SWA's new boarding procedure??

Ted and Holly

This login is used by Ted only, please refer to Ju
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but has anyone flown Southwest with their new boarding passes??? I was wondering if it is any smoother and if you have any tips!

Also, how does it work if you are making a connecting flight? How would I get boarding passes then?

Holly

Well, it "may" mean one less line to stand in.

They now give out boarding passes 90 minutes in advance at either the gate or the check in counter. If you check you bags more than 90 minutes in advance you will still have to stand in line at the gate.

On my first trip I was running late and checked in at the counter and I was in the second group. On my second flight I got to the airport in plenty of time and just hung around the counter area until 90 minutes in advance and then checked in (Note: There was no line so I could do this!) I got in the first group that time.

Is there still preboarding? If you have children, do they still let you on first?? Just curious

Thanks

You can also get a boarding pass a curbside.

Yes, they are still letting folks with kids UNDER 5 preboard.

We generally love Southwest, but did just had a not-so-good experience with the new system. We had to switch flights in Kansas City and when we checked in my DS6 and DD8 got 44 and 45 (group A), while my wife and I got 46 and 47 (group B). I joked to the counter person that it looked like my kids would have to get into a separate line... she laughed and said we could all get into the A line. We always pair 1 kid with 1 adult and my son and I got on fine. Well, one gate-person let my daughter on the plane (who had an A pass) but the other stopped my wife (with her B pass) and told her that she had to go to the end of the B line. She protested that her daughter had just gone down the jetway, but the gate person told my wife "Well, she'll save you a seat." Luckily I turned and saw my daughter walking alone into the plane, or there would have been a lot of tears. Needless to say, we're writing a letter!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter