Surrey bikes?

bsjs0708

DIS Veteran
I would really like to rent a surrey bike for the 5 of us.I read the FAQ post and really couldn't get any sure-fire answers.:confused3 Does anyone know where I can rent one? TIA-Julie

There are no surrey bikes for rent at Fort Wilderness.

You can rent one at Wilderness Lodge. Folks often rent surrey bikes at WL, and ride them to FW. But, you have to bring it back to WL.

TCD

p.s. They are not as fun as they look.

p.p.s. I would rent a golf cart before I rented a surrey bike.

Several years ago, I rented one at OKW. Wow, it was a lot more work and a lot less fun that what I envisioned. Then again, nobody has ever confused me with Lance Armstrong. :)

Several years ago, I rented one at OKW. Wow, it was a lot more work and a lot less fun that what I envisioned. Then again, nobody has ever confused me with Lance Armstrong. :)

That is when you look at your pedal partner and wonder if he or she is really putting forth enough effort. Lol
:laughing:

Oh yeah the surrey bikes are great til the first hill you come across.

wait,,did that sound snarky ? then please accept my apology,, or not,
wait,, did that sound snarky ? oh crap, I can't win for loosing !

Yeah that's true, but you can rent them at Wilderness Lodge and ride them on the pathway that leads to Fort Wilderness, but there will be pole barriers that cause you to turn around before you actually get to Fort Wilderness.

Is that the only area to ride them in, the pathway between the resorts?

Yeah that's true, but you can rent them at Wilderness Lodge and ride them on the pathway that leads to Fort Wilderness, but there will be pole barriers that cause you to turn around before you actually get to Fort Wilderness.

I hesitate to post this, as every time I question something Carol says, I have been wrong.

But, I know someone who has, from time to time, very late at night, when no one is looking, driven his golf cart from the Fort to WL. There are no poles that have prevented him from doing so.

I'm not sure what the official rules are when you rent a surrey at WL, but I can say that I have seen red-faced, over-heated, gasping-for-air guests from WL riding a surrey right down the road in front of Pioneer Hall (that's in FW for anyone who may not know). So, maybe there are poles, but they obviously aren't hard to get around.

Is that the only area to ride them in, the pathway between the resorts?

See above.

TCD

Those things are a fight waiting to happen! You'd think two to four people pedaling would make for a nice easy bike ride, but all you think about is if anyone else is pedaling. Rent a golf cart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter