SW Email - Flight update—the middle seats may be occupied.

cruisin5

DIS Veteran
I just received an email with the above subject. Is this a standard email sent out 3 days before travel? I know they are not blocking middle seats.

I few on SW last month to Vegas and got the same email. Both ways the plane was 100% plane was full with every seat taken. I was given a opportunity to change flight but I knew all the flight would be full.

I'm coming to the realization I won't have a row to myself like I envisioned. Better that I expect it to be full than empty!

They send it out when they know that they're booked at a level where some middle seats will have to be filled. They offer you the opportunity to change your flight to one where middle seats could be empty.

I just flew southwest last week. I got that same email about my first leg to Baltimore. The plane was full except for 25 seats. I ended up in a full row. With that being said everyone wore masks unless they were eating or drinking. The flight attendants were pretty good at asking those who took their mask off to put it back on or if they pulled it below their nose to pull it back up. I diddnt feel any more unsafe than if I went to Walmart or the grocery store. The airports themselves were a different story. The bathrooms at Baltimore were pretty disgusting and there was nobody cleaning tables between guests at the food court. People were spaced out sitting at the gate waiting for the plane and they only
Loaded 10 people at a time so there was no crowding where you line up or in the jetway.

They send it out when they know that they're booked at a level where some middle seats will have to be filled. They offer you the opportunity to change your flight to one where middle seats could be empty.
Yes, this is what I was going to say. I think it only gets sent out once a certain number is hit. We flew in Jan and didn't get the email- flight had LOTS of empty seats. For our flights last week to/from Disney we got the email and there were only 10 empty seats on first flight and 20 on second.

A friend flew SW from PHX to SAN yesterday morning as he has the past few weeks due to his job. He said normally they have been boarding in groups of 10. Yesterday that changed and they were boarding in groups of 30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter