be a subsection of the Asia area. I do believe that they can actually use Sang Chi as a character as I do not think he is included in the Marvel stuff at Universal (same reason they can use Guardians of the Galaxy at Epcot), so it's a possibility anyway.

Yep, remember the Disney/Universal agreement about what they can and cannot use in the parks. No Avengers or any character currently in Universal or Mutants. They are trying to re-negotiate that though. It needs to be something with serious staying power. They seem to be leaning towards updating/getting rid the some of the Dinoland items. But they do have an Asia area that could fit in a lot of IP.

Yes! While watching I thought the forest maze would make a terrific ride. And a meet & greet w Morris?? 👍🏼👍🏼

Yes! While watching I thought the forest maze would make a terrific ride. And a meet & greet w Morris?? 👍🏼👍🏼

Morris was cool, but I loved the giant lion-dog thing - he was NOT putting up with any nonsense from the taser-ninjas!

I literally was thinking the same thing as I watched the movie. It would be perfect. They could center it around a ride incorporating the dragon.

I literally was thinking the same thing as I watched the movie. It would be perfect. They could center it around a ride incorporating the dragon.

I also thought Ta Lo looked a lot like somethign from Raya and the Last Dragon - the dragon at least looked especially similar. Awkwafina was in that too!

I definitely had the thought while watching the movie that parts of Ta Lo and especially the animals there seemed not that far off from Pandora's look (the Ta Lo deer creatures were the most similar to their Pandora counterparts). I don't think they would/should combine the two, but I also feel like they might be too similar to have different areas for them.

Also, while Pandora's movies had conservation as a main theme of the movie, making them more applicable to DAK, the creatures in Shang-Chi (as much as I loved them, especially Morris) were definitely more side elements. I'd love to see a Shang-Chi attraction in the parks, but I think I don't think DAK is the right place. Maybe they could transform the Animation Pavilion in DHS into the courtyard from his family home or something like that and then have something with the forest inside the building somehow. A stunt show would be amazing, although they probably wouldn't have two of those in the same park if Indiana Jones is ever going to return...

My DD already wants a Morris pin and stuffed animal.

FYI, I saw a Morris plush at Target the other day, if you are wanting one. He's smaller than "actual" size from the movie, but was on the endcap near the toys section with some other Shang Chi merch.

I definitely had the thought while watching the movie that parts of Ta Lo and especially the animals there seemed not that far off from Pandora's look (the Ta Lo deer creatures were the most similar to their Pandora counterparts). I don't think they would/should combine the two, but I also feel like they might be too similar to have different areas for them.

Also, while Pandora's movies had conservation as a main theme of the movie, making them more applicable to DAK, the creatures in Shang-Chi (as much as I loved them, especially Morris) were definitely more side elements. I'd love to see a Shang-Chi attraction in the parks, but I think I don't think DAK is the right place. Maybe they could transform the Animation Pavilion in DHS into the courtyard from his family home or something like that and then have something with the forest inside the building somehow. A stunt show would be amazing, although they probably wouldn't have two of those in the same park if Indiana Jones is ever going to return...
This is how I feel. The land could be nice but I don't feel it was really fleshed out enough to fully warrant a land, and while there were interesting animals and creatures there, hardly any of them even got named let alone played into the plot. They were mostly just there in the background to look cool.
There have been rumors that the Finding Nemo musical might be closed for good now. With it's location right next to Primeval Whirl's former spot, it and the Dinorama section together would be enough space for a new land. It would be nearly the size of the remaining Dinoland area. With it's proximity to the Asia area right across a bridge they could put Ta Lo there if wanted.

(EDIT 9/16: Just saw where they announced the closure of the Finding Nemo musical, but that it will be replaced by a new Nemo musical show next year so guess that takes out that space for an expansion area with the Dinorama area in the near future.)

Personally. I'd prefer any additions to Animal Kingdom for lands be based on real places. My ideal plans would be to turn the entirety of Dinoland up through the theatre in the wild (theatre being removed) into South America. Many dinosaur fossils have been located there so could still maintain the dinosaur section in it's current form for the most part and give it a more archeological edge and add a few new scenery elements to feel more South American, and then convert the Dinorama/theatre area into a rainforest themed area based on the Amazon. There would be plenty of opportunities for new animal encounters here and rides themed to animals and the rainforest.
Another new land I'd like to see would be Australia added in the empty space between Rafiki's Planet Watch and Asia. The train station could work for both areas, just need to work in some sort of footpath to it from the rest of the park as well. This could then include lots of animals from Australia not featured yet with an aquarium space for the great Barrier Reef. Can relocate Finding Nemo musical to here if they wanted, similar to FoLK moving to Africa. And incorporate that IP along with Rescuers Down Under.
These two additions would fill the park out pretty well then covering most areas and adding more rides/attractions to flesh out the parks line up as well.

Last edited:
Since they are removing the Primeval Whirl ride, perhaps they could add a kids' roller coaster (like Barnstormer) with ride vehicles like the dragons (in both Raya and Shang Chi). Young children like Dinoland for the dig area and Triceratops Spin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter