• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Swan Reserve

mary o

Earning My Ears
Hi! Is anyone booked into the new Swan Reserve yet? I see there is Bonvoy point availability in September, when we are planning our trip. For anyone who has been to the Swan/Dolphin recently, were you able to take a peak at the new pool? Hoping it is still within walking distance of MGM.

It is still a construction zone so now views of the actual pool at the Swan Reserve. It is scheduled to open Sept. 1 so that would explain the Bonvoy points for September.

Why would it not be in walking distance DHS?

It is located where the old Swan Tennis courts were location just across Epcot Resorts Blvd.

About 3-7 more minutes to cross Epcot Resorts from within the Swan Reserve to the boat dock at the Swan & Dolphin or to follow the walking path toward the Boardwalk and the walking path to DHS.

Dave

I have a Swan Reserve reservation for Oct. I tried to link the reservation to My Plans last month. I contacted Disney and received the following reply: "At this time we haven't been advised of when we will be able to link the new Swan Reserve Resort. We are hoping by Summer, but nothing specific on date or time frame as when it will begin. We do apologize for the inconvenience on this. Please continue to check back and continue to try and link your reservation as we move into the Summer."

I tried again today and was able to link the reservation in MDE!

would the swan reserve be closer to epcot and Hollywood studio walking? or is it slight further away?

This resort looks beautiful. If I remember right it is on the same side as the mini golf course

Just booked here today and moved our CBR. The horror storys people be talking about with the late night skyliner had me worried. Plus I got the jr suit so we have a king bed and a pull out for my son. Only cost us about 70$ more a night for peace of mind. I do hope more info somes out. Im exited to try it all out. I kinda hope we dont LOVE it since the rest of our 7 days are at AKL jambo studio with no living space heh.

Lack of info has me worried tho

Just booked here today and moved our CBR. The horror storys people be talking about with the late night skyliner had me worried. Plus I got the jr suit so we have a king bed and a pull out for my son. Only cost us about 70$ more a night for peace of mind. I do hope more info somes out. Im exited to try it all out. I kinda hope we dont LOVE it since the rest of our 7 days are at AKL jambo studio with no living space heh.

Lack of info has me worried tho
When do you go? We have both CBR and Swan Reserve booked for January because I can't decide 😂

When do you go? We have both CBR and Swan Reserve booked for January because I can't decide 😂
Oct 9th-11th at swan reserve than the rest 11-17 at akl Jambo. The thing that made me switch is no skyliner lines for our first epcot and hs days.

Oct 9th-11th at swan reserve than the rest 11-17 at akl Jambo. The thing that made me switch is no skyliner lines for our first epcot and hs days.
I'll be curious to hear about it! I've been waffling because the walk from Swan Reserve looks to be quite a bit more than from Swolphin, and with two 70+ members of our party, one with bad knees and a bad hip, I don't want to do a long walk.

Of course, the rest of our (very large) party is booked at CBR, and staying there saves us about $1500, so we'll likely stay put.

I'll be curious to hear about it! I've been waffling because the walk from Swan Reserve looks to be quite a bit more than from Swolphin, and with two 70+ members of our party, one with bad knees and a bad hip, I don't want to do a long walk.

Of course, the rest of our (very large) party is booked at CBR, and staying there saves us about $1500, so we'll likely stay put.
I watched a video and you cross a road and your right at the swan or dolphin idk which is closer. But yes it adds a few min to the walk. I also can't wait for more info. It's right next to Fantasia gardens which we always never have time to do so if we don't play this trip we just won't ever do it hah

Any insight into the opening day here? We have a early Nov res that I booked back in Feb , and now I just heard the opening date has been pushed again from Sept 1 to late Sept. Anyone with a Sept or Oct res here any more information?

I'm looking at January/February and wondering why the Reserve (542/night) is so much more expensive than the Swan (328) or Dolphin (287). Is it just because it's new? They are the same Marriott category so I didn't anticipate such a price difference, especially with the Reserve being a little less convenient.

Hi! Is anyone booked into the new Swan Reserve yet? I see there is Bonvoy point availability in September, when we are planning our trip. For anyone who has been to the Swan/Dolphin recently, were you able to take a peak at the new pool? Hoping it is still within walking distance of MGM.
Just returned from the Swan last Friday. You can't really get close to it as it's an active construction zone. Yes, you can walk to DHS from there. I'm guessing it's about the same walk as from the Swan.
would the swan reserve be closer to epcot and Hollywood studio walking? or is it slight further away?
It might be the same distance to DHS and just a little further to Epcot, but not by much. It's really close to the S/D.
This resort looks beautiful. If I remember right it is on the same side as the mini golf course
Yes.
I'm looking at January/February and wondering why the Reserve (542/night) is so much more expensive than the Swan (328) or Dolphin (287). Is it just because it's new? They are the same Marriott category so I didn't anticipate such a price difference, especially with the Reserve being a little less convenient.
My guess is that it's more because it's new. There's some differences in the Marriott brands that might be playing into the price, as well (regardless of category.) The SR is part of the Autograph Collection, S is Westin, and D is Marriott.

Marriott website now shows "Opening soon Oct 2021". I've got an Oct reservation but no word from Marriott.
On Aug 16 the S/D Facebook page said 'Opening late Sept'! 2 days later I got an email that I needed to move my Sept 26th checkin because it wouldn't be open by then. I was using free night certs so I had to cancel and rebook the Swan on my own, they couldn't move me.

On Aug 16 the S/D Facebook page said 'Opening late Sept'! 2 days later I got an email that I needed to move my Sept 26th checkin because it wouldn't be open by then. I was using free night certs so I had to cancel and rebook the Swan on my own, they couldn't move me.
Disappointed Marriott didn't move the reservation to the Swan for you. Poor customer service. Thanks for sharing this info.

Yeah, the whole way they are approaching this is sketchy. I used points for 5 nights in Nov that aren't all available at the Dolphin or Swan now. Booked back in Feb. So now if they are that delayed w construction,I have no recourse and no where to stay?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter