• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Survivor Winners at War Season 40

I’m rooting for Tyson (unless Rob gets back in). He’s playing chess while the other clowns are playing checkers. None of the others are thinking past their next move or Tyson would have been voted out. Voting out the lame players is just the easy route. I’d love to see Tyson and Rob in the final two. Chance are slim and none but it would definitely be epic.

I’m rooting for Tyson (unless Rob gets back in). He’s playing chess while the other clowns are playing checkers. None of the others are thinking past their next move or Tyson would have been voted out. Voting out the lame players is just the easy route. I’d love to see Tyson and Rob in the final two. Chance are slim and none but it would definitely be epic.
I'm with you!

I'm fairly new to Survivor since I started watching about 4 or 5 seasons ago. So now I'd like to go back and watch some of the older ones--any suggestions?

I'm fairly new to Survivor since I started watching about 4 or 5 seasons ago. So now I'd like to go back and watch some of the older ones--any suggestions?
I'd probably start from the beginning, but skip the following seasons:
- Thailand (Brian innovates having multiple alliances of 2 within the larger alliance, but nothing earth shattering)
- Vanuatu (By the books season, Eliza is fun but you'll see her in later seasons)
- Palau (notable for Stephanie LaGrossa and not having a merge due to a tribe being so bad that it was simply dissolved)
- Gabon (some notable players that you'll see on other seasons but nothing that really jumps out at you)
- One World (might want to see it to get perspective on how good Kim was, but it was largely an unimpressive group of players)
- Blood vs Water (It was "Fans vs Favourites" if the fans were relatives/SOs that went "ok sure, I'll go on the show to give you a chance of winning a million dollars". Also there was too much Rupert)
- World's Apart (Not particularly memorable. Mike had the fortune of going on an immunity run and being up against two of the more unlikable players on the merge tribe)
- Millenials vs Gen X (This might be because I was largely unimpressed with Adam's game. Seemed to make a lot of mistakes and failed upward to victory)
- Ghost Island (There were 18 other contestants besides Wendell and Domenick, but you might not realize it watching the show)

You've watched the last 3, but to complete my thoughts:
- Edge of Extinction (Played out like Redemption Island with only the 2 play-in challenges to look forward to)
- Island of the Idols (From a gameplay basis only. The Real Life stuff that happened and the fallout from that is obviously rather important)

I watched first few seasons and then took a break to raise babies. And then stumbled upon season 32 or one close to it. Got hooked again. So I also binged and asked on a Survivor forum which ones are best to watch. I will go look at that now and see what they told me....

I’d watch as many of them as you can find. No season is a total stinker.
- Thailand (Brian innovates having multiple alliances of 2 within the larger alliance, but nothing earth shattering)
- Vanuatu (By the books season, Eliza is fun but you'll see her in later seasons)
- Palau (notable for Stephanie LaGrossa and not having a merge due to a tribe being so bad that it was simply dissolved)
- Gabon (some notable players that you'll see on other seasons but nothing that really jumps out at you)
- One World (might want to see it to get perspective on how good Kim was, but it was largely an unimpressive group of players)
- Blood vs Water (It was "Fans vs Favourites" if the fans were relatives/SOs that went "ok sure, I'll go on the show to give you a chance of winning a million dollars". Also there was too much Rupert)
- World's Apart (Not particularly memorable. Mike had the fortune of going on an immunity run and being up against two of the more unlikable players on the merge tribe)
- Millenials vs Gen X (This might be because I was largely unimpressed with Adam's game. Seemed to make a lot of mistakes and failed upward to victory)
- Ghost Island (There were 18 other contestants besides Wendell and Domenick, but you might not realize it watching the show)

- Edge of Extinction (Played out like Redemption Island with only the 2 play-in challenges to look forward to)
- Island of the Idols (From a gameplay basis only. The Real Life stuff that happened and the fallout from that is obviously rather important)
I watched first few seasons and then took a break to raise babies. And then stumbled upon season 32 or one close to it. Got hooked again. So I also binged and asked on a Survivor forum which ones are best to watch. I will go look at that now and see what they told me....
Thank you all!!! This is exactly what I'm looking for!

These are what was recommended to me as well.

@daemom

Season 16- Micronesia that Parvati won was a good one for various reasons...kinda a must see. Eliza and Jason's stick and Erik's big gaffe.

Season that hooked me back in was 31- Cambodia and that was good. And Jeremy's win. (actually might have been 30 that hooked me back but 31 was good and then 32 STUNK to high heaven).

Season 32 that Michelle won was one of the most terrible (last season, 39, beat it but I'd say it's #2).

I also went back and watched Jon Cochran's seasons (he was in 23 and 26) just to see what he was all about since he was heralded as one of the greats. And he WAS good. Enjoyed watching him. Season 23- South Pacific was the Sophie win so also maybe a good one to watch.

Last edited:
@daemom

Also season 7- Pearl Islands is a good watch due to the infamous Jonny Fairplay. And you can see the famous Rupert. And a Sandra win.

And season 31, Jeremy's win, is a good watch due to many interesting cast. Fishback, Chaos Kass and my very very fave hottie...Joe. Some others are interesting like Shirin and Spencer and Woo. Speaking of Shirin...in season 30 she is bat poop crazy and goes bottomless.

And let me find the Brandon Hantz gets the boot season. Very interesting and scary season...26- Caramoan. Cochran won and Malcolm is in this one (he's my #2 hottie). And it has Phillip (and Fransesqua...lol). Philip and Rob, in season 22 which was Rob's win...another good watch for the Philip cray cray and Rob's use of that.

7, 16, 22, 23, 26, 30, 31....I am sure there are more must watches.

Last edited:
1, 2, and 3, for sure. After that, I highly recommend Amazon (season 6), Pearl Islands (season 7), All Stars (season 8), and Redemption Island, (season 22.) Lots of other good ones, but I think those are the standouts.

@daemom

I also went back and watched Jon Cochran's seasons (he was in 23 and 26) just to see what he was all about since he was heralded as one of the greats. And he WAS good. Enjoyed watching him. Season 23- South Pacific was the Sophie win so also maybe a good one to watch.

I love Jon Cochran!! One of my favorite players!!

Looking forward to Wed.! Really enjoying this season!

1, 2, and 3, for sure. After that, I highly recommend Amazon (season 6), Pearl Islands (season 7), All Stars (season 8), and Redemption Island, (season 22.) Lots of other good ones, but I think those are the standouts.

I was going to suggest Seasons 6,7,8. I wanted to rewatch Season 6 forever because of Rob Cesternino. He was one of the first really strategic players and now hosts Survivor Podcasts. After 6, Season 7 loaded with Rupert and Sandra bartering in the village. Then the All Star season. Those 3 are a great trio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter