Switching Off

hooligan

Party of 10 to WDW in 2006
Does anyone know whether Disney staff will let you "switch off" if it is one of the parents that doesn't want to ride? If one parent can't ride because of medical reasons , can the the other ride once with each child?

I don't see why not. There probably aren't a lot of rides you'd need to do that on, though. Last year when we went, we had a 2 yo who couldn't go on a lot of the rides. So DH stayed with him while I went on the ride with our older 2 kids (11 and 6 at the time) and then the two kids both went on again with DH while I stayed with DS2. I'm trying to think of rides that only fit 2 to a seat where we had to switch off and can't at the moment... Anyway, if you need to switch off, most rides simply give you a ticket to bring to the fast pass line for each rider. So you'd need each rider at the line to get the tickets from the CM and they aren't going to care who is holding the ticket when you go to get on the ride.

I would hope the CMs would be more accommodating if there is a medical reason. When we tried to child swap with DD on one ride because DS was asleep in the stroller, we were told no because it wasn't a "child swap" ride. :rolleyes: Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter