SURVIVOR 35 • Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers - "Come on in, guys!"

I am so upset that Lauren got voted out. I really liked her, I enjoyed watching her slim down and her sister is hysterical! If anyone deserved to win it was her, being a single mother she could have really used the money. I hope this helps her get some kind of career going where she can provide for her daughter without having to go out on a fishing boat.

Ben needs to go..then Ashley and Dylan can get rid of Chrissy and Ryan. (he is such a bad actor, such fake crying about his dad being there. UGH)

That's an odd thing to say. Commercial fishermen are a tough breed. It's not a job you take because it's there, it's a job you do because you want to. It's in you. I'm sure she could easily find another job if she ever wanted too.

I was bummed to see her go. She was growing on me. There is no one really left. Maybe Ryan, only because he seems like the underdog to me compared to the others physically. If I recall from past years, there's still some pretty brutal challenges coming up.

I can not figure Lauren out. It showed very little strategy to leave the extra vote thing behind at camp. Why do that? And give half her idol to Mike who had very little allegiance to her. Use of either one would have kept her in the game.

The mouth kiss by Devin and his mom was yuck. Everyone was repulsed last year by a parent-child mouth kiss so I am surprised to not hear more about this.

Can someone tell me what is going on with Mike’s yellow shirt? The top part, except the seams, seems to have turned a dark, nasty looking color. It looks like it has absorbed a lot of sweat and body odor. Maybe it is made out of some fabric that discolors.

I'm wondering if the shell that Lauren gave Mike is really the shell that goes with the necklace. We never really got a close up of the shell. She could have gotten another off the beach and used that to give to Mike. Would seem like something that would happen on Survivor. Was sorry to see her go. Don't know what happened at tribal to make everyone vote for Ben. Ben reminds me of Russell always blowing up everyone's game. They haven't given Ashley much tv time and I'm hoping she isn't there at the end as from what they've shown she hasn't done much.

Her reaction to him tossing it makes me believe it was the real deal.

That's an odd thing to say. Commercial fishermen are a tough breed. It's not a job you take because it's there, it's a job you do because you want to. It's in you. I'm sure she could easily find another job if she ever wanted too.

I was bummed to see her go. She was growing on me. There is no one really left. Maybe Ryan, only because he seems like the underdog to me compared to the others physically. If I recall from past years, there's still some pretty brutal challenges coming up.

Being a commercial fisherman is a tough job and yes you have to love it. But it is an extremely tough career for a single parent. Long days, and depending on what kind of boat she was on, she may be gone for days at a time.

I'm wondering if the shell that Lauren gave Mike is really the shell that goes with the necklace. We never really got a close up of the shell. She could have gotten another off the beach and used that to give to Mike. Would seem like something that would happen on Survivor. Was sorry to see her go. Don't know what happened at tribal to make everyone vote for Ben. Ben reminds me of Russell always blowing up everyone's game. They haven't given Ashley much tv time and I'm hoping she isn't there at the end as from what they've shown she hasn't done much.

No, she said in her interview at the end that it was a "dumb dumb" move to give Mike that half of the idol.

I can not figure Lauren out. It showed very little strategy to leave the extra vote thing behind at camp. Why do that? And give half her idol to Mike who had very little allegiance to her. Use of either one would have kept her in the game.

I cannot figure this out either. Very poor moves on her part.

The mouth kiss by Devin and his mom was yuck. Everyone was repulsed last year by a parent-child mouth kiss so I am surprised to not hear more about this.

I didn't think so. I thought they had such a sweet reunion. Her saying that anyone getting to spend time with him was lucky was so sweet. And him telling her she looked beautiful. It made me like him even more. I'd like to see him win.

Just watched her Ponderosa and she goes crabbing while there and talks about how much she loves it. It's like her pacifier.

Wow! I have been working crazy and missed the last two weeks' episodes, so I watched episodes 9 and 10/11 before last night's show. It blows my mind some of the things people say and do that they expect not to affect them down the road. I agree with those of you who said there are so many players this season playing with their emotions and not strategically. To me Devin is a real mastermind coming up with the plan from last week. What's hard to watch is that sometimes you really don't like a player as a person, but then you have to admit they are playing a really good game, like Ben or Joe. As rude as Joe was being, you have to distinguish between how he is acting in the game and how me might react in real life. Chrissy on the other hand- I think she really is that arrogant and smug in real life. When she commented to her husband after the challenge about spending more time with the family my DH said "I guess she's saying she's a bad wife and mother?" I work next Wed. night so I'll have to play catch up again...ugh!

I think that If your mom always kissed you on the mouth, then you think it's perfectly innocent. If your mom was a cheek kisser, then mouth kissing moms are gross (they are).

This season has been weird. I can't pick a winner. If I think I might have a read on who the good players are, they'll go home in fairly short order. I'm going to go ahead and put the (not mouth) kiss of death on Devon and say he looks like he has strongest chance to win this thing right now.

Can someone tell me what is going on with Mike’s yellow shirt? The top part, except the seams, seems to have turned a dark, nasty looking color. It looks like it has absorbed a lot of sweat and body odor. Maybe it is made out of some fabric that discolors.
I saw a photo of him at home in his yellow shirt saying he should do an ad for Tide.

Lauren had begun to grow on me until last night's episode. She seemed a little too cocky which is what ended up sending her home even if it was by just one vote.

Everyone knows that the players want to flush out the idols. So, why on God's green Earth would you want to tell someone you have an idol? I know that the players say it's because they want to gain the trust of others by telling them they have an idol. But, it always seems to be their downfall. People don't seem to know how to keep their mouths shut.

Now, Ben, he was smart. He didn't tell anyone that he had an idol and played it last night which saved his behind. I started out liking him. Then, after an episode or two, I wasn't sure that I liked him anymore. After last night's move, you gotta have a little respect for his game play in keeping the fact that he had an idol to himself and actually playing it when he knew he had to. Not saying that I am back to being on the "Ben should win" side but still.....

Lauren had begun to grow on me until last night's episode. She seemed a little too cocky which is what ended up sending her home even if it was by just one vote.

Everyone knows that the players want to flush out the idols. So, why on God's green Earth would you want to tell someone you have an idol? I know that the players say it's because they want to gain the trust of others by telling them they have an idol. But, it always seems to be their downfall. People don't seem to know how to keep their mouths shut.

Now, Ben, he was smart. He didn't tell anyone that he had an idol and played it last night which saved his behind. I started out liking him. Then, after an episode or two, I wasn't sure that I liked him anymore. After last night's move, you gotta have a little respect for his game play in keeping the fact that he had an idol to himself and actually playing it when he knew he had to. Not saying that I am back to being on the "Ben should win" side but still.....

Couldn’t have said it better!

I am so upset that Lauren got voted out. I really liked her, I enjoyed watching her slim down and her sister is hysterical! If anyone deserved to win it was her, being a single mother she could have really used the money. I hope this helps her get some kind of career going where she can provide for her daughter without having to go out on a fishing boat.

Ben needs to go..then Ashley and Dylan can get rid of Chrissy and Ryan. (he is such a bad actor, such fake crying about his dad being there. UGH)

I don't think being a single mother and working in the fishing industry makes her any more deserving than anyone else. I've know some pretty wealthy fishermen and the deserving winners are the people that play the game the best. She was doing good until last night but overall I think Ben and Devin have played the best.

Ben had made some very good moves but I don't thin he's playing the best overall. The most important thing to remember is that you have to get people to vote for you at the end. And he was walking a dangerous line playing both sides and I think he screwed it up. Now everyone is mad at him, and this seems like an emotional bunch. If the vote for the winner is "who played best" he might win, but some juries end up being bitter and vote for who they like best, and this seems like it may be one of those juries.

Personally I think Lauren was the Mastermind with Devon and Ashley hanging on her coattails. Yes, Devon had a great idea to add to the team's gameplay (Ashley not so much) and yes, Lauren made a fatal error last night (which got her gone)....they all have made errors and they all have been somewhat playing a strategic game but Lauren was top, IMO. I think of the remaining, before the TC last night, Lauren Ben and Chrissy have been the best players. And why do folks seem so bent about Chrissy and Ben's smugness but they love Devon and overlook his extreme smugness? I don't see where Chrissy has been so smug lately. All of them, when they are on top, have been super smug....except Lauren and that's why I liked her best.

Last edited:
Personally I think Lauren was the Mastermind with Devon and Ashley hanging on her coattails. Yes, Devon had a great idea to add to the team's gameplay (Ashley not so much) and yes, Lauren made a fatal error last night (which got her gone)....they all have made errors and they all have been somewhat playing a strategic game but Lauren was top, IMO. I think of the remaining, before the TC last night, Lauren Ben and Chrissy are the best players. And why do folks seem so bent about Chrissy and Ben's smugness but they love Devon and overlook his extreme smugness. I don't see where Chrissy has been so smug lately. All of them, when they are on top, have been super smug....except Lauren and that's why I liked her best.

I don't like it when ANY player thinks they are the smartest of them all and have those smug looks on their face. In the game of Survivor you are never safe from being voted out unless you have that immunity necklace around your neck and even then, it's only for that particular vote. To me, there's no room for smugness or over confidence in this game. I don't dislike any of the players at this point but I also don't have a favorite either.

Why did Dr. Mike throw that shell into the fire. he said he waited 15 years to do that. Does he think an Idol is an unfair advantage? If so, why didn't he throw his in last week instead of playing it. I lost all respect for him, what a jerk. Hope they vote him out next. Ben-he is playing the game of Survivor and everyone hates to be reminded of that fact, so they all hate him now. Jeff's comment in the end, "keep the idol a secret".

Ben had made some very good moves but I don't thin he's playing the best overall. The most important thing to remember is that you have to get people to vote for you at the end. And he was walking a dangerous line playing both sides and I think he screwed it up. Now everyone is mad at him, and this seems like an emotional bunch. If the vote for the winner is "who played best" he might win, but some juries end up being bitter and vote for who they like best, and this seems like it may be one of those juries.

Everyone underestimates the social game. Ben is falling apart there, breaking up his alliance and trusting Lauren under the bus. I don't know if he's counting too much on the veteran angle, I hope not. It may not be enough of a difference to counter the harm he's done socially.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter