Switch from All Star to Boardwalk thru David's Vacation Club?

disneydinerhp

Earning My Ears
Going through David's Vacation Club it looks like a studio at the Boardwalk Villas will only be $100 more for the week than our room at All Star Music. Are there any downsides to switching? I booked a room only through a travel agent. We are 50 days from our departure. I guess I am most worried about somehow losing the fastpasses I booked if I switch.

I've rented from them, the only downside for me was you can't cancel if you need to so you have to be sure of your dates. Also, when renting through them you are treated just like a DVC owner, which means you do not get mousekeeping every day, I think it's every 3rd or 4th day, don't remember.

Are you sure that there's a studio at Boardwalk available for your dates? Or are you just looking at pricing?

50 days out would mean you're there in peak season for the Epcot area DVC resorts, because the Food and Wine Festival will be going on. It's pretty tough to get anything at BWV or BCV at 7 months out, let alone 50 days.

Are you sure that there's a studio at Boardwalk available for your dates? Or are you just looking at pricing?

50 days out would mean you're there in peak season for the Epcot area DVC resorts, because the Food and Wine Festival will be going on. It's pretty tough to get anything at BWV or BCV at 7 months out, let alone 50 days.

This. There's no way to check actual availability without reaching out to David's directly. I would be shocked if there were BWV studios available now. As mentioned, Epcot area resorts fill up around the 10-11 month mark during Food & Wine.

If it's available definitely go for it!! And you can get housekeeping still, you just have to pay for it. For a studio it's $30 per day for a full clean. There are less expensive options as well.

Sorry to say, but I was thinking the same thing. We tried to book thru David's, but we couldn't get in at more than 10 months out.

As others have said if you know you can do it go for it - BW is amazing. We are going in Sept and booked BWV thru David in February. I don't know about your fps but you should call when you have your res number and see if that can be attached to your MDE app.

Try the DVC rental board here. You can usually rent for less and the contracts tend to be a little bit better. They will also check the availability for you quickly.

I know others have said this, but it cannot be emphasized enough....a standard view at BWV during Food and Wine has almost zero chance of availability. Those rooms need to be booked 11 months out.

I have to agree with others about questioning the availability. The biggest downside for us is the fact that the studio only has 1 bed and we did not like the pullout. But even with that, we would definitely make the change.

The only downside is that you will not have housekeeping. I am a DVC member and I have never missed it. It is definitely worth $100! Go call David NOW!

I was curious and checked the availability tool for DVC members. For Studios or 1 Bedrooms for your week there is next to no availability anywhere on Disney property... a few resorts have a Monday or Tuesday night available but that's it. There is no availability at BoardWalk at all.

Even looking at 2-3 bedrooms, There is only availability Mon-Wednesday night. Stick with the All Star room this trip and if you want to rent points, plan for the 11 month booking window to stay where you really want. If you want to save a couple dollars, you can wait until the 7 month window, but there will be much less availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter