SWGE AP previews - Meet Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do we think about when to ride SR? Should we be riding it first thing when we get there or wait a little bit? I'm guessing it won't have too long of a wait no matter what, but I really don't know what to expect.
My thinking is not to do it right away but try to do it at least once before 11 when the second group comes in. But depends on what time they give me and my group for Oga’s. Obviously the strategy would differ for someone in another time slot.
I was wondering the same thing - I think in DL the shortest waits were right before the next group came in - so I'm thinking around 10:30am unless we are scheduled at Oga's then!
........ummm what barcode? lol :rotfl:
LOL! I was just thinking the same thing!!!!!

I was wondering the same thing - I think in DL the shortest waits were right before the next group came in - so I'm thinking around 10:30am unless we are scheduled at Oga's then!

LOL! I was just thinking the same thing!!!!!
Maybe we’ll build our droid first that way he can interact with the land while we’re walking around and then head to SR after that.

So much to do, so little time! We’re looking forward to enjoying the land before opening day and the crowds that will ensue. Now to decide if I should bring my dSLR or just rely on my cell phone.
Just purchased a GoPro to record in 4K. Not great with a phone on the camera. Now if I can just figure the thing out!!!

........ummm what barcode? lol :rotfl:
Seriously lol. My printer just broke so I had to forward the emails to my husband to print at work, scroll down and there is no barcode. I'm bringing my email just in case, never can be too careful.

I am probably over thinking things BUT...

One of my friends who is going has an AP with "Melissa MaidenName" on her MDE. We registered her for the preview under this because that's what her MDE still has.

Her state ID has her name as "Melissa MaidenName MarriedName"

Does anyone think this will be an issue? I don't want her to change her MDE at this point because she's already registered under the old name..........

I'm assuming it won't be an issue because her maiden name that shows on her MDE is part of her full name on her ID, but I really have no idea...
She will be fine.
Due to typos on my first name and my state not being able to accommodate having two last names, neither my first nor my last name match on any of my AP card, DVC card, or state issued driving licence. (FIRSTNAMEMIDDLENAME MAIDEN NAME MARRIED NAME vs FIRSTNAME MAIDENNAME MARRIEDNAME vs FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME MAIDENNAMEMARRIEDNAME). It has never mattered for anything at Disney.

my daughter will be working Saturday from 4pm to midnight (private event after ap preview),

Do you know what time the private event starts? Will the 1-5 pm groups be forced out right at 5? Assuming from CM reports that earlier groups get to stay as long as they want, so I’m hoping the 1-5 group either gets let in early or gets to stay past the 4 hour slot too.

I have the 11am to 3pm window. I made a 9:25am character breakfast H&V what time should we be there to check in. unsure if I should cancel or not the breakfast

Do you know what time the private event starts? Will the 1-5 pm groups be forced out right at 5? Assuming from CM reports that earlier groups get to stay as long as they want, so I’m hoping the 1-5 group either gets let in early or gets to stay past the 4 hour slot too.
isn't there a slot until 9pm?
ETA: I just checked post 1. I guess there isn't a later slot that day. I would guess the ride will close at 5pm but some of the stores might remain open? not sure, sorry. Remember you can probably be able to check in an hour before your preview starts

Am I the only one going Saturday who still hasn’t received the reminder email? I had to call to get the confirmation sent. I printed up 2 copies of that (just in case I lose 1!). Guess I’ll be calling again tomorrow for this email.

Quoting myself....anyone else still waiting for an email for the 17th? I still haven’t received the email that went out yesterday. I called & 2 CMs said they are sending them out 1-2 days before, so not out yet! I said I know they went out yesterday, they countered with, well they go out in waves so I will still get it. Told them since I never received the original confirmation email until I called twice, I have no confidence I will get this one. I am traveling tomorrow & wanted one sent today. They now have “no way” to send the second email out. If I don’t get it, I just need to go to guest services to get my info pulled up.

I know it will be fine, but it is just another aggravation I don’t need.

isn't there a slot until 9pm?
ETA: I just checked post 1. I guess there isn't a later slot that day. I would guess the ride will close at 5pm but some of the stores might remain open? not sure, sorry. Remember you can probably be able to check in an hour before your preview starts

Thank you, that’s what I’m hoping, that they will just let us in about an hour early. We are not morning to night park people anyway. We are used to breaks in the afternoon. I’m sure by 5 we will be ready to head to a nice relaxing sit down dinner. :goodvibes

Everyone is asking if they can overstay their time slots - is that causing the last time slot of the day to be super crowded? I was only able to do 5-9pm and now I'm imagining it crazy busy with all the people from earlier slots. :/

Everyone is asking if they can overstay their time slots - is that causing the last time slot of the day to be super crowded? I was only able to do 5-9pm and now I'm imagining it crazy busy with all the people from earlier slots. :/

See, that is my worry too. From the CM previews, it seems like there is no “clearing out” of guests when their time period is over. We have 1-5 on Saturday, the last spot that day. I am also concerned about people sticking around from the first 2 spots making our experience less than optimal. And I don’t think it is fair if some people get to hang around for all 8 hours it is open on a Saturday (9-5) & others only get their 4 hour slot. So I hope we get in a bit early & can hang around a bit later. But who knows. Many have commented that the numbers are low enough that it won’t matter anyway. I hope that’s true.

I'm Saturday 1-5 and since i'm worried they will let people hangout all day i'm going to try to check in at 11 that morning. If i'm able to get my wrist band only to avoid a line later i'll be thrilled and if I get in early then I will consider things fair if they don't remove people.

Seriously lol. My printer just broke so I had to forward the emails to my husband to print at work, scroll down and there is no barcode. I'm bringing my email just in case, never can be too careful.
We’re gonna ask the front desk at the dolphin to print it for us. If they can’t I guess we’ll just pay to do it at the business center. Dh can’t print at his work because it’s all classified

I'm Saturday 1-5 and since i'm worried they will let people hangout all day i'm going to try to check in at 11 that morning. If i'm able to get my wrist band only to avoid a line later i'll be thrilled and if I get in early then I will consider things fair if they don't remove people.
Aren’t you doing the same thing but on the front end for the first two groups? You would be cutting into their time and doing what you’re hoping people won’t do to you.

ETA: Sorry I read your post wrong

Last edited:
I am in the same boat. I am arriving by plane that morning so I won't have a ton of time before to check in before my time. I hope they don't let it become too crowded. Just because we have a later time slot shouldn't give us a disadvantage. Of course, if everyone followed their time slot like they should, it would be fair for everyone.

Aren’t you doing the same thing but on the front end for the first two groups? You would be cutting into their time and doing what you’re hoping people won’t do to you.
The way I interpreted that post was getting their wristband early and then coming back later to actually enter the land (vs arriving at the beginning of their time slot and wasting half an hour waiting to get it). That sounds like a good idea to me!

The way I interpreted that post was getting their wristband early and then coming back later to actually enter the land (vs arriving at the beginning of their time slot and wasting half an hour waiting to get it). That sounds like a good idea to me!
Oooh that makes so much more sense. My bad. I thought they were saying they were gonna try to actually go in at 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter