• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

swf tags??

I still have to finish the scene transitions and the audio events. It just blinks back and fourth between scenes right now. Not too long though.

JC

Hey JC, its Dan... I went and got my own nick cuz i dont like using my moms.

I'm just curious as to why you would need transitions between scenes if you are only building a signature...it sounds as if you are trying to build an entire site. A signature wouldn't need multiple scenes even with a preloader.

What you said earlier about scenes is impossible...you can't make it not load scenes whenever you want because flash isn't built that way. I know a LOT about preloaders and I know that the only way that what you say can be done can only be done with loading multiple movies onto different layers. This may have been what you meant, but I thought I would point this out anyways.

Also, just so you know, the signature I created for my mom is only 36k in size so it doesn't require the preloader... it would have been smaller if the visits text box wasn't put in.

Scene was the wrong term.

You need to link the first movie to the second in a new layer on the same stage, which would allow you to only load a larger layer upon request.

Sorry about that.

Your mom's current one is fine (and quite nice at that). I was only letting you know for future stuff.

As far as not needing multiple layers for a sig.....you might be surprised at how much junk I can fit into that little box! Can you say "Mucho motion", "Button bonanza" and "Event elixer"?! (Sorry, I made that last one up.)

JC

Mista Mo? How did you go from Dan to that?

I got it from the Simpsons...the episode where Homer, Moe, Barney and Apu go and join the navy...when Homer becomes the captain he calls Moe Mister Moe and I thought it was cool so I used it.

The problem is that since it has multiple instances it is calling for the focus WAY, WAY too often. That is slowing down the ambient page activity. Post it on a seperate thread and let me see if it does it with only one instance too.

JC

I had absolutely no idea what you guys were talking about until I came to this part:

That is slowing down the ambient page activity

I had a heck of a time trying to read this thread. I love the clipart though. I'm definitely learning flash this summer. :D

Lisa,

I've had a little of the slow down problem too on Flash pages.

I'm with you Lisa. I've already started into Flash. Can't wait to get some real time to work with it.

JC:

Dan's turned in for the night, but he said that he sees what you mean and is going to make some changes to his signature in order to speed up the page activity. I guess he has too many little movies in it and it's slowing things down? Is that what you were referring to? Lisa, this is all as clear as mud, to me, lol! :)

I need a little "That's over my head" smilie. :D

No problem, Dan. :cool:

Ok, I've created a completely new sig with very few moving parts to it so the pages should scroll smoothly now (Its less than 2k in size!!!). I may add features like a link menu and an email form, providing they don't slow anything down.

It could have just been the math Mo. I went to Flashkit and saw the code for a simmilar file and the movement by itself may not have been the problem. I think (guess) that it was the mouse locator tied together with the math that moves the symbols that was slowing things down.

It didn't help that there were multiple instances of it running on the same page either.

You keep Flashing and I'll keep watching.

When are you going to finish the site?

JC

I got the code from Praystation.com so I don't think there could have been any problems with it. I haven't encountered any problems with slowness before so I think it had to be from the number of instances x number of signatures.

As far as the site goes, I don't know if it will ever be finished because I quite often change designs :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter