Swine Flu in WDW!!

CowboyCO

DIS Veteran
A comfirmed case of Swine flu in WDW. A tourist from Mexico was diagnosed in Orlando has been diagnosed with the swine flu. Will this affect your travel plans if you are going soon?

http://www.wftv.com/news/19311020/detail.html

Swine Flu Case Confirmed In Orlando
Posted: 10:41 am EDT April 28, 2009
Updated: 11:30 am EDT April 28, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Eyewitness News has learned of Orlando's first confirmed case of swine flu. According to the chief medical officer for Adventist Health System, Loran Hauck, the case was diagnosed Tuesday morning.

"A case was diagnosed here in Orlando today on a tourist from Mexico who came to Disney attractions two days ago to visit," Hauck wrote in an email obtained by Eyewitness News.

No further details have been released, but Eyewitness News is working to learn specifically what days the tourist was at the parks and which park the tourist went to.

Details about the tourist, beyond being from Mexico, have not been released.

Eyewitness News contacted the Orange County Health Department late Tuesday morning. They said they were unable to confirm the report.

Disney told Eyewitness News late Tuesday morning that they have not received any confirmation about a swine flu case involving a guest.

nice...thats scary. But, I'm thinking, unless you had direct contact with this guy... going days after isn't going to make you catch it....

No, I'm still sitting home mentally counting off the days until we should have been there (21 :( ) and wishing we were going in May instead of Sept.

nice...thats scary. But, I'm thinking, unless you had direct contact with this guy... going days after isn't going to make you catch it....

It probably won't make a difference to anyone travelling there now, but imagine how many people that guy came in contact with. On attraction lines, in restaurants, in the hotel.

I think this is going to get worse quickly.

My DH is there right NOW! Oh well, we only live an hour away so we'd probably get it anyway...

It probably won't make a difference to anyone travelling there now, but imagine how many people that guy came in contact with. On attraction lines, in restaurants, in the hotel.

I think this is going to get worse quickly.

And he is not the only person from Mexico who has been at WDW or who will be going while this flu is spreading.

The concern will be that he was exposed to CM's, who could then pass it on to other guests.

A comfirmed case of Swine flu in WDW. A tourist from Mexico was diagnosed in Orlando has been diagnosed with the swine flu. Will this affect your travel plans if you are going soon?

http://www.wftv.com/news/19311020/detail.html

DS12 is there right now. Hopefully he won't be the one to bring it back to Colorado. However, I have no worries about him. It responds to Tamiflu so, if he starts showing signs of a respiratory infection, you better believe we will be at the Peds asap for testing and medication.

I have plans to be there in a week and a half and have every intention of going.

I think this thing will get bigger quicker if the gov't doesn't act quickly to shut down traffic into the country from Mexico. hat also means shutting down the borders.

The important thing to remember is that this is a repiratory disorder. That means COUGHING. On people, in lines, at restaurants, in bathrooms, in theaters. How many THOUSANDS of people came into contact with this guy at a place like WDW?

Then all of those tourists who were exposed will go back to their homes all over the country (and the world). :scared1::scared1:

We're not supposed to go until August, but I'm going to take a wait and see attitude on it. We've also talked about how we're not going to mess around with any illness we get in the near future and immediately go to the doctor, even if it looks like a cold. This virus can kill if not diagnosed early.

Not to sound paranoid, but if we were going in the next week or so, I'd consider delaying. I wouldn't want to put my children at risk.

This was enough to bring me out of lurkdom... We are going to WDW May 3-10 and I'm a bit concerned. I had been joking all week that, of all places to be when something like this is going on, WDW is probably not one you'd put at the top of your list.

I wouldn't be so worried except that we have a 6 month old. I will put in a call to the pediatrician just to get some advice.

We have trip insurance, but I'm guessing that will only be valid if the CDC puts some kind of travel ban in effect.

Sigh...

I'm thinking of all of those nasty high chairs at Disney. Maybe I'll order a portable one we can hook to the table.

Im going, and not cancelling my plans. Ill def keep an eye out, and use a lot of purell, but I refuse to live my life in fear of every little thing that comes down the pike. If i get it, I get it. Im not cancelling teh trip ive been waiting for, for over a year now

DH and I were just discussing this flu and our upcoming trip in 2 weeks. We are not considering cancelling but we are considering wearing masks on the airplane. So often I get sick from the airplane without the swine flu going around, that I might endure the stares, etc just to have a barrier between me and the recycled germ filled air on the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter