SWGE AP previews - Meet Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only got the Tie fighter magic shot, but we had a PP be creative with poses for one of our pictures in front of the MF

Had an amazing time at GE today. DD8 built a BB-Series and DD10 built an R-Series droid. On the R-Series, one of the sound trigger buttons (the top one) doesn't work but on the BB both buttons work. Anyone know if they are both supposed to work on both models?

Had an amazing time at GE today. DD8 built a BB-Series and DD10 built an R-Series droid. On the R-Series, one of the sound trigger buttons (the top one) doesn't work but on the BB both buttons work. Anyone know if they are both supposed to work on both models?
Are you talking about on the controller? If so, the cm told me that button was for pairing the droid.

Are you talking about on the controller? If so, the cm told me that button was for pairing the droid.
Good to know. We had 2 kids building at the same time so it was a little chaotic. I thought it was weird that both buttons worked on the BB and not the R but if that’s normal then all is good. Thanks!

@yulilin3
Just creeped out your daughter asking if her mom was on here 😂
She boarded my son and I as we piloted, and I proceeded to hit more than I missed :o so much fun!!!

my CM at my building station said it was for the personality chip if we installed one. I have an R-unit, didn't get the personality chip, and it doesn't do anything. I will be back in January/February with a droid building time slot booked to get a B-unit and plan on looking in to the personality chips, hoping I can get one after the fact and install on my R-unit. It felt like they were not very good at giving directions and lots of people I talked to were given different information. I didn't even know about the personality chips until I had already built it and the CM explained the remote to me, so they definitely have some kinks to work out in there as far as telling people what their options are and extra stuff they can buy before beginning to build the droids.

my CM at my building station said it was for the personality chip if we installed one. I have an R-unit, didn't get the personality chip, and it doesn't do anything. I will be back in January/February with a droid building time slot booked to get a B-unit and plan on looking in to the personality chips, hoping I can get one after the fact and install on my R-unit. It felt like they were not very good at giving directions and lots of people I talked to were given different information. I didn't even know about the personality chips until I had already built it and the CM explained the remote to me, so they definitely have some kinks to work out in there as far as telling people what their options are and extra stuff they can buy before beginning to build the droids.
My R unit has a personality chip and that button doesn't do anything. It's just for pairing

We still have 15 minutes left on our actual preview time but right now it doesn’t look like there is anyway to sort people out based on time. I’ll update if storm troopers force us out at 1pm.

I have noticed the first hour or so was less crowded but it’s still not bad even though there are people from two, possibly three slots, in the land right now. The line for SR has been anything from 25-55 minutes with longer lines around the time new preview groups are entering.

No idea if this will change as things continue, but on Saturday they weren't policing staying beyond your timeslot one iota (Which I kind of half anticipated, as they didn't police timeslots in pandora or toy story land either - Which is why I signed up for the earliest spot)

Other than a return time for your Oga/Savi reservation, you're not given any credentials or identifying paraphanalia for your timeslot of any kind. No one is asking, scanning or checking magic bands at the ride, restaurants or stores. You could literally stay there from the top of the first timeslot to the bottom of the last one if you so chose to.

My party was in the land roughly 7 1/2 hours from 9am to 4:30pm. Drank at Oga's, had Milk, rode the ride at least 5 times (1 standby, 4 of which were single rider, which was usually walk-on) basically kept going until I finally got to try pilot, which is rare as a single (but occasionally possible), ate at the quick-service, built a droid, had popcorn... shopped in the antiquity store twice, aaaaaaand... were told we could wait standby to build a saber at Savi's, but chose to save it for a later visit, as we'd done more than enough and spent more than enough money already that day.

Now you'd think since no one was being forced to leave, the place would have gotten more crowded throughout the day, but the opposite actually seemed true. There was a rush of eager first slot people in the morning, then the place seemed to thin out drastically in the afternoon. Ride wait time went down. Line got shorter. As mentioned, single rider became a walk-on. In the morning there were lines to get into shops/food, but there weren't in the afternoon (which is why we went back into the antiquity shop). Savi's began taking walk-ins. Crowd in general seemed to thin. Ample space and empty tables everywhere.

Wondering if maybe Disney anticipated some of the early slot people would linger and released fewer spots in the afternoon to compensate? *Shrug* Also it rained midday, which I'm sure ran some people off, but the rain happened to overlap perfectly with the 1 time we waited standby on the ride, so we sidestepped it entirely.

Who knows. But we got as much as possible in while the getting was good, because it wasn't overcrowded at all and it's presumably only going to get worse once the general public gets in.

No idea if this will change as things continue, but on Saturday they weren't policing staying beyond your timeslot one iota (Which I kind of half anticipated, as they didn't police timeslots in pandora or toy story land either - Which is why I signed up for the earliest spot)

Other than a return time for your Oga/Savi reservation, you're not given any credentials or identifying paraphanalia for your timeslot of any kind. No one is asking, scanning or checking magic bands at the ride, restaurants or stores. You could literally stay there from the top of the first timeslot to the bottom of the last one if you so chose to.

My party was in the land roughly 7 1/2 hours from 9am to 4:30pm. Drank at Oga's, had Milk, rode the ride at least 5 times (1 standby, 4 of which were single rider, which was usually walk-on) basically kept going until I finally got to try pilot, which is rare as a single (but occasionally possible), ate at the quick-service, built a droid, had popcorn... shopped in the antiquity store twice, aaaaaaand... were told we could wait standby to build a saber at Savi's, but chose to save it for a later visit, as we'd done more than enough and spent more than enough money already that d

Now you'd think since no one was being forced to leave, the place would have gotten more crowded throughout the day, but the opposite actually seemed true. There was a rush of eager first slot people in the morning, then the place seemed to thin out drastically in the afternoon. Ride wait time went down. Line got shorter. As mentioned, single rider became a walk-on. In the morning there were lines to get into shops/food, but there weren't in the afternoon (which is why we went back into the antiquity shop). Savi's began taking walk-ins. Crowd in general seemed to thin. Ample space and empty tables everywhere.

Wondering if maybe Disney anticipated some of the early slot people would linger and released fewer spots in the afternoon to compensate? *Shrug* Also it rained midday, which I'm sure ran some people off, but the rain happened to overlap perfectly with the 1 time we waited standby on the ride, so we sidestepped it entirely.
Says alot when people are surprised when others follow the rules without needing CM'S to enforce them.

Says alot when people are surprised when others follow the rules without needing CM'S to enforce them.
Disney never said they would enforce the time slots and there's already precedent of no enforcements from pandora and tsland. There was no rule to follow when deciding to leave

So, on the whole, if we didn't get an Oga's choice at registration would there be any chance to get in during our time slot tomorrow?

No idea if this will change as things continue, but on Saturday they weren't policing staying beyond your timeslot one iota (Which I kind of half anticipated, as they didn't police timeslots in pandora or toy story land either

And to add to this we asked to be allowed in early and the CM said "sure, just come back at...". We were allowed in an hour before our time slot. We were scheduled for 3:00-7:00. Also, we stayed in Oga's a little over an hour and left on our own, we were never asked to drink and settle up by our server. Not sure how much longer they would have tolerated us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter