SW schedule from BWI

katallo

DIS Veteran
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this. We have used SW for years from BWI. We have two trips coming up and have noticed a pattern with many flights (especially weekend). The only reasonable fares are in the evening. So, we would have to miss a day of vacation or fly the night prior and pay for an extra night. Even the dreaded 6:15am flights are high. For one trip, we booked with Jet Blue but we were hoping to use SW for the second one. To fly in the morning it would cost us over $300.00 each. The second trip is for a group of 6 but we might be doing Jet Blue again.

Living near BWI I've noticed it as well. Our daughter flies from Rhode Island to BWI and she's been flying later the last year or so.

We are fortunate to live pretty much evening between BWI & PHL - if feasible for you, have you checked the SW flights out of PHL or even out of Regan? Sometimes we have better luck leaving out of PHL, although we do prefer going out of BWI (not vacation till we see the crab ha ha!!)

When it's the two of us we definitely price various airports. We recently got a very good rate from Jet Blue. First time flying JB so hopefully it will be ok. But, with a group of 6 (and all rapid rewards members who live close to BWI) it will take some convincing. I have to admit one couple said they would consider a different airline because of the the high cost and poor timing with SW. We will figure it out. It just does make sense to offer all lower fares in the evening.

We like the crab too:)

Same thing with flights from STL. Also it seems that nonstop flights are no longer cheaper than the multi stop flights.

Exactly why we fly out of Reagan. The prices out of BWI have gotten too expensive.

It's typical practice for airlines to give early morning and late evening flights the lowest prices.

That's true except BWI to MCO has very few early mornings at low prices. The majority are now evenings.

We used airline points out of BWI, but for the first time ever, we were unable get non-stop flights. It would have cost us hundreds more. We do have morning departures, but no non-stops. We have to change planes on one of the flights, but not the other.

Agree- I can fly BWI or Philly and BWI used to be more affordable with more choices but not as much anymore. Now I am looking at jet blue from BWI as well as adding in AA out of Philly for non stops.

Right now I am looking at parking costs as well as the cost of an extra night and pricing out all our options.

Have you checked flying out of Dulles its not that far from BWI depending on where you are coming from. They sometimes have much cheaper SW flights to MCO but not as many choices for time. They do have a very early one most days though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter