Switching Resorts

mep319

<font color=green>Go EAGLES! Go FLYERS!<br><font c
We are booked for AKL Savannah View for 7 nites. I also did a seperate reservation for 3 nites at WL. I'm considering cancelling my last 3 nites at AKL and moving over to WL for those last 3 (we are staying 7 nites total)....My DH is concerned all the moving will take too much time away from the parks but he is also concerned AKL is too remote for him...(he is a go..go..go kind of guy). So my questions is what are the pros and cons of switching resorts. Does it take a lot of time? Do you enjoy changing the resorts or not? Please some imput we need to make a decision soon!! Thanks!!

If you are going to be go-go-go all the time it won't really matter where the resort will be if you are going to be in the pakrs all time - WL if anyting is closer to the parks, at least MK. I think it depends on how much you want to pack. For us, it isn't a big deal but we pack light. You just wake up and call bell services and they come and take your bag. Then you go do what you were going to do that day. That night you go back to the new resort, check in, and the bell services there puts your bag in your new room. Not a big deal for us, but we don't pack as heavily as we see some folks do. So if packing is a big deal it may not be worth it - we do a lot of long weekend sorts of trips, so when we go for a week it seems too long to stay at one place and we get sort of bored there, so we'd rather split it between two. Other people think differently and don't want to pack and unpack. It isn't hard to do, but it is up to what you want to do. I'd do it if it were me.

DR

Hi mep,
We switch at least twice on every trip. Our trips are usually around two weeks, but even on a 10 day trip in 2000 we enjoyed our first three nights at ASMu (we always start there), then 5 days at BWV, then finished up with two leisurely days/nights at AKL to refresh ourselves before heading home.
For us, checking into another hotel is like starting another vacation. It kind of resets the excitement. Also, different hotels are uniquely situated to give you access to certain aspects of WDW, so we usually concentrate on what's nearby while we are at a particular hotel.
As for the logistics of switching, we find them to be pretty smooth. We usually get up and get packed, then go directly to the next hotel and do a pre-check in, leaving all our stuff with the baggage desk. Then we're off to the parks for the day. We come back in the late afternoon or early evening, stop by the desk to get our room assignment, and have our luggage brought up.
Granted, there are just the two of us, but I know families that travel light and find moving to be pretty easy.
Hope that helps you decide. I say try it once, at least.
Janet

I've done 2 resorts on several trips, shortest was 1 nite at ASSports, then 3 nites at BCV. I don't think it takes much time at all (but then again, I was solo, not packing for anyone else). How long will the packing up take? Remember that you probably don't need to pack as carefully from resort to resort as you will when you go home. I just left my suitcases with bell services at the resort I was leaving, then hopped the bus to whatever theme park I wanted to go to. Then at the end of the day, or during a lunch break, go and check in to new resort (the check-in process never took more than 15 mins in mid to late afternoon). I always enjoyed seeing 2 resorts per trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter