T-Rex vs. Rainforest Cafe

Landry’s actually represents a bunch of restaurants (claimjumper, joes crab, my favorite is saltgrass, rainforest cafe, etc). Being a landry’s Select member might be worth it beyond just the reservation (though that alone justifies it). The membership cost $25, but comes with $25 off at any Landry’s so, it works out cost wise. When we lived near a landry’s, we would get probably $100 a year. The manager would always make a point of coming over and greeting us. Also, if you get the membership, you get a $25 birthday discount. If you are going say in November and someone in your group has a birthday in November, that might be the best person to have get the card, though that requires getting the card at least a month in advance (I don’t remember which day birthday month bonuses come out but if you sign up after that, you miss that month’s birthday bonus).

I prefer the food at T-Rex to RFC. I had a salmon with mashed potatoes and veggies that shocked me with how good it was.

I love them both but I'd definitely go with T-Rex since you haven't been! Also you can call them directly if you can't get a good time through Disney's ADR system - they keep some of the reservations for themselves to book since they are not a Disney restaurant (at least last time I did it).

My husband said T-Rex is a must do for him. Therefore, we have a reservation for our upcoming trip in January. Disappointingly, we could only get an 8pm appt.

Just a FYI....U can call the restaurant directly and get better reservation times...just make sure it during business hours!

Does anyone know if the Landry’s card you get for signing up you can use in the gift shop? We will probably have the dining plan and thought maybe we could use it towards something in the store.

Does anyone know if the Landry’s card you get for signing up you can use in the gift shop? We will probably have the dining plan and thought maybe we could use it towards something in the store.
My information is specific to rainforest cafe gift shop and is five years old and was in Texas, but at that time they did NOT allow you to use in the gift shop. It is possible the policy has changed or was state specific.

Sorry if I am being blind but is the Rainforest Cafe in Disney Springs on opentable? I can't find it anywhere but someone earlier in this thread mentioned it was. I can only find the one in Animal Kingdom :confused3

Right now T-Rex... Grandson is 3 and loves dino's.. and I am just crazy about him, so Mimi and POP love Dino's too...

I ate at the Rainforest once, cool decor, but the food, certainly edible, was nothing great, blah really! T-Rex, again cool decor, but I honestly like the food better there, the portions follow suit with the theme, giganticus! It's the same chain, but I prefer the menu and the kitchen execution at T-Rex. The 2 dip appetizer served with fresh tortilla chips, well I could leave the shrimp dip but the chili con queso dip, wow, so good. The beef nachos, feeds 6 people, not kidding, it's huge. Over the years, we've had the ribs (tender and delicous), the rotiserrie chicken (so well seasoned & juicy) , the shrimp & chicken pasta, really never had a bad meal. And the cocktails are pretty awesome too! We need to make a reservation just for the Chocolate Extinction, in all of these years, we've never made it to dessert...

Last edited:
In my opinion, they are the same restaurant owned by the same people. The question would be: do you want to eat in a rainforest or among the dinosaur?

Sorry if I am being blind but is the Rainforest Cafe in Disney Springs on opentable?:confused3
It's recessed in the corner, you can see the mountain from a distance, the volcano smokes.... It's in the Marketplace section of DS, across from the Art of Disney store and next to Goofy's candy store. You walk right by it to get to the boat launch to SSR & OKW.

Sorry if I am being blind but is the Rainforest Cafe in Disney Springs on opentable? I can't find it anywhere but someone earlier in this thread mentioned it was. I can only find the one in Animal Kingdom :confused3

I agree with you. I can't find it on opentable website or app. I know that some of Rianforest Cafes are on opentable but I can't find anything that shows the one at Disney Springs is on opentable.

It's recessed in the corner, you can see the mountain from a distance, the volcano smokes.... It's in the Marketplace section of DS, across from the Art of Disney store and next to Goofy's candy store. You walk right by it to get to the boat launch to SSR & OKW.

LOL... @Jlane5000 wasn't asking where the Rainforest Cafe in Disney Springs was located but rather if they take reservations through the webiste/app called OpenTable.

I agree with you. I can't find it on opentable website or app. I know that some of Rianforest Cafes are on opentable but I can't find anything that shows the one at Disney Springs is on opentable.

LOL... @Jlane5000 wasn't asking where the Rainforest Cafe in Disney Springs was located but rather if they take reservations through the webiste/app called OpenTable.
Oh, I didn't see the "open table" As large as it is, it's rather hard to miss... :rotfl2:

I've only been to the Rainforest in Disneyland but I assume its similar to WDW. My vote would be for Rainforest. It's going to sound dramatic but T-Rex gave me anxiety. There was too much sensory overloud and I found myself really uncomfortable. We were sitting right next to a mama dinosaur and a baby one and every 15?30? there was a meteor shower and it made the animatronics next to use go berserk and it was just too much. Rainforest is similar but much more subdued to me.

Can you use your Amazon gift cards to purchase a Visa or American Express gift card instead? At least you could use those anywhere to eat.

Frankly, if it were me, I'd save the Amazon gift cards for something else. We live in Niagara Falls and have been to the Rainforest Cafe on both the American and Canadian sides several times. Both Rainforest Cafes in Disney World are no different. Because you've already been here, I would opt for T-Rex between the two.

I'm pretty sure you could also use those giftcards at Yak n Yeti...I would choose Yak n Yeti

I also agree with a PP, I would probably just use the Amazon gift cards for something I was going to buy anyhow and pocket the money into savings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter