StarWarsMomofGirls!

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone!!!

I am sorry for being MIA lately. Instead of listing all the reasons why, I decided to do a little throw back trip report to try and inspire me to get back into the trip reporting way! I have to finish this trip report, I have a December trip AND a February Trip that I need to work on! So, I need some inspiration! And even just starting this throw back trip report has sparked that a little!

So, if you want to hear about our VERY first trip to Disney, come on over to 'A Throwback Trip Report - 7 years ago' and see how small Morgan and Gwen were and remember what Disney was like before Fast Pass Plus! In a simplier time...

PlutosRHM55

Pluto's Prince (Haters back off!)
Just caught up and joining in! It's wild to think August was when Galaxy's Edge previews and MNSSHP was happening was just about a year ago. That's too too wild. Love all these 'look-backs' you are giving us.

• StarWarsMomofGirls!

DIS Veteran
    Hey Everyone!!!

I am back! Well, hopefully! I think I figured out why I let this one die down a bit. I have to admit, that the Halloween Party night waa a bit of a let down for me this trip. Granted it was HORRIBLE by any means, just not my most exciting day. And then it just had bad timing with everything else going on. SO, I am going to try and use this next post to power through with the evening. So, I appologize in advance if I kind of go through the rest of the night at a high level. BUT there is def still lots of good stuff to come! Promise!

Day Four: The Second half of Halloween Party

So, I think I left us off splitting up from Andy's sister's family to go ride Big Thunder Mountain and watch the parade. As we walked over, we saw lots of open space for the parade in Frontierland.

So we decided to grab a spot and get some desserts.

I went and ran to get Dole Whips while they sat and waited. I again tried to mobile order and was having issues with the app. It wouldn't let me check in as being there or something. But I figured out, that if I exited out and went back in, I could then say that I was here.

I had plenty of time to get out snacks and head back to the area we were sitting at. I have no pictures, but I ordered a Dole Whip for Morgan and a Dole Whip Float for Andy, me and Gwen to share. And I impluse ordered the Pirates Horizon drink. Which was basically pineapple juice a a red juice. It was ok...

Gwen wanted to use the bathroom. I told the CM as we crossed that we were just going to the bathroom. Which thank goodness. Because when we came back, they were trying tell everyone to go all the way down and around. But the CM remebered us and let us through!

We were able to see the headless horseman for the first time. And Gwen kept saying how are they doing that.

Untitled

I won't bore you with too many photos, as there are tons out there and videos. But I loved the gravediggers and the new floats!
    Untitled

Untitled

After the parade was over, we walked up stream and tried to get over to Big Thunder Mountain as fast as possible.

I told the girls this time that we weren't waiting for the back row, as we needed to still go find a spot for fireworks.
    Untitled

We were on the ride by 9:25, and then had a bathroom break and then headed to find a spot for the fireworks.

Which, we managed to squeeze into an area. There was people lining the taped area but no one was in the middle. So, we just stepped into that area.

It wasn’t the best spot but not the worst. Especially for not really waiting. We probably waited 10 minutes before the fireworks started.

Untitled

Fireworks were also great. We struggle with the fireworks. I tend to be disapointed as I am almost always only seeing part of it with my height.

Untitled

But with the fireworks over, we walked over to where the dessert party was, and met up with Andy's sister and family as they were exiting.

a few folks wanted to ride Space Mountain again. So I suggested that the rest of us go ride Dumbo while they did that.

Which Andy's sister goes to Disney basically every August and she had never been on DUMBO!!!

So, we headed over that way slowly and went to ride.

Gwen rode with me.

And we got Andy's sister to ride with Morgan.
    Untitled
    And Andy became our paparizi and took our photos from the front elephant all by himself. (as the oldest son declined to ride Space Mountain AND Dumbo)

After the girls wanted to ride Barnstormer. So I took the girls to ride that while Andy and his sister went into Big Top to get some waters.

The first time Morgan got the front row to herself.
    Untitled
    Which when we got off, she declared that it was WAYYYYY more fun at night and by yourself. So, Gwen wanted to ride as well, so, of course we had to go again so Gwen could try...

Untitled
    Which Gwen also declared as true! We were able to ride that 2 times before Andy and his sister re-imerged from Big Top.

We decided to meet up with everyone in front of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, so we headed out. On the way, the girls asked if they could ride the tea cups.

So, I bravely voleentered to go with the girls.
    Untitled

And, I don't typically get motion sickness but the tea cups do mess with me a little. This time I video the ride and looked at the screen the whole time. And it seemed to help. Plus I let the girls turn the tea cup themselves. And I don't think they were doing a very good job.

Untitled
    The tea cups did have there "night club mode" going on for the party. So, it was fun enough.

While we were on the ride, The rest of our party caught up to us and we moved on to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

We got in line for 7DMT at 11:23. We were hoping to hit Haunted Mansion also before the party was over. We were cutting it close!

It was basically a walk on at this point in the night. I was kind of bummed that we couldn’t walk the full que but it wasn't that big of deal.

Untitled
    Andy rode with Morgan.

Untitled
    And Gwen rode with me. I have that we were on the ride by 11:37!

Untitled
    I am glad we were able to ride this, we have not done this many times as night.

I think Morgan was mad because she wanted to ride with Gwen and Gwen wanted to ride with me.

Once we got off, we got off and tried to High Tail it over to Haunted Mansion for one last ride.

I gave Gwen a piggy back ride over to HM. As she was tired and really didn't want to even go on the ride. But we didn't have time to do rider swap. So, I basically had to convince her to ride.

As we were walking over, @Tracy161 passed us, as we were a slow moving train. But I said hello again and told her to go ahead of us. As she was doing the same thing and I didn't want to be the casue of her missing the ride!

But we did make it! (to Gwen's dismay) with 10 minutes to spare!

Untitled
    This is how Gwen waited in line the whole time. In her defence it was very late as well.

Untitled by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr

Gwen rode with me. That was one of her demands for going on the ride.
    Gwen rode with me and tried plugging her ears the whole time. She said the music was the worst part.

And Morgan went with Andy.

Once we were off the ride, the party was offiically over. So we slowly walked out of the park together.

Untitled
    I tried soaking in the last of the party but it ended up being a long day. And the negotiating with another family was way more exhausted than I had expected!

On the way out, we did stop for one last photo.

At least this one came out!

Oye, the oldest boy, again not following directions. He is almost "inside" the horse. Ha!

We did get a photo all together again, which was nice....

And this one.

We walked to the bus and waited for 2 busses to come and leave before we got to the front, but we were able to get seats on the 3rd bus that pulled up. So really that was fine!

Gwen sat on my lap and promptly feel asleep. (Which she almost never does) And we all crawled into bed VERY late!

But tomorrow was a rest day! And we were ready for it!

Last edited:

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
    Gwen wanted to use the bathroom. I told the CM as we crossed that we were just going to the bathroom. Which thank goodness. Because when we came back, they were trying tell everyone to go all the way down and around. But the CM remebered us and let us through!
    That is good! I hate when they direct you way far away and you're like - I was sitting right there!
    I tried soaking in the last of the party but it ended up being a long day. And the negotiating with another family was way more exhausted than I had expected!
    yeah, going to Disney with other people can be tough!

Tracy161

DIS Veteran
    I have to admit, that the Halloween Party night waa a bit of a let down for me this trip.
    I absolutely agree. It was massively crowded which really just bummed me out. Still had a good time, and it was great to see you all again (even if it was a quick hi!), but I really wish they wouldn't pack those parties like they had.

Your pictures really came out great and I LOVED your outfit that night! Your hair bow was especially adorable :goodvibes Can you believe our August trips were nearly a year ago?! :sad:

• missjackiemcg

DIS Veteran
    I can only imagine what it would be like trying to do a Disney trip with my in-laws!!!! I bow to you for even giving it a try :)

Love your Haunted Mansion pics, LOL. Those will be fun to recreate as your kids get older!!! :)

vamassey1

DIS Veteran
    You got a lot done during the party, especially with juggling another family. My youngest doesn't like HM either. She has gotten better over the years but we use to have to bribe her to ride. I agree if you go to the Halloween Party, HM is a must.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.