* Swan/Dolphin Food and Wine Festival Advice & Information

DisneyaHolic23

DIS Veteran
I have attended the Epcot Food & Wine Festival multiple times. I just found out about the Swan/Dolphin Food & Wine Festival, and it happens to be when we are visiting. Can anyone explain the event? I looked at the website, and looked at various events, but the explanations are pretty minimal. I am not sure what we MUST do, how the whole thing works, and what each event ticket includes.

I welcome any advice - is the event worth it? What are MUST Do events? What should we avoid?

Thank you for any information!!!!

Thank you for the link. I read that before posting - it gives some good info, but I still don't have a picture of what is included, and what is really worthwhile. I probably should have posted my questions there... It sounds like it is a mini Food & Wine, with booths from the kitchens of the Swan/Dolphin restaurants - is that right? Are lines crazy long? If one buys the Causeway ticket, what is included? And, do the lines keep the Causeway ticket from being a good deal? What else should we do? And what is that Grand Tasting Event?

So there are a bunch of stations (not really themed like the F&W booths - tents with cooking area and tables with tablecloths - understandable since only a 2 night event). These are placed across the causeway between the two hotels (weather permitting - in case of rain it moves to their convention space and is not as fun in my opinion in terms of atmosphere) and going back toward the big pool. There is also live music and colored spotlights on the palm trees doing a little light show. Very much a party atmosphere. You can either have individual tickets to exchange for food or drink or have the all inclusive option. Some stations have longer lines than others - the line at Shula's for steak is always long but it moves well. A bunch of standing tables around - some tables with chairs -- I went several years ago and it seemed like people staked a claim for those and held them all night by leaving some personal belongings on the chairs. In my experience the wine pours are pretty tiny (with the causeway ticket you get a plastic wine glass to be refilled at each station) -- but you're free to go back as many times as you like -- and perhaps if you chat with the wine rep they provide a bigger pour. It makes sense that they wouldn't want to pour a full glass if for some reason you didn't love it. FAR more wine stations than food stations ... but the food is very good. In my opinion more of an adult atmosphere but I have seen kids there. No dress code but you'll see the full range from park attire to people who are more dressy.

Here's a review from last year that may give you a better idea of the event:

http://allears.net/2018/10/29/recap...world-swan-and-dolphin-food-and-wine-classic/

So there are a bunch of stations (not really themed like the F&W booths - tents with cooking area and tables with tablecloths - understandable since only a 2 night event). These are placed across the causeway between the two hotels (weather permitting - in case of rain it moves to their convention space and is not as fun in my opinion in terms of atmosphere) and going back toward the big pool. There is also live music and colored spotlights on the palm trees doing a little light show. Very much a party atmosphere. You can either have individual tickets to exchange for food or drink or have the all inclusive option. Some stations have longer lines than others - the line at Shula's for steak is always long but it moves well. A bunch of standing tables around - some tables with chairs -- I went several years ago and it seemed like people staked a claim for those and held them all night by leaving some personal belongings on the chairs. In my experience the wine pours are pretty tiny (with the causeway ticket you get a plastic wine glass to be refilled at each station) -- but you're free to go back as many times as you like -- and perhaps if you chat with the wine rep they provide a bigger pour. It makes sense that they wouldn't want to pour a full glass if for some reason you didn't love it. FAR more wine stations than food stations ... but the food is very good. In my opinion more of an adult atmosphere but I have seen kids there. No dress code but you'll see the full range from park attire to people who are more dressy.

Here's a review from last year that may give you a better idea of the event:

http://allears.net/2018/10/29/recap...world-swan-and-dolphin-food-and-wine-classic/

Thank you so much - this is such a helpful explanation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter