T Rex with toddlers

Moomduck1

DIS Veteran
Taking grandchildren ages 1, 4, 5 to T Rex. I know we don't have to pay for the 1. But can 4 and 5 share a meal? Or share ours? It's not the cost that bothers me. It's the food waste.

TRex is just a regular restaurant - it doesn't charge per person like a buffet. You can order as much or as little as you'd like and share it however you want.

Me and my DH share meals all the time, and I often share with my toddler.

Agree with above, order as much or little as you like. Order just appetizers or just a big dessert to share.

I will add that I would prepare the kids that the restaurant is VERY LOUD! Meteor showers and all. It can be scary. If any have hearing sensitivity I would take headphones.

As everyone else says you can order what you’d like. It’s definitely loud in there though and can be scary for little kids. I would agree about taking headphones. Our son got very upset the first time we went which I wouldn’t have expected but our daughter wasn’t bothered by it at the same age so it’s hard to know how they’ll respond.

Oh wow thanks for all the comments. One of them has been scared by loud noises lately so maybe i will rethink this

The area by the bar when you first enter and the area by the fire in the back behind the check in area (can't recall the names) are removed enough from the meteor showers that it is not that loud but the entire place is on the noisy side. The food portion size is not large nor do they have a large selection anymore. You could share the Rotisserie Chicken maybe the meatloaf but it is not like years ago when the portions were huge. You could also go to Rain Forest it is the exact same food with different names. You are in the in the end paying for the atmosphere as the food is OK ate best.

You won't have any issues sharing plates, even at restaurants in the parks. When our kids were young, we always ordered one adult meal for them to share. Some servers would even bring them out already separated on 2 plates. Just let the server know that they will be sharing.

We just went to Trex last month. We made the adr way too close in time to our Toppolino breakfast time. We were still pretty full but since the kids have always wanted to eat here we didn’t want to miss it. Dh and I split a burger and the two little kids split a kids meal. We never drink anything besides water at home so we all had water. I felt like we were being super cheap but that is just what we wanted at that point. We did tip extra.

It is loud. Some kids get scared while others are fine. My oldest daughter was always fine at TRex but hid under the table at Rainforest Cafe. My DD5 laughed at DD18 when she heard that story. It was DD5 first time this trip. The second the meteor shower started she jumped straight into my lap.

I will add that I would prepare the kids that the restaurant is VERY LOUD! Meteor showers and all. It can be scary. If any have hearing sensitivity I would take headphones.
It is! My toddlers loved dinosaurs but were terrified at T Rex. I was also stressed out from the meteors killing the dinosaurs every few minutes and could barely finish my meal lol

Oh wow thanks for all the comments. One of them has been scared by loud noises lately so maybe i will rethink this
With this in mind, not just for dinner, I highly recommend noise cancelling headphones. We took our toddlers' with us just in case and my almost 4 year old wanted them everywhere. The almost 2 year old was fine and never wanted them. But a lot of the seemingly safe attractions can be overwhelming for a sound sensitive child. No joke--my 4 year old spent her first ride on Pooh with her ears covered and huddled into me. We had to ride it over and over once I told her we could do it again with her headphones.

We did Rainforest which is the same idea and regular storms. The first couple spooked her a bit til we figured out the cues and distractions. Once I pointed out how all the animals were reacting she became so entertained by trying to figure out what they'd all do during a storm that the storm didn't bother her at all and she asked every day to go back. T-Rex is similar so you could point out how the dinos react to the meteor shower. That in combo with headphones might be one your little one needs.

Just get a caribiner and hang off the stroller or a backpack so they're always handy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter