Swan & Dolphin Weddings FAQ

I LOVE your welcome dinner idea! Is this being catered through the Swan? What does your menu look like?

We got married at Crescent Terrace as well-it's such a beautiful location :goodvibes Our cocktail hour was at the Swan Courtyard.. What kind of musician are you having for your ceremony?

Congrats and happy planning!!!

I just realized that I could have quoted everyone's message lol! Sorry for all of the posts! Anyways, thank you for the well wishes!!

Our welcome dinner is being catered through the Swan. Lindsey Cullen has been amazing to work with. I wanted a really casual welcome dinner to kind of break the ice with the 2 sides of our families and friends. I wanted it to feel as though they have come to our house for a family BBQ. So it's casual wear..flip-flops, shorts, whatever they want. We have a steel drum band and a caricature artist. I thought this would get people mingling and talking. I thought by the next day when we have dinner after the ceremony it would feel like a big family dinner since they all now know each other. Can you tell I'm Italian? I am stressing out about everyone's comfort level and happiness..ugghh! Oh, we are having a violinist for the ceremony. I'm kind of worried about this and I just hope it will be nice and not cheesy!!!

This is our menu:
Salad bar:
Variety of fresh lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, olives, pepperoncinis, walnuts, shredded cheddar and various dressings.
Coleslaw
Potato Salad
Watermelon slices

BBQ Selections:
Hamburgers and veggie burgers
Hot dogs
BBQ Chicken

Served with artisan buns, slices of cheese, tomato, lettuce, onion, pickles, relish, ketchup, mustard, mayo

Baked beans
Creamy mac & cheese
Corn bread and biscuits
Assorted individual desserts:
mini apple pies, cherry tarts, pecan pies, chocolate cake
Lemonade
Coffee
Beer, wine and an interactive mojito station

Thanks everyone!! and in the future I'll hit the multi-post button:)

Everyone's plans sound so great!

I'm thrilled because our date of March 114, 2015 was officially approved and my planner is working on my contract as we speak!

I have also emailed the private dining room coordinator at Il Mulino to get the ball rolling with that!

Everyone's plans sound so great!

I'm thrilled because our date of March 114, 2015 was officially approved and my planner is working on my contract as we speak!

I have also emailed the private dining room coordinator at Il Mulino to get the ball rolling with that!

Thats awesome! My date is February 7th, 2015. I looked into Il Mulino also but my fiance is a steak and potatoes kind of guy. Congratulations!!

I wanted to say sorry to the person who private messaged me. It won't allow me to answer since I don't have 10 posts.

I wanted to say sorry to the person who private messaged me. It won't allow me to answer since I don't have 10 posts.

Hi!
That would've been me. When you're up to 10 you can reply. I just really loved your BBQ welcoming party and wanted a little information.
Thanks!

Hello ladies!

I am new to all this, but we are planning a vow renewal for September 2015 and we are looking at the S/D. My question is, are we able to have a ceremony at the S/D and then have a dinner anywhere on property, except parks, wearing our wedding attire? Like could we have dinner at 1900 Park Fare with my wedding dress on? Would that be weird? There are only going to be between 11-15 of us and it seems like a waste to rent a private room.

Will any restaurant allow us to have our wedding cake there?

Anyone done anything like this before? Not scheduled a "normal" reception and just went to a restaurant and had dinner and cake?

I also thought of having the cake and champagne at the ceremony and then getting pictures done and then going somewhere for dinner and not having the cake there.

I think I am overwhelming myself with what to do. Its the number of people thats throwing me off. If there were more people then I would rent a room and have a private reception, but with it being so few people and 5 of the 11 that I know would come are kids, and 4 of those 5 are our kids! lol

Any help leading me in any sort of direction would be helpful. Thanks guys!

My question is, are we able to have a ceremony at the S/D and then have a dinner anywhere on property, except parks, wearing our wedding attire? Like could we have dinner at 1900 Park Fare with my wedding dress on?

Yes!

Would that be weird?

Nope!

Yes, but they can't take it into the kitchen for you if you're bringing it in yourself (like if you wanted them to cut it back there or keep it for you before the meal). If you want to order a cake and have it delivered to a Disney restaurant, I have all the info here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/

Anyone done anything like this before? Not scheduled a "normal" reception and just went to a restaurant and had dinner and cake?

Lots of couples. :thumbsup2

Hello ladies!

I am new to all this, but we are planning a vow renewal for September 2015 and we are looking at the S/D. My question is, are we able to have a ceremony at the S/D and then have a dinner anywhere on property, except parks, wearing our wedding attire? Like could we have dinner at 1900 Park Fare with my wedding dress on? Would that be weird? There are only going to be between 11-15 of us and it seems like a waste to rent a private room.

I also thought of having the cake and champagne at the ceremony and then getting pictures done and then going somewhere for dinner and not having the cake there.

I think I am overwhelming myself with what to do. Its the number of people thats throwing me off. If there were more people then I would rent a room and have a private reception, but with it being so few people and 5 of the 11 that I know would come are kids, and 4 of those 5 are our kids! lol

Any help leading me in any sort of direction would be helpful. Thanks guys!

We had our VR ceremony at the West Courtyard at the S/D and followed this immediately with a cake and champagne reception at the same site where we did speeches, toasts etc.
After this we travelled to the GF and our guests had drinks in Mizner's bar whilst we had some photos taken around the GF. After this we had dinner in a quiet corner of Citrico's. We had had our floral arrangements transferred to the restaurant by the florist, and my daughter had put out our place cards and favours onto the table before we entered the restaurant. It was amazing, and we were treated like royalty by all the cast members. Just like a reception, but without the need to book a private room.
I admit that we did not have cake at the restaurant - we had cake, champagne, speeches etc before at the Courtyard, as I said, but I am sure it wouldn't have been any problems doing so.
I stayed in my dress the whole time and adored every minute of it xxx

Tinkerbell 766,

Instead of cleaning my house or doing anything productive today, I sat and read just about your entire PJ. When I saw your response I was on the phone with my sis and I yelled, "its like a celebrity answered me!" lol

Thanks Lurky Loo, I hope I can get this planned and not have it be crazy!

:):):)

Tinkerbell 766,

Instead of cleaning my house or doing anything productive today, I sat and read just about your entire PJ. When I saw your response I was on the phone with my sis and I yelled, "its like a celebrity answered me!" lol

Thanks Lurky Loo, I hope I can get this planned and not have it be crazy!

:):):)

Celebrity, really? I wish!!!:rotfl:
Thank you for reading my PJ/TR - I didn't think anybody read it these days - you made my day xxxx

Thats awesome! My date is February 7th, 2015. I looked into Il Mulino also but my fiance is a steak and potatoes kind of guy. Congratulations!!

I just wanted share that Il Mulino has one of the BEST steaks df and I have ever had!!! I think your steak and potato fiance would be very happy! :goodvibes

I just realized that I could have quoted everyone's message lol! Sorry for all of the posts! Anyways, thank you for the well wishes!!

Our welcome dinner is being catered through the Swan. Lindsey Cullen has been amazing to work with. I wanted a really casual welcome dinner to kind of break the ice with the 2 sides of our families and friends. I wanted it to feel as though they have come to our house for a family BBQ. So it's casual wear..flip-flops, shorts, whatever they want. We have a steel drum band and a caricature artist. I thought this would get people mingling and talking. I thought by the next day when we have dinner after the ceremony it would feel like a big family dinner since they all now know each other. Can you tell I'm Italian? I am stressing out about everyone's comfort level and happiness..ugghh! Oh, we are having a violinist for the ceremony. I'm kind of worried about this and I just hope it will be nice and not cheesy!!!

This is our menu:
Salad bar:
Variety of fresh lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, olives, pepperoncinis, walnuts, shredded cheddar and various dressings.
Coleslaw
Potato Salad
Watermelon slices

BBQ Selections:
Hamburgers and veggie burgers
Hot dogs
BBQ Chicken

Served with artisan buns, slices of cheese, tomato, lettuce, onion, pickles, relish, ketchup, mustard, mayo

Baked beans
Creamy mac & cheese
Corn bread and biscuits
Assorted individual desserts:
mini apple pies, cherry tarts, pecan pies, chocolate cake
Lemonade
Coffee
Beer, wine and an interactive mojito station

Thanks everyone!! and in the future I'll hit the multi-post button:)

I love this!! :goodvibes Just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing the price breakdown?

Also, are they actually grilling the meats or are they steaming the hot dogs ahead of time, etc..?

aristocatz said:
I love this!! :goodvibes Just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing the price breakdown?

Also, are they actually grilling the meats or are they steaming the hot dogs ahead of time, etc..?

I'm not the original poster but Lindsay at the swan said it runs approximately $3500.00

I don't mind sharing at all! This is based on a 3 hr. event.
I was quoted a price of $49 per person for the buffet. It is $35 per person for the beer, wine, soda and water. It is $10 per person for the interactive mojito bar. There is also a fee for electricity which is $94. Then there is tax and a 24% gratuity added on. It comes out to just under $5,000. The food will be grilled.

I know it seems like a lot of money for a welcome dinner. I wasn't going to have a big wedding at all. When I was 33 I was diagnosed with stage 3 inflammatory breast cancer. I went through all of the treatments and beat it!

My df and I dated when I was 15 and he was 16. My parents moved my family when I was 16. We lost touch with each other through the years but found each other again when I was 35. Now I'm going to be 38 and I found out in the beginning of February that I have metastatic breast cancer to my lung. I'm not trying to be a downer or anything! This is why we decided to do something special. We really want to celebrate our lives together. We don't have any children and neither of us have ever been married. We want to do one of the "big" things in this lifetime:cool1:

I'm not the original poster but Lindsay at the swan said it runs approximately $3500.00
The $3,500 is the minimum for the beach. I am also doing a cocktail hour for my wedding day through swan catering so she made the minimum for both $4,000.

Does anyone know if we are able to ship our favors to the hotel ahead of time? If you have done this, did it work out well?

I don't mind sharing at all! This is based on a 3 hr. event.
I was quoted a price of $49 per person for the buffet. It is $35 per person for the beer, wine, soda and water. It is $10 per person for the interactive mojito bar. There is also a fee for electricity which is $94. Then there is tax and a 24% gratuity added on. It comes out to just under $5,000. The food will be grilled.

I know it seems like a lot of money for a welcome dinner. I wasn't going to have a big wedding at all. When I was 33 I was diagnosed with stage 3 inflammatory breast cancer. I went through all of the treatments and beat it!

My df and I dated when I was 15 and he was 16. My parents moved my family when I was 16. We lost touch with each other through the years but found each other again when I was 35. Now I'm going to be 38 and I found out in the beginning of February that I have metastatic breast cancer to my lung. I'm not trying to be a downer or anything! This is why we decided to do something special. We really want to celebrate our lives together. We don't have any children and neither of us have ever been married. We want to do one of the "big" things in this lifetime:cool1:

No need to have to justify anything! It is your day and it should be as perfect as you dream it to be! I think your welcome dinner sounds fantastic & I look forward to reading more of your planning :) I love that they are actually grilling the meats instead of calling it a BBQ and boiling and baking the meats ahead of time. I hope to book something very similar when my DH and I have our Vow Renewal someday.

Does anyone know if we are able to ship our favors to the hotel ahead of time? If you have done this, did it work out well?

I think you can send a package to yourself care of your hotel, depending on where you're staying. We shipped ours down to a local friend (one of the best men) who brought them to us when he came in for the wedding.

Hello,
I feel like I keep asking silly questions, but I need to ask questions to clarify what I want from our wedding.

My fiancé and I were hoping to have a brunch wedding, however I'm still a little unsure about it. Here's what I'm thinking, please let me know if any of it is possible and how much it might cost us?

We'd like to have a ceremony at S&D with our own officiant and approximately 50 guests (our wedding isn't until Oct 2015 so exact numbers aren't known). Directly after the ceremony we'd like to offer breakfast foods and drinks and mimosa for a cocktail hour.

Then we intend on going our own way for a few hours until dinner...here we will have a dinner with all of our guests, ideally someplace where we can dance and have a reception...centerpieces, favours, speeches, first dances.

I'm not sure whether to do this in a ballroom or a restaurant and then just go to a bar (Jellyrolls) afterwards, or even have a dessert party.

I just know that I want us to be able to have our first dance and do some DIY decor. :)

We aren't super wealthy so we're trying to think of the best pricing too. I don't know if it would be easier for us to book through DFTW?! HELP!

:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter