SW:GE opening guess Dec 4 - DVC related

Well, if they have taken the value inventory offline for member booking due to planned refurbishments, then why are they offering the same rooms up for rent through CRO? If they are truly going to be down for refurbishment, why should they be booked AT ALL??

I call BS on this one...

So far the only bookings we have seen started 12/1-7 which started before the rooms got taken out of inventory. Someone else posted Disney could have kept them up and come check-in day have upgrade them to another room since they are taken out of inventory.

So far the only bookings we have seen started 12/1-7 which started before the rooms got taken out of inventory. Someone else posted Disney could have kept them up and come check-in day have upgrade them to another room since they are taken out of inventory.

Actually I posted a cash reservation available for a Value Studio for Dec 10-16. Whether or not they were planning to upgrade someone I don't know but that was at least a week after the date that Value inventory was pulled.

Actually I posted a cash reservation available for a Value Studio for Dec 10-16. Whether or not they were planning to upgrade someone I don't know but that was at least a week after the date that Value inventory was pulled.
I saw your pic re posted on another thread (now closed). I will admit at the time it upset me. Disney may have thought through what they're doing and made sure it is not breaking any rules, but they sure aren't doing themselves any favors by not being transparent in regards to what is up with those rooms. Too much guessing has been going on, and most of the time it goes against them.

Exactly...if they are “blocking” members from booking from “early December through mid-February” due to a hard goods refurbishment, then CRO should not be booking these rooms either.

I was really surprised when he told me this. We just stayed in a value studio a few months ago and I thought it was in decent shape.

I agree! Why just the value rooms?! And when they just did the soft goods refurb?!?!
Does it mean that they'll throw out all the carved African furniture?!?!
And make it look like the Hampton Inn?!
This is quite upsetting!!!

I agree! Why just the value rooms?! And when they just did the soft goods refurb?!?!
Does it mean that they'll throw out all the carved African furniture?!?!
And make it look like the Hampton Inn?!
This is quite upsetting!!!
Don't get upset. They just updated all that furniture within the last couple of years, I doubt they're touching it. Again, this has to be all a huge miscommunication on MS' part to us. The hotel side is being upgraded, but our rooms are not due for any work.

Don't get upset. They just updated all that furniture within the last couple of years, I doubt they're touching it. Again, this has to be all a huge miscommunication on MS' part to us. The hotel side is being upgraded, but our rooms are not due for any work.

The furniture is still original at AKV. What it got was a soft goods refurb so paint, carpet, bedding, window coverings etc. I frankly am also concerned that they will feel some stupid need to replace it in a refurb so it looks more “modern”. It sounds like that may be the plan on the hotel side. I wonder if any test room pictures have shown up from there yet?

The 1bd value we were in over NYE needed desperate help. HK had to contact “engineering” just to get the sofa bed open. HK knew exactly what was wrong with it, seemed a routine problem.

The furniture is still original at AKV. What it got was a soft goods refurb so paint, carpet, bedding, window coverings etc. I frankly am also concerned that they will feel some stupid need to replace it in a refurb so it looks more “modern”. It sounds like that may be the plan on the hotel side. I wonder if any test room pictures have shown up from there yet?

I haven't seen any, and I have been looking. Only one report that I have seen of someone saying they having already started on the hotel rooms, although that could be a test room or rooms.

Looked updated to me: The three different rooms we had in December all had USB ports in the night stands and desks, including the main bureau which now houses the larger flat screen tvs.

I am copying this from my other post on a different thread:
Joy from Member Relations (I think that's the group name she mentioned) just called me back this morning. She said that they appreciated my email and have been looking into this. She said that the value rooms were pulled for maintenance on the rooms themselves, not because of the resort refurbishment, and at this time they didn't have any information regarding any other villas being pulled at AKV. She did not know the scope of the maintenance. She also told me that they had added an alert on the website, but when I checked earlier I could not find it but I may just not be all that proficient with the DVC website since I don't use it too often. I made it clear that I wasn't happy that there wasn't information given earlier, people should at least have been notified so that they could make a more informed waitlist choice instead of possibly wasting a waitlist on these rooms if they aren't returned.

I got what I wanted out of the email which was just to let them know that this issue was noticed and is concerning for owners when there is no communication from DVC.

So no the rumor blogs are posting this as true. I wonder if it was just taken from these boards since no DVC member has a real confirmation (just CMs on phone or email) that this is the case.

http://blogmickey.com/2019/02/more-...r-this-year-to-disneys-animal-kingdom-villas/
Well that’s garbage. Any renovation to the value studios would come from dues and there’s a formal “hard goods”, “soft goods” timetable for that, one that would coincide with all of the DVC component.

I could be made to believe that the rooms are being blocked in conjunction with work being done on adjacent non-DVC rooms.

But. There is no scheduled DVC renovation at AKV during this time. It’s simply not due yet, and this btw, IS one of the things they announce at the annual meeting: resorts due for their hard goods renovation.

Well that’s garbage. Any renovation to the value studios would come from dues and there’s a formal “hard goods”, “soft goods” timetable for that, one that would coincide with all of the DVC component.

I could be made to believe that the rooms are being blocked in conjunction with work being done on adjacent non-DVC rooms.

But. There is no scheduled DVC renovation at AKV during this time. It’s simply not due yet, and this btw, IS one of the things they announce at the annual meeting: resorts due for their hard goods renovation.
I already stated to the mod that posted this in the News thread that this is not News and has been unconfirmed to owners (who should be the first to be made aware). https://www.disboards.com/threads/news-round-up-2019.3726636/page-184#post-60293137

Ok, so those of us who have a waitlist for AKJ value studios should release it as not to ‘waste it’?

Ok, so those of us who have a waitlist for AKJ value studios should release it as not to ‘waste it’?

If it were me I would hold onto it until you have a little more info, especially if it is close to the start or end of the dates they have pulled. You never know...

If it were me I would hold onto it until you have a little more info, especially if it is close to the start or end of the dates they have pulled. You never know...

12/1 thru 12/6, pretty much ground zero as I understand it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter