SWGE AP previews - Meet Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this be a good thread to look through on Saturday or Sunday for people to post actual experiences of how it went? What they needed to get in .. when they got there .. how crowded it was .. etc?

Or is there another similar thread?

I cant wait to start hearing everyone reports!
Find out if Oga"s will be selling the Souvenir cups/Rancor Board beer.flights, please! Oh, and if you can use AP discount on anything at all in the land, too :love2:
I’ll be there that same time. I haven’t decided if I’ll write posts while we’re there or wait until after. We might be too caught up in it all to do it while we’re there

I have the first time slot and will try to write a short post as soon as I can. But we should probably put them in this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/share-your-story-from-visiting-swge.3751432/
Super. Enjoy!

I guess I personally am wondering things to help plan my day -- travelling with kids (2 and 6) .. we dont have a lot of flexibility, nor do we want to wait around a lot. (Thus the main reason I chose to do this AP preview trip)

1) What is the entry procedure like? (If you have the first time slot especially .. when should you get there .. when do you get into the park .. is there a wristband or something? Where do you get it?)
I just want to make sure we get there early enough to maximize our time in the land and not spend a lot of time registering to get in.

2) Whats the crowds like? Whats the wait for MFSR?

3) Is the Play Disney app functioning during previews?

4) Do you get kicked out?

I cant wait to start hearing everyone reports!
Find out if Oga"s will be selling the Souvenir cups/Rancor Board beer.flights, please! Oh, and if you can use AP discount on anything at all in the land, too :love2:

I’ll definitely let you know if the beer flight is available as that is a priority of mine, if possible! ☝🏻

tlmadden73 - I’ll try to report on all those things. Probably will be after my preview time.

Today is a sad day for me :(. I started having upper abdominal pain yesterday afternoon, and I had gall stones about 4 yrs ago. Thought it was that, but pain never went away, currently in the ER and found out I have appendicitis. No AP preview for me on Saturday 😭😭
Oh no! I'm so sorry! I know you were stalking this preview for weeks. Get well soon so you can plan another trip to Batuu.

Hi folks - I'm keeping up with the list on page 1, and should have everyone included on the 25 pages of posts so far. If there are any folks who haven't chimed in yet on their day and timeslot that wish to be included in the page 1 list, please post and note your day, timeslot and whether you picked an extra (Oga or Savi's).

We had a few folks simply chime in with a day, but no time. I added those individuals as "?? time".

Lastly, I hope you are doing okay fiveminutes. I've been there. :guilty:
SWGE will be waiting for you when you are able to visit.

I still can't believe I'll be visiting Batuu on Saturday!! How will I recognize other board members in my time slot? Is there a meet up spot? A secret handshake? 🤣

August 19 3-7. Didn’t get a chance to chose (1) or (2). We had to extend our trip a whole week so I hope we get to do everything!!

Hi all - I checked with the Moderator who created the initial watch page for the previews, and got a thumbs up to create this.

If anyone is heading to the SWGE AP previews between Aug 17th and 21st, solo or not and wants to meet up with groups from their time slot, post your day and time slot here, and perhaps some of you can meet and experience the new SW area together.

(1 stands for Oga's, 2 for Savi's - not everyone mentioned Millenium Falcon, but I'll presume the majority of attendees are going to ride it.)
The List:

Aug 17 (Sat) ** get well fiveminutes **
9 to 1:
Haley R (1), Ferrentinos (1), ambellina (1), KayKayJS (2), JediStitch (1), JayLeeJay (1), bernina, Chrisoxcollector, wareagle57 (1), MamaSquirrel, Iowamomof4 (1)
11 to 3: JulesMD, DVC4US (1), beesly (1), astarrysea (1), Rickat96 (2), TresGriffin (1), kmrobins03 (1), Ericandus
1 to 5: fiveminutes (1), vinotinto (1), krrrristen (1), behindthegossip (1), AngiTN (1), Dis4Life10 (2),
ReginaMBK (2), Suejacken, Disneylover99, Friendlyadvice2 (1), StephenM84, Three11hex (2), focusondisney (1), Laura's Dad (1), jedipenguin (1), StacyStrong, tbrown6971, karmacats, MickeyBarMike
?? Time: thmcmcdonald1 (2)

Aug 18 (Sun)
9 to 1:
maccagerl (1), bizeemom4, zgirls (1), marciemi, mikat (1), nycDis (1)
11 to 3: Trinitys Ghost (1), SRuscitto (1), saraslay
1 to 5: tstein12 (1), always (1), Kristen 5now3r (2), Turksmom (1), gamiller (2)
5 to 9: OhhBother (1), xoalexo, ssdeverell, MusicalAstronaut
?? Time: gamiller

Aug 19 (Mon)
9 to 1:
diablobird (1), DrFacilier (1), MouseMamaToMany (1), N.Lo (1), jennie622 (1)
11 to 3: GaSleepingBeautyFan, karrit2000 (1), mikeamizzle, lauradisneymad (2)
3 to 7: cheshiregoofy (1), BarbLynnM, dismiss (1)
5 to 9: tarak (1), Ghost Hostess (1), Squirrel29 (1), Anotherdropintheocean, TISHLOVESDISNEY (1), drwitz (1)

Aug 20 (Tues)
9 to 1:
tlmadden73, fla4fun, beary62
11 to 3: AGoofykindagirl (1)
1 to 5: NWasikWare (1), tjmw2727
3 to 7: WDWGeek1971, Ladyfish77, Gehrig1B (1)
5 to 9: Zeus'Headache (2), MyView (1)

Aug 21 (Weds)
9 to 1:
Ivy Lexi (1), dragitoff, The13thLetter, princessfionasmom, SoloDWGuy (1), armerida (1)
11 to 3: JPM4 (1). LMO429
1 to 5: LindaOwl1
5 to 9: Shelleyfs (2), Soph&HanMom, LuigiSpice (2), ksromack (1), Allybaster (1), jenmssmith (1)

Last person added as of 8/15: Am up to Page 25 (marker for TG to keep up)

Today is a sad day for me :(. I started having upper abdominal pain yesterday afternoon, and I had gall stones about 4 yrs ago. Thought it was that, but pain never went away, currently in the ER and found out I have appendicitis. No AP preview for me on Saturday 😭😭
Glad you went to the ER! I pray that you find relief soon and start to feel better. I'm sorry to hear that you have to miss the preview after working so hard to get it. Galaxy's Edge isn't going anywhere. You need to take care of yourself, and that's what you are doing. Maybe you can plan a trip for after the 2nd ride opens in December.

Feel better! I agree with PP - GE isn't going anywhere and it is super important to be healthy!

Since most of you are probably already here or on your way, I wanted to say, have fun during your preview. Remember it is a preview for a reason, CM may still be ironing things out so if things don't work out perfectly be patient and know the entire cast is trying to give you the best experience. Report back to this thread only please, it has been a real struggle to keep these threads focused:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/share-your-story-from-visiting-swge.3751432/Till the Spires!!

Since most of you are probably already here or on your way, I wanted to say, have fun during your preview. Remember it is a preview for a reason, CM may still be ironing things out so if things don't work out perfectly be patient and know the entire cast is trying to give you the best experience. Report back to this thread only please, it has been a real struggle to keep these threads focused:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/share-your-story-from-visiting-swge.3751432/Till the Spires!!
Thanks for your efforts. I can’t believe I will be there tomorrow. Star Wars fan since the beginning (1977) and have always wanted to be part of that world

I check in for our flights in 1 hour (Southwest) and then we leave tomorrow morning for our Sunday morning preview. This is just crazy! I can't believe it's happening!

We’re driving over to the dolphin right after Dh gets off work! Can’t wait for tomorrow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter