Switching hotels during stay and getting FP's....a question

karensi

My Family and Disney are my two favorite things!
Hi, I've spoken to 2 different CMs and gotten 2 different answers, so I'm turning to my pals here on the Dis board. Here's the story...we will be staying at the Boardwalk for 2 nights, checking in on Friday, April 19. I can make my FP ressies on Monday, Feb 18.
We will then be leaving the Boardwalk and checking into the CR on Sunday, April 21.
So here's where the confusion lies....One CM tells me that I can make all of my FP ressies, for the entire trip, on day 1, Feb 18, 60 days prior to check in at the Boardwalk.
The other CM says I can only make FP ressies for the Boardwalk stay (2 nights) on Feb 18, then I have to wait until 60 days prior to check in at the CR, which would take me to Wednesday, Feb 20, to start making FP ressies for the rest of our stay.
We have tickets for our length of stay and all tickets show up on MDE.
Both CMs I've spoken to assure me that my 2 hotel reservations are linked. Both seem to have different definitions of what "linked" means in regards to making the FP ressies.
I'm going to go by what you guys tell me. I know I could just wait till it's time to make the FP ressies and see what happens but I'd really like to know what's correct and be prepared.

Thanks so much

You can make all FP ressies for the entire trip on day 1 but have to book ADR's separately for each stay. I think sometimes that confuses the CM'S. :)

Hi, I've spoken to 2 different CMs and gotten 2 different answers, so I'm turning to my pals here on the Dis board. Here's the story...we will be staying at the Boardwalk for 2 nights, checking in on Friday, April 19. I can make my FP ressies on Monday, Feb 18.
We will then be leaving the Boardwalk and checking into the CR on Sunday, April 21.
So here's where the confusion lies....One CM tells me that I can make all of my FP ressies, for the entire trip, on day 1, Feb 18, 60 days prior to check in at the Boardwalk.
The other CM says I can only make FP ressies for the Boardwalk stay (2 nights) on Feb 18, then I have to wait until 60 days prior to check in at the CR, which would take me to Wednesday, Feb 20, to start making FP ressies for the rest of our stay.
We have tickets for our length of stay and all tickets show up on MDE.
Both CMs I've spoken to assure me that my 2 hotel reservations are linked. Both seem to have different definitions of what "linked" means in regards to making the FP ressies.
I'm going to go by what you guys tell me. I know I could just wait till it's time to make the FP ressies and see what happens but I'd really like to know what's correct and be prepared.

Thanks so much

The information in the FP FAQ is based on hundreds if not thousands of user experiences over several years now. Trust that over any random phone CMs. As noted above, the Split Stays post answers your question.

If both of your reservations show up on the My Disney Experience app you will be able to make All of your reservations for your entire stay

I have a split stay starting April 4th and have already made my FP+ selections. I was able to make FP+ selections for my whole 8 day trip on Feb 2nd without any issues.

OP here, just want to say thank you to all :love:
Don't know what my family or I would do without you guys!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter