Swan Reserve

Yeah, the whole way they are approaching this is sketchy. I used points for 5 nights in Nov that aren't all available at the Dolphin or Swan now. Booked back in Feb. So now if they are that delayed w construction,I have no recourse and no where to stay?!?
Don't know. I had been remaining optimistic that it would be open for us. The email they sent me last week (came from Swan/Dolphin reservations) said I could cancel and rebook at the Swan or Dolphin, and the email stated that they both had availability for my dates. I know November is much more booked up overall, so not sure what they would say. i didn't actually get through to Marriott, the free night certs are in DH's name and he was out of town, so I just did it all online. Marriott CS may be able to help you. Chances are probably good it will be open by Nov!

Don't know. I had been remaining optimistic that it would be open for us. The email they sent me last week (came from Swan/Dolphin reservations) said I could cancel and rebook at the Swan or Dolphin, and the email stated that they both had availability for my dates. I know November is much more booked up overall, so not sure what they would say. i didn't actually get through to Marriott, the free night certs are in DH's name and he was out of town, so I just did it all online. Marriott CS may be able to help you. Chances are probably good it will be open by Nov!

I think the issue might be that @letsgobirds is using points and I've seen Marriott limit the number of rooms it will allow for a points booking. However I think the advice to contact Marriott CS is a smart move. Also, like with Disney, if you don't get the answer you want you can try calling back and getting a different person!

On the positive side, though, I think November is a pretty safe bet for the Swan Reserve to be open. I was at the Swan last week and it looks pretty close to being done. My bet would be that it will open early to mid October.

I think the issue might be that @letsgobirds is using points and I've seen Marriott limit the number of rooms it will allow for a points booking. However I think the advice to contact Marriott CS is a smart move. Also, like with Disney, if you don't get the answer you want you can try calling back and getting a different person!

On the positive side, though, I think November is a pretty safe bet for the Swan Reserve to be open. I was at the Swan last week and it looks pretty close to being done. My bet would be that it will open early to mid October.
It's actually not available for regular cash reservation either on my dates , in both the swan and the dolphin. Sold out totally a few days in Nov. So if this doesn't open on time, we are up the proverbial creek.

The first part of November is quite busy. What days are you looking for?

F&W is still ongoing at Epcot, the Run Disney events on Nov. 5-7. Veterans day week & Jersey week ( all NJ schools are out ) and many families make a break to WDW or did in the past.

Dave

The first part of November is quite busy. What days are you looking for?

F&W is still ongoing at Epcot, the Run Disney events on Nov. 5-7. Veterans day week & Jersey week ( all NJ schools are out ) and many families make a break to WDW or did in the past.

Dave
Ahh, the half marathon may explain it. We are going Nov 4-9. We have gone durning Jersey weekend before and while somewhat busy, it was never like this. We would need a backup res for Nov-4-6 if the Reserve doesn't open since that's when there is no inventory at Swan or Dolphin , or any of the nearby Dis resorts either.

Best deal I can usually find is the corner mini suite at Dolphin via Hotels.com. This is the UK Hotels.com though so maybe we get a better deal. They call it a ’King Room’ so people may not realise it’s the 500sqft mini suite with a nook with a sofa bed in it and resort views. It’s significantly cheaper than Swan Reserve.

Ahh, the half marathon may explain it. We are going Nov 4-9. We have gone durning Jersey weekend before and while somewhat busy, it was never like this. We would need a backup res for Nov-4-6 if the Reserve doesn't open since that's when there is no inventory at Swan or Dolphin , or any of the nearby Dis resorts either.
Called Swan today about my Oct reservation at the Swan Reserve. Reservations person said Swan Reserve will be open 1 Oct, so you should be good for November.

Called Swan today about my Oct reservation at the Swan Reserve. Reservations person said Swan Reserve will be open 1 Oct, so you should be good for November.

I agree Disney confirmed with me opening for Oct 1, which is good for me for my Oct 7-11 30th anniversary trip....... they postpone again🤞

I agree Disney confirmed with me opening for Oct 1, which is good for me for my Oct 7-11 30th anniversary trip....... they postpone again🤞
After confirming yesterday with Marriott that the Swan Reserve would be open 1 Oct, I received an email today: "We are writing to advise you that due to construction delays the Walt Disney World Swan Reserve will not be open at the time of your reservation. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and have taken the following steps to provide you as seamless an experience as possible."

They moved us to the Swan in a comparable room and lowered the rate. Hoping there are no further construction delays for those with Oct reservations. Definitely have a Plan B!

Ugh, so they are still not ready for Oct 1? Does anyone have an update on an anticipated opening date ?

Ugh, so they are still not ready for Oct 1? Does anyone have an update on an anticipated opening date ?
They haven’t officially said anything after the late Sept announcement. Looking at the website it says opening October. Unfortunately the first available date to book right now is 11/7. That’s a recent change, just a couple days ago mid-Oct was available for an egregious about of money and normal price rooms were available starting 10/31.

Nope. I called on Wednesday to confirm my 1 Oct reservation and was told that the room would be ready for check-in. Yesterday got the email about construction delays.

That's nuts. Did you call the in house line or Marriott?
I called the Swan directly. I was surprised to get the email since the day before they said check-in on 1 Oct was good. They should go ahead and let people know about the construction delays.

Yeah, this is being really poorly handled. There is no way they don't know they won't be ready for the first or second week in Oct. Looking at the bonvoy app calendar makes November look unlikely, so why are they waiting so long and not accurately communicating this?

They haven’t officially said anything after the late Sept announcement. Looking at the website it says opening October. Unfortunately the first available date to book right now is 11/7. That’s a recent change, just a couple days ago mid-Oct was available for an egregious about of money and normal price rooms were available starting 10/31.
This is a little concerning, our check in date is Nov 8. I am going to have to keep a watch on this, I was really hoping to stay at the Swan Reserve.

My experience has been that Autograph collection hotels are genuinely nicer, and worth a little upcharge even if they aren't legitimately in a luxury category like a JW Marriott.

WDW Reservations just called me and moved my 10/7-11 reservation to the Dolphin, they "upgraded" me from a 1 Bedroom double queen suite to a King suite with a connected King room so it still works (maybe better) and discounted the room. I asked if there was any chance they could throw in a ROR boarding pass but sadly she said no. :rotfl2:

The agent was a local and said she drove by the Swan Reserve this week and said there were still many construction vehicles around. Can anyone confirm this, I was thinking they were struggling to get help?

Pam...

I just booked my January stay...I'm sure it'll be open then. (think of the padme/anakin meme here) It WILL be open then right??

Feeling pretty good about using the Marriott point sale plus some accumulated points to do an all points booking there with the fifth night free (something Marriott does if you book four nights with points, you get the fifth night fee.) Sticker price is $2947 for the stay I'm doing right now but I am paying about $1200.

I am getting nervous now, I was speaking to a receptionist at the Swan about my reservation and she said oh it will be open by Christmas but I would love to see it actually open soon!

Our dates are over New Year and am happy to be moved to Swan or Dolphin at existing rates but will anything comparable be available over New Year! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter