• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Switching Units At BLT Stay..HELP!

sne193

Earning My Ears
We are checking into BLT on Wednesday for five nights. However when we booked out stay there was only a one bedroom lake view available for the first three nights and a two bedroom lake view for the last two nights. I immediately wait listed both a 1 bedroom lake view and a 2 bedroom lock off for the last two nights in hopes we would not have to switch units in the middle of our stay. Only three days until check in and still a no go on the wait list, I am traveling with two children under three and I'm hoping you can give me some last minute thoughts or recommendations on how I might be able to make this happen.

Happy Thanksgiving From Our Family To Yours

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and recommendations.

Sorry to hear of your situation.

Here's what I would do -

Continue to "stalk" the website in hopes of a cancellation.

Call MS once a day to see if they have anything - just in case they have access to inventory you don't (very unlikely, but worth the call).

If you have a lock off 1 bedroom booked, ask MS to put a note on both reservations to the effect that you would like to just move into the adjoining studio on change day. (This will not be possible if you do not have a lock off one bedroom). If they can do this for you art the resort, at least you will still have a room on change day.

Finally, prepare to move since getting your waitlist is a long shot at this point. Pack as though you were taking two trips so that there will be less packing and unpacking. Plan to be without a room between 11 and 4, and let the front desk know you would like your "new" room as soon as one is ready. (You'll probably have to let go of any requests to get a room quickly).

Keep in mind that the resort is probably at or very near capacity. (Not sure how full the cash side may be).

Good luck!

We are checking into BLT on Wednesday for five nights. However when we booked out stay there was only a one bedroom lake view available for the first three nights and a two bedroom lake view for the last two nights. I immediately wait listed both a 1 bedroom lake view and a 2 bedroom lock off for the last two nights in hopes we would not have to switch units in the middle of our stay. Only three days until check in and still a no go on the wait list, I am traveling with two children under three and I'm hoping you can give me some last minute thoughts or recommendations on how I might be able to make this happen.

Happy Thanksgiving From Our Family To Yours

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and recommendations.

I wouldn't trust the waitlist system. CarolMN has some good advice I would also check with the Front Desk at check in but be aware that they have a history of messing up your DVC account and points if they make changes. If you are checking in during MS open hours and the resort can put you in a different room, ask the CM to call MS to make the changes.

:earsboy: Bill

Sorry to hear of your situation. Here's what I would do - Continue to "stalk" the website in hopes of a cancellation. Call MS once a day to see if they have anything - just in case they have access to inventory you don't (very unlikely, but worth the call). If you have a lock off 1 bedroom booked, ask MS to put a note on both reservations to the effect that you would like to just move into the adjoining studio on change day. (This will not be possible if you do not have a lock off one bedroom). If they can do this for you art the resort, at least you will still have a room on change day. Finally, prepare to move since getting your waitlist is a long shot at this point. Pack as though you were taking two trips so that there will be less packing and unpacking. Plan to be without a room between 11 and 4, and let the front desk know you would like your "new" room as soon as one is ready. (You'll probably have to let go of any requests to get a room quickly). Keep in mind that the resort is probably at or very near capacity. (Not sure how full the cash side may be). Good luck!

I'm not sure I understand the one bedroom lock off. When I booked online it only gave me the option of one bedroom standard, lake view or theme park view. I will continue to check the website and call MS as well. Great advise on packing, thank you.

I'm not sure I understand the one bedroom lock off. When I booked online it only gave me the option of one bedroom standard, lake view or theme park view. I will continue to check the website and call MS as well. Great advise on packing, thank you.

Your 1 bedroom is half of a 2 bedroom lock-off. A very small possibility exists that at the end of your 1 bedroom stay, the studio next door may be available to make your 2 bedroom. In that case you wouldn't have to move, just open the connecting door.

:earsboy: Bill

Also, place "Travel With" notice on both reservations of the other reservation number. This way the CMs doing the room assignments will know of a special request to determine if it is possible to get your request.
If nothing else works out, on move day be at the check-in desk at 7:00am, check-out and in and request to be in the first available room.
I have done this with two split stays and the room was available at the time I checked-in. That way you can just move your "stuff" yourselves before check-out time.

I wouldn't trust the waitlist system. ......(snip)....
For those who may not know or remember, there is no waitlist system within 7 days. OP said they were checking in this Wednesday.

A lock-off means that there in an interior connecting door between a 1 bedroom and a studio to make a 2 bedroom.

If you have a lock-off 1 bedroom (you do, see below) and if the studio that connects to it was available on the day you change to a 2 bedroom, you could possibly just keep the 1 bedroom side and move into the studio to complete your 2 bedroom reservation. That's a bit tricky to get arranged, but some people have managed it. If you are lucky, you will have a room between 11 and 4 on change day. :)

I see that the online system does not have an option for a lock off 1 bedroom, but according to work2play's thread, all of the 1 bedrooms at BLT are lock-offs. That's good news for you. :)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

You'll have to call MS and explain what you want to do and ask the MS CM to put notes on the two reservations so that the room assigner for BLT can at least attempt to make that happen for you.

Remember that keeping the 1 bedroom and just adding the connecting studio is still a long shot. But maybe some pixie dust will come your way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter