T-Mobile Internet?

DisneyMommyMichelle

A Maelstromer From Way Back...
Hello Campers!
We are fulltime RVers and this is our first year with T-Mobile phones and Internet. How does the internet hold up there for anyone that has had it? Our daughter is in college and will need to upload some papers and participate in some lectures and classes online and our sons are homeschooled but do their classes online. We are there for a couple months and want to just see if anyone has used the same thing?
Thanks so much!

FMCA offers an unlimited hot spot, we find it works well for us
I'm contemplating doing this Chris. is T-mobile the carrier? Used to be Sprint? I'd need it so my wife and I could work remotely as well as ROKU, YouTube, etc.

Knowing absolutely nothing about this topic, I checked FMCA's web site and it appears they are using the AT&T network now as of this summer FWIW.

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/fm...m-t-mobile-to-att-59-99-mo-unlimited-hotspot/

It also has a 12 Mbps speed cap but for a small upcharge can bump that to 25Mbps max.

https://www.fmca.com/index.php?option=com_fmcatechconnectv3&view=home

AT&T has good coverage at the Fort. They use the same network technology as T-Mobile (GSM). The FMCA offer is still unlimited.

Bama Ed

PS - do note on the FMCA link, though, that your network speeds may be throttled if you exceed 75GB in a monthly billing period. There have been months on my family-shared data plan that I have burned through the budgeted amount (which is slightly lower than 75GB). So throttling will depend on your use/viewing habits.

Last edited:
we have had no problems so far, even streaming Disney.

Just to add, the wi fi is hit or miss at the fort, but is getting better. You may not need to rely solely on the phone data. We had , last trip, good enough wifi for streaming etc. At night time it was a bit worse when everyone is back at the campers, but it still worked. So for your purposes, it may be perfect.

AT&T has good coverage at the Fort. They use the same network technology as T-Mobile (GSM). The FMCA offer is still unlimited.

GSM is 3G and being shut down for good soon. 4G/5G LTE is a world wide standard now. The biggest differences are tower locations and frequency bands now.

On topic T-mobile this past June 2022 was better then 2021, they have upgraded their towers there and I maintained about a 30Mb/s 5G throughput even in the parks. The only weak zone I had with TMO was in AK Kidani, even there my VZW work phone had spotty signal. Otherwise, we never seemed to have much of an issue.

Currently you will find that ATT is the best performer at WDW, Disney has contracted them for all their communications. So their radios and phones are all ATT and there are at least two microcells I know of on the FW property now too. I hope that that will allow others to roam on it, yet thankfully the TMO tower near FW seems to have ample bandwidth. The first microcell is over by the pathway to HDDR and marina. The second one I believe was further down closer to the meadows, they did a good job concealing all the gear so it didn't stand out like a thumb.

Sadly the Wi-Fi at FW is a hit and miss, I saw some work to upgrade it but it seems that the whole design was an after thought when way too few APs and clearly not enough backhaul capacity.

Last edited:
GSM is 3G and being shut down for good soon. 4G/5G LTE is a world wide standard now. The biggest differences are tower locations and frequency bands now.

On topic T-mobile this past June 2022 was better then 2021, they have upgraded their towers there and I maintained about a 30Mb/s 5G throughput even in the parks. The only weak zone I had with TMO was in AK Kidani, even there my VZW work phone had spotty signal. Otherwise, we never seemed to have much of an issue.

Currently you will find that ATT is the best performer at WDW, Disney has contracted them for all their communications. So their radios and phones are all t-moble and there are at least two microcells I know of on the FW property now too. I hope that that will allow others to roam on it, yet thankfully the TMO tower near FW seems to have ample bandwidth. The first microcell is over by the pathway to HDDR and marina. The second one I believe was further down closer to the meadows, they did a good job concealing all the gear so it didn't stand out like a thumb.

Sadly the Wi-Fi at FW is a hit and miss, I saw some work to upgrade it but it seems that the whole design was an after thought when way too few APs and clearly not enough backhaul capacity.
Thank you!

You're right. I knew that - what was I thinking? :crazy: It might have been because AT&T tried to buy T-Mobile back in the day. Oh well.

Actually the reason they are all shutting them down is that 2/3g (UMTS/GSM/CDMA) is not compatible with 5G. And in order to offer more bandwidth to more devices they needed to shut these protocols down so they could reuse the frequency bands for 4/5g protocols.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter