Surprising the kids!

Fourfam

Earning My Ears
We are going on the Dream soon and we want to surprise the kids (8 and 11 yrs old). Looking for suggestions on how to pull off this big surprise! We will be picking them up from school and flying directly to Florida.

Check YouTube for a number of suggestions. If you are on the move and don't have time to do a home reveal, some of the videos will help. Our grandkids love scavenger hunts of all kinds...scatter letters around the house (or hotel room) that, when put together, expose the surprise. Good luck!!

Set your character call to the date/time 5mins after you pick them up from school. Yours may be a little old for that but we did that for ours and they loved it. We said that Mickey was calling and asked us to come to the boat right away. Who wouldn't want to get that surprise call inviting you to come on the Disney Cruise?

Check YouTube for a number of suggestions. If you are on the move and don't have time to do a home reveal, some of the videos will help. Our grandkids love scavenger hunts of all kinds...scatter letters around the house (or hotel room) that, when put together, expose the surprise. Good luck!!

You can also see plenty of surprises gone wrong - where the kids were NOT happy about it. For many people - even kids - anticipation is half the fun and getting something like that sprung on them is not a joyous event.

You can also see plenty of surprises gone wrong - where the kids were NOT happy about it. For many people - even kids - anticipation is half the fun and getting something like that sprung on them is not a joyous event.

Yes! This is exactly why we plan to surprise our kids on Christmas with our January 19th cruise. I want them to have some time to process and build excitement. Also, my 7 year old will be beside herself about missing some days of school, so I want her to have time to prepare for that.

We bought an Incredibles puzzle from Dollar Tree. We will wrap up 5-6 pieces for each kid and have them work together to assemble it. And on the back we are going to write something like, "Surprise! We are going on a Disney Cruise in x days!"

We've surprised our kids several different ways. Once with a scavenger hunt for puzzle pieces that put together told of their surprise. Another we did a giant box filled with helium balloons, tshirts, autograph books etc... another we picked them up early from school with bags ready to go and gave them "tickets" to their cruise.
With our next cruise we're leaving home about 10am Saturday for our flight, so I'm thinking that Friday night we'll surprise the kids somehow. Not sure if we'll tell them about the cruise then or just that we're going on vacation and let it all unfold as we go.

We did a character call while at Cocoa Beach. We were expecting the highly excited kids you see on the commercials. All we got was "OK. Cool" from our sons. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter