Swan & Dolphin Weddings FAQ

I have lots of questions....
1--did you have a reception and where?
2--amount of guests?
3--how did you word your save the date cards??
4--budget?
5--any specific recommendations for us newbies?

Thanks lots Shannon!!
I can help out a little - I went to Shannon's wedding! :thumbsup2
1. She did have a reception... it was at EPCOT's Biergarten. She made the reservation through Disney and Just Marry was not involved.
2. My memory isn't great but I feel like she had around 30?

The other questions I can't answer!

HTH a little!

I can help out a little - I went to Shannon's wedding! :thumbsup2
1. She did have a reception... it was at EPCOT's Biergarten. She made the reservation through Disney and Just Marry was not involved.
2. My memory isn't great but I feel like she had around 30?

The other questions I can't answer!

HTH a little!

Yay!! Thanks Faith!! I've been looking for you. LOTS of questions for you since I'm using almost all of your ideas in my plans. LOL. Hope you don't mind too much. I'm still in the planning stages and can't book anything until January, which is working out very well since I'm able to buy a lot of stuff now. Got the lanterns last week. Got all the guest pins when I went to DW last month. And have already purchased all my 'welcome' guest bags. Since your wedding was at the Swan and Dolphin, how did you have your guests book their rooms? I contacted WDW in regards to Magical Gatherings and was wondering if this is the route you went? Also, can I get info from you about the WDW vacation Club? Any way I can get your email address or give you mine to answer specific questions? I know it might be more economical for me to go the VC route since I'm having to book and pay for all of our adult kids rooms as well, which will leave us responsible for 7 people in all (3 rooms, park hopper tickets, and meals). Anyway, my mind is on overload with so much to go through... not sure where exactly to start.... I'm planning another trip in Jan to WDW to hopefully book everything at that time. I'm looking to follow a lot of your ideas... Garden Grove afternoon dinner reception to follow Swan and Dolphin wedding. We'd like to stay at the Port Orleans Riverside. I'm going with the cake that looks a lot like yours and gonna try to go with the same cake vendor you used if that's an available option. Were you able to book all of that (Garden Grove Dinner Reception/It's Tasty Too Cake) through Just Events as well, or did you have to go about everything seperately?? I'm planning things from GA and won't be making a lot of trips over that way to meet people and book things. Thanks lots!! ~Lori :yay:

Yay!! Thanks Faith!! I've been looking for you. LOTS of questions for you since I'm using almost all of your ideas in my plans. LOL. Hope you don't mind too much. I'm still in the planning stages and can't book anything until January, which is working out very well since I'm able to buy a lot of stuff now. Got the lanterns last week. Got all the guest pins when I went to DW last month. And have already purchased all my 'welcome' guest bags. Since your wedding was at the Swan and Dolphin, how did you have your guests book their rooms? I contacted WDW in regards to Magical Gatherings and was wondering if this is the route you went? Also, can I get info from you about the WDW vacation Club? Any way I can get your email address or give you mine to answer specific questions? I know it might be more economical for me to go the VC route since I'm having to book and pay for all of our adult kids rooms as well, which will leave us responsible for 7 people in all (3 rooms, park hopper tickets, and meals). Anyway, my mind is on overload with so much to go through... not sure where exactly to start.... I'm planning another trip in Jan to WDW to hopefully book everything at that time. I'm looking to follow a lot of your ideas... Garden Grove afternoon dinner reception to follow Swan and Dolphin wedding. We'd like to stay at the Port Orleans Riverside. I'm going with the cake that looks a lot like yours and gonna try to go with the same cake vendor you used if that's an available option. Were you able to book all of that (Garden Grove Dinner Reception/It's Tasty Too Cake) through Just Events as well, or did you have to go about everything seperately?? I'm planning things from GA and won't be making a lot of trips over that way to meet people and book things. Thanks lots!! ~Lori :yay:
Lori: I'm SO sorry I didn't see this sooner!

1. About half of my guests stayed on property, the other half stayed off property. I did NOT do a room block as it was going to be a headache for me. I sent a newsletter out about 6-7 months before the wedding with on and off property accomodation information. Almost all of my guests were FL residents and knew where they wanted to stay. Teresa (Icecoldpenguin) had a room block, if you wanna chat with her!

2. I am MORE than happy to share my email to answer specific questions. faruss at gmail dot com :thumbsup2

3. I booked Garden Grove directly through them! I worked with Simone and she was wonderful! Just call the Swan and asked to be put through to the restaurant. They typically don't answer their phones during the day but leave a detailed message/contact number and someone should get back to you ASAP!

4. I booked It's Tasty Too directly through It's Tasty Too as well. I didn't actually use ANY Disney company for ANYTHING.

Have you joined our Facebook group? Here is that link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/105178389602615/

And, here I am on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blueeggie

Hey there Disney brides! I haven't logged into DisBoards in forever! This is a new username for me too. Would love to help or just chat Disney!

- Michelle

Hi Ladies I have not been on in forever too like these other girls. I had a Swan Crescent Terrace Ceremony and Fulton's Crab House Reception with a Wishes Dessert Party on 7/1/12. Can't wait to help out. Also here is the link to your swan and dolphin wedding facebook group we would love for you to join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/105178389602615/

I'm so excited! I finally get to meet Diana on my upcoming visit at the end of the month. Finally getting this ball rolling for our wedding 12/13/14 :) ;) ;)

Hi Ladies!!

I must confess, I have been reading this thread for a while now, dreaming along with all of you and your fabulous weddings. Well, it's finally time that I can begin to create my own dreamy wedding and I knew right away I wanted to be a Swan bride. (I think I knew a few years ago when I saw a video for a bride named Michelle and her hubby Russell. SUCH a beautiful wedding!) Anywho, I had some questions about the reception restaurants.

I know some of you have experience with the different places, but my question is, is there dancing in these restaurants? I know for some, a DJ may not be possible, but perhaps a small iPod set-up? You see, I have been dreaming of my first dance and my dance with my Dad and i know where ever I decide to have my reception, I want there to be lots of dancing! I just wasn't sure since some of these places are technically open to the public, is that permitted.

Also, I'm assuming I won't have to worry about centerpieces at these places too? (Which honestly, seems like a nice way to avoid extra headaches)

Thank you SO much for your help!

Hi Ladies!!

I must confess, I have been reading this thread for a while now, dreaming along with all of you and your fabulous weddings. Well, it's finally time that I can begin to create my own dreamy wedding and I knew right away I wanted to be a Swan bride. (I think I knew a few years ago when I saw a video for a bride named Michelle and her hubby Russell. SUCH a beautiful wedding!) Anywho, I had some questions about the reception restaurants.

I know some of you have experience with the different places, but my question is, is there dancing in these restaurants? I know for some, a DJ may not be possible, but perhaps a small iPod set-up? You see, I have been dreaming of my first dance and my dance with my Dad and i know where ever I decide to have my reception, I want there to be lots of dancing! I just wasn't sure since some of these places are technically open to the public, is that permitted.

Also, I'm assuming I won't have to worry about centerpieces at these places too? (Which honestly, seems like a nice way to avoid extra headaches)

Thank you SO much for your help!
Welcome! Michelle and Russell's wedding was what inspired us to have an S/D wedding! pixiedust:

We had our reception at the Garden Grove. We loved the vibe of the restaurant, the price, and Goofy and Pluto visited the restaurant which meant we benefited from having characters at our wedding without having to pay the $3k for 2 characters for 30 minutes... :thumbsup2

The downside was that we didn't have dancing at Garden Grove. What we DID do, though, was take all of our guests to the Atlantic Dance Hall which is a 5 minute walk away. There was no cover charge. The place is almost always dead and when we went, it was practically like a private reception. Our guests kept asking us how much it cost to rent such a venue and we said "free!" ;) Just keep in mind that there are plenty of dancing alternatives that are actually fairly inexpensive and don't require you to hire a DJ, a bigger reception space, etc.

Hi everyone! After lots of searching I found you all! I've spent the past 6 hours reading through past posts and my head is spinning with ideas! I'll do a more formal introduction after I get some sleep, but just wanted to give y'all a heads up that I requested to join the FB group that was linked in some of the previous messages.. I'm a real person!:cool1: My FB profile picture is of me and my FI (we're both ladies) :)

Just keep in mind that there are plenty of dancing alternatives that are actually fairly inexpensive and don't require you to hire a DJ, a bigger reception space, etc.

This thread is overwhelming - so much information (thank you all for sharing!). My boyfriend proposed this weekend and we had our heart set on a DFTW Escape wedding. The cap on people isn't a big deal, but my fiancé (still feels weird saying that!) really wants to have some music and dancing at the reception (I told him that with 20 people, we probably won't want to do "typical" wedding reception stuff for 3 hours, but he thinks he wants that). I guess we can use our iPod at the cake cutting/champagne toast for 30 minutes in a DFTW wedding, but I'm starting to consider a SD wedding to offer more flexibility.

Can you give some examples of the dancing/music alternatives you mentioned? My brother in law is a DJ and can create a mix for the iPod so we can save money on a DJ, but where can we do that, either in a SD ballroom or a restaurant, and also dance for 1-2 hours. I think that would be enough to make my fiancé happy :)

I kind of want a morning wedding and brunch reception too...not sure how much that would cost. If we did SD and there wasn't a cap on people, I expect we'd probably have somewhere between 30 and 50 people at the reception.

One thing we like about the DFTW wedding is that it includes annual passes, so I'm not sure if any savings offsets that. He's been married before, and we're going to do a family trip with his 9-year old son for 4 days or so before the wedding, than my future in laws will take him home to his mom's while new hubby and I have a Disneymoon. I just don't know if there are enough benefits to a SD wedding over DFTW...I guess I have a lot of parts of my question! And I've only been engaged for 4 days! :rotfl:

Thanks for any help you guys can provide - I really appreciate it!:rotfl:

Ahh! How funny!! I definitely watched that video from your wedding a couple hundred times haha Thanks for the tip about the iPod! I think we're going to lean towards that because the guest list doesn't seem to be too large so I would love a few intimate moments with my Dad and soon to be husband!

Also- Faith I am soooo looking into the Atlantic Dance Hall! That seems like such a steal to get a venue like that free where we can dance into the night! Thanks!

P.S.- You ladies seriously rock.

Hello :wave2:

I am having so much fun reading about all the S/D brides on here! It really does seem like a hidden gem of "Disney weddings" I am actually wondering if anyone has information/ pictures of having a catered reception at the S/D ballrooms/reception rooms etc.

I have reached out to JM and S/D catering, and am unfortunately in that initial stage where I am checking my email every five minutes, even though I know darn well I wont hear anything else until this week sometime. I am a Catering and Private Dining Manager with Ruth's Chris Steak House, so I am probably going to shy away from a reception in one of the restaurant locations, since I spend 50+ hours each week in a restaurant. Though I have already seen some fantastic events in S/D restaurants.

If anyone can point me in the direction of my info/pictures on swan dolphin receptions, that would be fantastic! Oddly, I am hoping to find some pics of buffet set ups that they have had. I guess the catering manager in me is super picky about the food set up.

Thanks in advance for any help!:yay:

Having a Disney Dream Wedding should be really memorable! It seems quite pricey though... Is there any discounted price for this? Like if you would like to have a small but not that too pricey wedding and be held here?

Is anyone aware of whether the following are available if you have a wedding at Swan & Dolphin?

A). Mickey & Minnie show up to the reception
B). Disney photography park session. (We want pictures in front of the castle)

These are basically our "deal breakers" with a Disney wedding. I'm just so frustrated with the fact that their prices went up, that I'm not sure what we're going to do now. I'm exploring other options.

So sad. I want to cry. :sad1:

Tiffiny

Hello :wave2:

I am having so much fun reading about all the S/D brides on here! It really does seem like a hidden gem of "Disney weddings" I am actually wondering if anyone has information/ pictures of having a catered reception at the S/D ballrooms/reception rooms etc.

I have reached out to JM and S/D catering, and am unfortunately in that initial stage where I am checking my email every five minutes, even though I know darn well I wont hear anything else until this week sometime. I am a Catering and Private Dining Manager with Ruth's Chris Steak House, so I am probably going to shy away from a reception in one of the restaurant locations, since I spend 50+ hours each week in a restaurant. Though I have already seen some fantastic events in S/D restaurants.

If anyone can point me in the direction of my info/pictures on swan dolphin receptions, that would be fantastic! Oddly, I am hoping to find some pics of buffet set ups that they have had. I guess the catering manager in me is super picky about the food set up.

Thanks in advance for any help!:yay:

I only know of a few brides that have had ballroom receptions. And I don't remember their names or if they have planning journals. if you are not a part of the Swalphin Facebook group you should come join.

Having a Disney Dream Wedding should be really memorable! It seems quite pricey though... Is there any discounted price for this? Like if you would like to have a small but not that too pricey wedding and be held here?

there is no discount for a smaller sized wedding that I am aware of. There are different categories of weddings through Disney and their prices are different based on the size of the wedding.

Is anyone aware of whether the following are available if you have a wedding at Swan & Dolphin?

A). Mickey & Minnie show up to the reception
B). Disney photography park session. (We want pictures in front of the castle)

These are basically our "deal breakers" with a Disney wedding. I'm just so frustrated with the fact that their prices went up, that I'm not sure what we're going to do now. I'm exploring other options.

So sad. I want to cry. :sad1:

Tiffiny

You can get Mickey and Minnie but I am not sure what the pricing is now. That is controlled by Disney and their prices go up too. From my understanding they will only come if you are doing a reception through the swan or at your cake reception post your ceremony I would ask JM what the guidelines are for that.

You can have a disney photo session as a swan bride at every other park except magic kingdom that is reserved for DFTW brides only. You can get castle pictures by taking pictures across the lagoon at the polynesian (though they just started construction) at the contemporary and at the Grand Floridian I think. so there are options.

I have lots of questions....
1--did you have a reception and where?
2--amount of guests?
3--how did you word your save the date cards??
4--budget?
5--any specific recommendations for us newbies?

Thanks lots Shannon!!

OMG I am SOOO sorry I forgot to check here lately I am the worst!!

1. I had a reception type dinner at Biergarten in EPCOT like Faith had mentioned but I couldnt wear my wedding dress
2. I had about 23-25 guests
3. The save the date card just had our names, date, our wedding website and that it was being held at the Swan and Dolphin resort in Walt Disney World and that formal invite would follow. We made them look like little fast passes and they were magnets
4. We spent approximately $5,000 we saved a lot not doing a real reception and we had cake/cider at the wedding site. I can totally break this down more for you for specifics too
5. Ask LOTS of questions, explore all options before booking things, and prioritize whats most important that day. My biggest thing - HAVE FUN PLANNING :banana:

Is anyone aware of whether the following are available if you have a wedding at Swan & Dolphin? A). Mickey & Minnie show up to the reception B). Disney photography park session. (We want pictures in front of the castle) These are basically our "deal breakers" with a Disney wedding. I'm just so frustrated with the fact that their prices went up, that I'm not sure what we're going to do now. I'm exploring other options. So sad. I want to cry. :sad1: Tiffiny

The price for minnie and mickey to show up is 1800 dollars

And for the photo sessions they will not allow at magic kingdom unless you have booked your wedding through Disney fairy tale only at the other parks

Lots of great information. Sounds like a beautiful venue for your special day. Good luck!

I been going back and forth between an escape or wishes wedding due to how many people we would like there. Recently with wishes price increase I have started considering SD wedding. I was wondering if any of you know about having ceremony at SD and a small reception (preferable a brunch, in a private room/venue) at a disney venue and epcot dessert party? I want to know how to go about booking and if that would fall under wishes pricing or would be consider a private event?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter