Sword in the Stone?

AngelaVa

Mouseketeer
In Magic Kingdom how does the sword work at the Sword in the Stone? I know that you try to pull it out, I like to know how works... is there a person watching or it is on a timer?

My understanding has always been that there is a cast member in the area with a remote switch.

From what I've read, and it could be wrong, there is a pin through the middle of the sword further down in the base under the anvil. A remote switch is clicked and the pin releases the sword.

It's definitely controlled by a remote. On one trip I watched a security officer nearby with the remote. When he passed it, a child pulled the sword up.

A cast member somewhere in the area has a remote that releases the pin through the end of the sword and allows it to be pulled. I actually saw him years ago when my daughter pulled it. A group of young 20-something year olds cut in front of her when she was waiting to pull it and they were unsuccessful. She was pure joy when it came up for her. Those kids were shocked that a little kid pulled it when they couldn’t. It was one of her top Disney memories for sure.

Is this still happening? I thought it was a casualty of the Covid changes.

In Magic Kingdom how does the sword work at the Sword in the Stone? I know that you try to pull it out, I like to know how works... is there a person watching or it is on a timer?
I need to know for sure…so many claims on here. Is it always just going to be magical or is there any past CMs that can say exactly if it is a person with a remote?

Where is this at exactly? Near the carousel? I'd like for my youngest to try on both days that we're there.

In 2015, my daughter and I watched a whole show around the sword - guessing that is a covid casualty? Too bad because it was cute. The cast members picked a few adults out of the audience and of course they couldn't pull the sword out. Then they picked a child, who was successful and got to be prince for a day or something like that.

In 2015, my daughter and I watched a whole show around the sword - guessing that is a covid casualty? Too bad because it was cute. The cast members picked a few adults out of the audience and of course they couldn't pull the sword out. Then they picked a child, who was successful and got to be prince for a day or something like that.
My son got to do that! He was about 5 and it was the cutest thing.

I follow JoJo’s World on You Tube and the sword and the stone is still happening and it’s plaguing poor JoJo!

We saw these Characters do a skit with the Sword in the Stone years ago during Evening Extra Magic Hours.

Really miss the "old days" of Disney World!

1668798293330.png

Reactions: rlk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter