Swan or Hilton Bonnet Creek

pixie2416

Mouseketeer
Hubby and I are planning a 3-night grown-up getaway the second week of December. I'm currently holding reservations at Hilton Bonnet Creek for a Disney view room and at the Swan for a resort view with balcony - got great rates for both. We've never stayed at either before.

The Swan is running about $170 more, but we're closer to the action (plan to spend time at Epcot and Boardwalk) and we enjoy sitting on a balcony with a cocktail and watching the world go by.

Can anyone tell me what we'd possibly looking at with a resort view at the Swan (parking garage, pool) versus a Disney view at Hilton (which park(s), is it a good distance away)?

Thanks!

Bonnet Creek is nice. It serves it's purpose as a close to Disney alternative to a Disney Villa. While to location is great, I would not classify any of their "views" as something to brag about or worse pay extra for.

Yes you can see Tower of Terror off in the distance, as well as a few other landmarks, but again, they are not something you would sit a stare at.

Swan will give you a better view, depending on epcot vs studios side of the building.

For me, the swan would be worth it so you dont have to have a car. Walk to epcot or the studios, and bus to MK and AK.

Staying at Bonnet Creek, you either have to rely on their poorly ran bus service to TTC, or drive to a park, or drive to one of the many "alternative" places to park.

Actually we stay at the Hilton Bonnet Creek very frequently. Their bus service is excellent in my opinion. There is no 20 minute wait. They have a schedule and you know exactly when they are coming. Riding in a chartered bus sure beats the Disney bus. These are totally different buses (and a totally different resort) from the Bonnet Creek condos which I understand are not great. They have service to all the parks and not just TTC. The hotel is beautiful and the service is great.

The Swan is definitely closer to the action. With a view you can see lots of fireworks and be super close to HS and Epcot. Restaurant options are great as well as you can easily walk to the Dolphin, Boardwalk or Yacht Club.

Overall I think the rooms and hotel itself are nicer at Bonnet Creek, but you definitely get the convenience at the Swan.

Id say Swan. Being able to walk to 2 parks and Boardwalk can't be beat.

The swan is one of my faves.....we love the bar there and walk to Dlophin for a quick breakfast

Thanks so much for your input! We're probably going to go with the Swan since the trip is a short one and we plan to spend most of our time at Epcot.

Good to know about the bus service at Hilton - makes it a good candidate for longer stays. We have a dinner ressie at Bull & Bear in the Waldorf which I believe is next door to Hilton. We'll check Hilton out while there and hopefully I can convince hubby of a summer trip with the kiddos. :)

Glad this was asked - it prompted me to check out transportation at Hilton bonnet creek (we stay there this weekend and planned on cabs) thought you had to pay but i see its complimentary!

Yes, it's complimentary! Often times it gets lumped in with the Wyndham Bonnet Creek (condos across the street) which has terrible bus service from what I hear. The Hilton and Waldorf share the charter bus. It's very nice and never crowded (at least in my experience). We love it! No need for cabs.

They will give you a schedule at check in and there is also a web address you can plug into your phone if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter