• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Swimming in December

Jenskids6

Earning My Ears
I’m looking to take my kids for the first time the week of December 12th.
Is it a waste of money to get tickets for volcano bay? Will we be able to use the pools at the hotel? Thanks newbie questions here

Depends, where are you from? Living in South Florida zero chance I get in a pool unless it is heated to 86 or so haha. Not sure about volcano bay, but pools should be fine.

If you get your tickets ahead, don’t get a 3 park ticket. When you get there check the weather and decide if want Volcano Bay. Tickets are easy to upgrade.
Weather is unpredictable in December. One time I was wearing a short sleeved blouse iafter dark and the next day a down jacket with gloves. One year there was frost on the car. Trouble was we didn’t have scraper.

Volcano Bay closes if it is too cold which might be less than 70 degrees. It was closed for 3 days in a row the week I was at Universal. I went one day last December and had a lot of fun - no lines at all. The water was warm and comfortable everywhere except the aqua coaster which was a little cool that day but all the other slides and pools had really warm water.

The pools are heated to 80+. They are plenty warm when it's less than 80 degrees outside.

(I haven't been to Volcano Bay, nor any waterpark, other than in the summer)

We swam during our first trip December 2010, when it was 50 degrees. We did not swim when it got colder. And that 50 degree evening was miserable for the parts of our bodies that weren't submerged. I don't really recommend it unless you're Scandanavian and are used to cold plunges.

But in normal late Fall temperatures? Swimming is fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter