Sweet 16 party ideas for MusicalDisneyDreams

Here are a few ideas. I found a blog that was "Candy around the World" instead of "Beers around the World" for EPCOT.

Germany: All things Werther are German. You could pick up some of those locally and save yourself some postage and Disney's mark-up prices ;) Same thing with the Haribo line of Gummy candies.

Japan: The pavilion is packed with Japanese candies. The bags are all bright colored with Japanese Anime and lettering on the packges and the individual candies. This seems to be the best choice for candies having the authentic country or origin look. We have eaten a couple different ones from there and they have been ok. Probably closest to American hard candy that you will find.

Morocco - doesn't have any choices for candy. The closest thing you can find is something called Tiffany cream wafers. (Think Nabisco sugar wafers.) They look like vanilla wafers with dark chocolate filling.

United Kingdom - Cadbury chocolates - probably the orange flavor chocolate that actually looks like an orange and you break into pieces is the best choice - and yummy too!

Canada - the candy is kinda on the type as the UK. She said the only candies she could find that were different were the maple sugar candies and the Wunderbar (Chocolate bar with nuts).

Mexico - she recommended the Hot Chili Pops or the Chili Corn Pops. Neither sounds appealing to me, but that's what was recommended.

Norway - Either Licorice coins (dark black anise flavoring) or they have something called Swedish Forest Berries (kinda like the gummy raspberries we buy here in the states). There is also something called a Freia Firklover chocolate lovers bar.

No idea on the pricing for any of these things. You can probably find the Cadbury and Werther stuff here and save some money. I think the store that my mom works in still sells the maple sugar candy if you are interrested in that. I can double check and let you know if you want.

Sounds like it will be a wonderful party! Soooo much fun to pick out foods to serve.

Hanne and Danielle thank you sooo much :) :dance3:

Danielle you saved me a ton of research :thumbsup2 Hanne I didn't even think about crepes and we make those all the time....I wonder where I can find gelatto.

Rachel has decided on a black forest birthday cake :goodvibes and we talked about food this morning.

Call me Mrs Picky:rolleyes1 but the chocolate orange you refer to is by Terry's of York (OK, they have probably been taken over by Nestle :rolleyes:) They also have a bar available - I think its about 5 or 7 segments - but sometimes you can get a jar of assorted individually wrapped segments (some with crispies, some milk, some plain etc.) - like a tin of Quality Street but just chocolate orange segments (so less fighting in THIS house:rotfl:)

If you're worried about things melting why not make scones instead and serve them with jam? I'm not sure if you can get authentic clotted cream:sad2: Or make a trifle or Bakewell tart - very English:thumbsup2

Mazda--tea & scones is at the top of her list :) She loves scones w/ cream & jam :thumbsup2

Here's the food list so far:

Mexico--nachos or chips & salsa
Norway--rice cream
China--egg rolls; general tsao's chicken
Germany--schnitzel; black forest cake
Italy--fetuccini alfredo
USA--
Japan--tempura shrimp
Morocco--kabobs
France--french onion soup; crepes
UK--tea & scones w/ cream & jam
Canada--something w/ maple syrup

For Canada how about a maple bbq glazed chicken wings, or maple creme brulee? Both are easy and yummy!

For Canada how about a maple bbq glazed chicken wings, or maple creme brulee? Both are easy and yummy!

Cassey--you wouldn't happen to know where I could find a recipe for maple creme brulee would you? Creme brulee is Rachel's favorite dessert!

ETA: Okay duh! I did a web search and found 5 good sounding & easy recipies ;) Thanks for the idea!

Germany also has that new caramel stand. Yummy! Will think about the rest of the countries.

Oh it is more than a stand. It is a delicious, delicious store full of tasty treats! And I had my dinner there (and at the ice cream shop) this evening! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Soooo good! My Candy Trek of Awesome was, in fact, awesome. :)

There is shippable candy in every country, minus Morocco and just its wafers. However, baklava is delicious and could be made at home instead.

I have tons of pictures if anyone needs a candy fix! :rotfl:

Oh it is more than a stand. It is a delicious, delicious store full of tasty treats! And I had my dinner there (and at the ice cream shop) this evening! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Soooo good! My Candy Trek of Awesome was, in fact, awesome. :)

There is shippable candy in every country, minus Morocco and just its wafers. However, baklava is delicious and could be made at home instead.

I have tons of pictures if anyone needs a candy fix! :rotfl:

Lucky! We planned on doing Candy 'Round the World last year, but it just didn't happen. I'm glad you enjoyed it, though. What were your favorites?

Yum ;) Do you think that could be mailed from Florida at this time of year?

The basic candies could but you probably can get wurther's (sp) around home - that is a German candy and the caramel sold at Disney. If you want dipped caramels you would need to make those at home.

Rebecca

DH and DD1 pointed out to me that we live very close to the Asian and Hispanic parts of Denver and they have huge markets! So I'll be able to pick up some things there. DD1 also suggested the World Market store and I found a store that has homemade caramel no too far away.

But, there are definately a few things that we can only get through our special DIS friend :hug:

I am a little older than 16 (i'm 25) but i got excited when reading these ideas but to add to whatever you choose cotton candy, and popcorn machines are always a good rent. It kind of also brings the theme park and childhood Disney snacks into the party. I've also seen them at weddings and they are always a hit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter