Switch out Le Cellier for Narcooses or Flying Fish?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
DH has agreed to switch out lunch at Le Cellier due to some carefully placed bad Youtube reviews (mwoo-ha-ha! ). We're now doing lunch at Coral Reef and choosing a signature for another Epcot night for dinner. We're between Narcooses and Flying Fish, leaning towards Narcooses surf & turf FTW. I snagged an 8:35 ADR so we're in the neighborhood of the fireworks (not terrible if we don't see them). Should we: a) switch back to Le Cellier cause I'm a horrible person to sneak-ily inflict my dislike of LC on DH and DD, b) enjoy Narcooses instead, because, hey, in the end they'll thank me, or c) switch to Flying Fish cause maybe the refurbed menu is great? Just a disclaimer....DH thinks he decided to switch to Narcooses on his "own" .

I had dinner at Flying Fish in March with the new menu and décor. It really was fabulous. We spilt the shrimp appetizer. Two of us has the salmon and the other the sustainable fish. We were very pleased with quality of the food and the service.

Flying Fish is a much better experience, both in atmosphere and food, and I like Narcossee's. I plan last minute due to my professional life, and its in the rotation of places I try every trip.

I don't think LeCellier is worth 2 credits or the OOP prices they are currently charging.

I've been to the old Flying Fish Cafe and loved it. The new menu does not appeal to me at all, so I doubt I'll be going there again anytime soon.

Narcoosee is one place we skipped last time on the deluxe plan, and I regret choosing California Grill in its place. CG was beautiful and the service and atmosphere were awesome so I'm glad I got to experience it.

But the menu was weird, and the food we struggled to choose was not great. I think that we would have enjoyed the food more at Narcoosee. I know the menu was appealing that week.

Should we: a) switch back to Le Cellier cause I'm a horrible person to sneak-ily inflict my dislike of LC on DH and DD, b) enjoy Narcooses instead, because, hey, in the end they'll thank me, or c) switch to Flying Fish cause maybe the refurbed menu is great? Just a disclaimer....DH thinks he decided to switch to Narcooses on his "own" .

a) How many restaurants did each person originally select? Not merely agree to, but actually pick?
b) What makes you sure this will be the result?
c) Have you checked Yelp or TripAdvisor, or the DIS https://www.disboards.com/forums/disney-dining-reviews.127/ for reviews of Narcoossee's or Flying Fish?
d) Is there a reason you're using subterfuge and snarkiness to steer your husband/family away from a restaurant you don't like, instead of being upfront?

Ok.... my post was tounge-in-check. We do WDW annually and know what everyone's must-do's are. Just happens we are doing the DXDP this year, so are adding many old haunts as well. DH knows my exact thoughts on LC and all other eateries. If it makes you feel better, I gave up Akershus this year cause I was only going for the goat cheese. (We're doing CRT as well). I have checked reviews on many sources for many of places we are considering eating and have been to, cause I do it for fun. BTW...snarky and sneaky are two very different things. Just sayin...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter