• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sushi lovers?

virtualstapler

Earning My Ears
Going to be staying at the Aulani the last week of April with young children and in-laws. My in-laws are from Korea and are excited to try the sushi from Hawaii. REALLY excited. The problem is... kids. Any suggestions for a really, really great sushi restaurant where kids would be welcome (I just need some tankatsu or ramen or anything cooked really that the kids could eat while the adults enjoyed sushi)?

Willing to drive to Honolulu for the good stuff. Or anything in between the hotel and Honolulu would be good too.

Help! :)

P.S.
Is the sushi at the hotel restaurant very good?

We love Sushi Bay in Kapolei but it is not high end by any means. Just fresh and good. They have a conveyer belt system so it kind of keeps the little ones occupied. Be prepared to wait though.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/sushi-bay-kapolei

I have not tried it but I have read on this forum that the sushi place across from Aulani is VERY good but it is more expensive and kind of a fancier place, it is called Sushi Yuzu. I am sure they welcome children however as most of the customers are walking over from the resorts

http://sushiyuzuhi.com/

so funny on list of places to try when doing North Shore. Glad to hear it was good.

I wouldn't assume kids won't want sushi! My son (born in Hawaii) loves it. My daughter doesn't like fish, so she often gets egg sushi though. I'd let them try it!

I also agree with the others about Sushi Bay in Kapolei! It's inexpensive, huge portions, and very good. We average 5 trips there over a two week period, at the very least.

I live on Oahu and Sushi Bay has been my favorite sushi yet! The line can be a bit long but it's worth the wait.

Forgot to add: my husband is Korean, and we took my Father in law and his wife there 2 years ago on our way back from Korea (to Sushi Bay). They enjoyed it, but they're older and we were all tired! They mostly enjoyed the resort (Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club), where we used our timeshare points and got them a studio. It was at the end of a busy couple weeks in Seoul.

For Koreans, it's hard to compare Hawaiian Korean food. The kim chee is totally different, but very good. The barbecue is a bit different. My mother in law took some getting used to it when she would visit us. Best Korean is always the hole in the wall type place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter