T-Day Cruisers 2011, November 19-26th, 2011

lck33

DIS Veteran
UPDATED The official fish extender list is on page 4, post #49, thank you Lori!!!

My name is Elsie and I would love to start the meet for the Thanksgiving Cruise of 2011. Cruising will be myself 43, DH45, DD11 and DFIL75. Hope you will join me in preparing for our cruise.

Elise,
We (me 49, DW 45, DD 21, DS 15) are also booked on this cruise. Not 100% sure if we will be able to make it due to school/college, but we have our fingers crossed :woohoo:

We just booked our first Disney cruise for this sailing. Can't wait a thanksgiving cruise with sun, fun and no cooking!
We have never done a Disney Cruise, not sure of all the tricks and secrets.

It is me DH & DS 8...

Hi IrishCowboy and family... welcome!!! Hope you do in fact get to join us!

and Welcome Jennib5426 and family! You will love this cruise. and you are right... one of the best parts is we don't have to cook or clean on Turkey Day!!! Wahoo! We went for the first time in 2009 and rebooked for 2011 as soon as we got home. We loved it!

The sound of the ocean and warmth of the sun certainly has our attention. As we are from NY, it is freezing here. We are expecting more snow and some ice in the next day or two.. Grrr...

Okay.. so School is closed today and so is the college that I work for... Yippee! But the weather is frightful... Snow and ice..

Can't but look through all the photos of our last cruise today and think about eating fresh mango while on the beach at Castaway Cay... Mmmmm!

Hope everyone is having a great start to your week. Look... only 10 months to go!!!:banana::banana::banana:

A little of 8 months to go. We are all getting a excited. As the weather starts to warm up, the stores are all starting to put out their spring dresses and my daughter and I have been picking up some for the cruise. So much fun!!!

I am also beginning to wonder if we are going to have this boat to ourselves?

Where is everyone?

Wecole Ehshag and family! :cool1::cool1::cool1: We are getting so excited. This is our second Thanksgiving cruise. Beats cooking and cleaning all day!

Last cruise we went on, we only had a half a day at castaway cay because of the wind. But we did get a dueling horn sound-off with the Wonder as she cruised by. That was really neat. But I would rather have a full day on Castaway. We really want to go para-sailing.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Hopefully the sun will peek its head here in the northeast.

Elsie

Happy Easter my fellow cruisers!!! Hope you and your families have a great day!

Won't be long now and we will be having a great time aboard the Magic....

I was on the Magic's Eastern Caribbean Traveling Turkey 2010 Cruise. My husband and I took our 11 year old daughter.
I'll be happy to answer questions you have about the Navigators(daily planning slips) left in your stateroom each night after dinner or snorkel trips we took on the Islands.
Here's a few things you may want to know Formal Night was on the second night and Party like a Pirate was the same day as your first island.

We signed up for 3 snorkel packages, one for each island.
Our first island was St. Martin. Our snorkel portion of our Snorkel and island tour was canceled because of rough water and High Wind weather. But Disney did offer the us an alternate tour if we wanted to take that, We declined and had fun spending money on the island.

Our second island, St. Thomas/St. John, offered Doubloon Turtle Cove Sail & Snorkel. Don't miss that if you want to snorkel with kids! (Underwater photo's turn out better at Castaway Cay Stingrays FYI.)

We also did the snorkeling at Castaway Cay. My daughter who had a great time doing the exact same thing just a few days before had her first panic attack of her life. She wasn't able to swim well with such a strong current. All our goggles leaked, the footwear were ill fitting and wrong for both her and I. All the kids that were young teens and down were back on the boat right away it was not worth taking them since they spent at most 20 min in the water most were out in 10 drinking lemonade only the adults stayed out on this one the current was very strong. I advise adults only and bring your own gear let the kids enjoy the beach at castaway or select an item other than this as your family activity. Our table mates family had high school children and were back within 20 min. Their youngest boy was on right after my daughter, about 5-7 min total time in water.

I was thinking tonight about what I would do different, if I did the trip over. I would have brought fewer FE's (I brought 2 suit cases filled with FE stuff and came home with one FE case filled). Although it worked out well because my husband was not aware what was in the 2 oversized suit cases. Giving all those FE's away gave me one bag for items bought on islands and the things from the gift shop that I brought home.

Wish I were you!
I'll write more later on this same page I know DiS VETS will have a great deal of info for you. I just want to share a few of my newbe insights and relive my favorite any only cruise I will have in my whole life.

Snowwhyt - We are going this week in 2012. What was everyone wearing? Caribbean clothing or Winter/Holiday clothing?

Just found out we are joining you! DH was surprising me with this as a 40th birthday present but DCL beat him to it by sending the cruise information to our house in my name, even though he told them to not send anything to our house and had the reservations in his name. This will be our 8th Disney cruise. We did the Thanksgiving one in 2009 and loved it. We had booked last year but moved that to the Dream this past March for Spring Break. Thanksgiving on the cruise is amazing. I had two lobsters for my Turkey day dinner! I am really looking forward to doing it again. Especially since we haven't done this itinerary yet. There is at least one other family joining us.

Welcome Mean Queen and Husband. Glad you are joining us!!!! Sorry to hear that Disney surprised you first. Bet your husband was a little bummed about that. Mine would have been. But what a great surprise!! We went in 2009 for Thanksgiving also and loved it. Note to self though.... ask for 2 lobster tails... they were delicious!!!! Didn't realize you could ask for two... Wahoo! I am not a big eater... except for the Lobster. And I am hoping to eat at Palo for brunch this time. Couldn't get reservations the last time..:sad2:... Hoping for better luck this time.

We should be able to start booking soon I think? Would you know?

Look forward to chatting with everyone....

Elsie

Welcome Mean Queen and Husband. Glad you are joining us!!!! Sorry to hear that Disney surprised you first. Bet your husband was a little bummed about that. Mine would have been. But what a great surprise!! We went in 2009 for Thanksgiving also and loved it. Note to self though.... ask for 2 lobster tails... they were delicious!!!! Didn't realize you could ask for two... Wahoo! I am not a big eater... except for the Lobster. And I am hoping to eat at Palo for brunch this time. Couldn't get reservations the last time..:sad2:... Hoping for better luck this time.

We should be able to start booking soon I think? Would you know?

Look forward to chatting with everyone....

Elsie

It depends on your level. We are gold Castaway Cay members and we can book starting August 6th. My friend is Platinum and can book a little earlier along with the concierge, but I'm not sure of the date. If you log in to the Disney cruise site it will tell you when you can start booking (as long as you are totally paid in full.) I am excited to know because I love taking part in the FE exchange and I want to be involved in booking excursions, Palo's brunch and/or dinner and maybe even the tea if they have it this trip.

I guess it's time to join this cruise meet, as I just booked our flights, so that makes it more official.

Traveling will be me, DH, DS 17 and DD 14. This will be our fifth Disney Cruise, making us gold when we get back. We're also going on the Dream this summer, so I'm hoping to rebook this cruise when we're on board.

We've been traveling every year since DS started HS over Thanksgiving break, but this will be our first DCL cruise (we did RCCL the first year--not so great.) Our best Thanksgiving so far was at Disney, where we rented a house, and had Thanksgiving dinner catered. But this should be much better, as there will be NO cooking or cleanup to do.

Lauri

Hello! :wave2: Well I guess I will go ahead and sign up here, too! We are on for Thanksgiving with Mickey! My DMIL and DFIL will be joining us - first time DCL guests, DH and I, will be on our 5th Disney Cruise, and gold status too, when we get back! Just in time for our February President's day cruise!!! :laughing: Coming with us will be our two boys, 6 and 9 at that time, it will be their second cruise... their first is this June on the Dream for 5 nights! I am looking forward to the week, and this itinerary. We were on this same cruise back ten years ago! Looking forward to a week on the Magic.

I keep trying to convince DH that we need to do another Dream cruise before Thanksgiving but since we just did a B2B Dream for Spring Break, that's a hard sell. He did try to get us last minute on one of the Alaska cruises but the ones when we are free are all booked. And that darn Europe is too far away to travel with a 5 year old. I think I'm getting addicted to Disney cruises like I am to DVC points.

Welcome everyone! And thanks Snowwhyt for joining in to and offering your advice! Well since this will only be our second cruise, that makes us silver members I believe, so we will have to wait a while before checking for palo for brunch. It certainly is something we really want to do... Keeping our fingers crossed for this! Prayers and pixie Dust, please :wizard:.

I just booked our airfare today and will be booking our hotel shortly too! This is so much fun.

I would love for us to do the whole fish extender thing if anyone else is interested. We did it last time and had alot of fun with it. We gave out pirate domino sets one day and jacob ladders another. We mixed it up with some adult stuff too..;)!

I hope everyone had a wonderful memorial day! We did. We are starting to get some nicer weather here in NY. After so much rain, the sun is a welcoming sight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter