Swim Diapers at WDW Pools?

Jo-Anne

DIS Veteran
My DS will be almost 3 on our Sept trip. He is potty trained during the day and he wears a pull up at night. My question is, do the pools at WDW resorts (we'll be at BWV) require a certain age of a child to wear swim diapers regardless of whether or not he is potty trained? I remember from some other threads that HIFS required children under 3 or 4 (?) to wear swim diapers regardless of whether or not they are trained. Just want to be prepared! Thanks, Jo

Hi Jo-Anne-
Not sure how much help this is, but we stayed at BWV in April and I didn't see any signs or mention of a swim diaper requirement. DD was only 9 months, so she definately had one! There were kids there of all ages and I didn't notice any signs or CMs checking to make sure kids had them. Hope this helps.

In the resort newsletter (and I beleive on the pool rules posted at the pool) it states that "diaper aged" children must wear a swim diaper. If your son is potty trained during the day, then i would say that he is not "diaper aged" and you should be OK without them. Of course, if you were to take him swimming while he was sleeping, that might be another story. ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter