T Rex reservations

lailahrose20

MelHolLaiColt
Would like to get a reservation at the T Rex restaurant for Nov. 12th but finding nothing available. What are my chances of calling directly and getting one? I've heard this is possible but not sure. Can anyone give me any more information? Thanks so much!

From what I've heard, it is definitely worth a try! I haven't done it, but I read somewhere that's there are usually more available if you call.

I would definitely call, we got a better time by calling for our nov/dec trip. But I called 2 months ago and the 5-8pm times were already all taken.

Call the restaurant. When Disney shows no availability, we have always had luck calling them directly, even a week or two out.

We've always called directly and got exact reservation time we wanted.

T-REX release 25%, or less, of their available seating to the Disney system.

Call directly, and look into the Landry's club card. It costs $25 and they load $25 on your card, so net out-of-pocket is $0. They also load a $25 credit on your birthday month, and you can use both within the month on the same transaction. And it gets you priority seating over anyone else waiting, even those with ADRs. We always make reservations directly through them, but have been told by hostesses that we didn't really need them due to our Landry's select card.

I had the same issue for our trip the first week of October. Disney was showing nothing available until ~10pm. I called and got a reservation at 5:15pm. As was stated earlier, being that they are not a Disney owned restaurant, they don't put all available reservations out on the Disney site. Definitely call.

You should be fine! Dummy me tried online everyday and nothing, until I posted here about two weeks out, and read about calling. We had our choice of reservation times, so I doubt that you wouldn't be able to land one.

We've walked up there before and had no trouble getting in. You could always try that if you can't get a reservation.

We've walked up there before and had no trouble getting in. You could always try that if you can't get a reservation.

We walked up last year, but it was about a 1 1/2 - 2 hour wait. So if you try this, I would suggest you walk up much earlier than you might want to eat! You get a printout with a time to return by, then you can still walk around and shop/see the sights.

We walked up last year, but it was about a 1 1/2 - 2 hour wait. So if you try this, I would suggest you walk up much earlier than you might want to eat! You get a printout with a time to return by, then you can still walk around and shop/see the sights.

Always a possibility as a walk-up anywhere. If you plan on doing walk-up, I'd avoid weekend nights as well.

Took the advice and joined the Landry club. I called to see if they had anything available for Saturday. Only at 2:30 or 9:00. Too early because of flight and too late because we don't eat that late. She said since I was a Landry member that I wouldn't need reservations because I would have priority over everyone. Said its better than reservations. Just walk up to the podium with my card and I would have the next priority searing. Is this really true? I have ADRs for Sunday at 1:00 but don't want to cancel them if this isn't true. I don't want to lose them. A little nervous about this. Help Anyone?

Took the advice and joined the Landry club. I called to see if they had anything available for Saturday. Only at 2:30 or 9:00. Too early because of flight and too late because we don't eat that late. She said since I was a Landry member that I wouldn't need reservations because I would have priority over everyone. Said its better than reservations. Just walk up to the podium with my card and I would have the next priority searing. Is this really true? I have ADRs for Sunday at 1:00 but don't want to cancel them if this isn't true. I don't want to lose them. A little nervous about this. Help Anyone?
Yes, it's true. They seat you before people with ADR's. We have used it for many years and and have never waited more than 5 minutes to be seated.

So I can go ahead and cancel our ADRs for Sunday and just walk in on Saturday? Won't be inside the window to cancel if I wait until Saturday to see if it works. Being overly worried here I know!

So I can go ahead and cancel our ADRs for Sunday and just walk in on Saturday? Won't be inside the window to cancel if I wait until Saturday to see if it works. Being overly worried here I know!

If you have the Landry's card, yes, you can just walk in on Saturday. For Landry's restaurants (TRex, Rainforest Cafe, Yak & Yeti), we never make reservations - just show the card. For other DS restaurants and Swan/Dolphin restaurants where opentable is an option, we book through them to avoid the WDW no-show fees.

Well I just called T Rex directly again and started out by saying that I was a Landry Club member and asked if there were any openings on Saturday November 12 and she asked me what time. Said 3:30 or 4? No problem so I booked! I cancelled my Sunday reservation and am set to go! I am so relieved. Thanks for everybody's help!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter