• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Swapping a purchased item..

JustJonathan

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

So.. last visit we purchased an item that we were really fond of, asked for a "non show one".. only to find that when we got home, it was the wrong color!....

Luckily, some of my work-friends are going for a quick trip this weekend and have kindly offered to take the wrong one back with receipt to swap.. they are staying at the NYH and I'm wondering if it'd be possible to get in contact with any of them before friday night and have the right one ready at the shop?.. We just want it swapped.

I believe you have 30 days to swap an item as long as it has not been opened or has alk original tags...plus a receipt. There are a few exceptions though...mainly limited edition stuff, vinyalmations and the like. Best off giving them a call and checking directly with the shop if you are able to exchange the item first off. I'm sorry but I don't have the number to hand right now.

I think your friend should be able to swap this ok in the shop. Personally I wouldn't bother phoning the hotel beforehand, it might complicate things more than necessary ;)

Personally I wouldn't bother phoning the hotel beforehand, it might complicate things more than necessary ;)

I'm with Julie on this, I'd just give the item and receipt to your friend, hopefully they'll be able to swap it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter