• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Surprising DD with a Mini trip before Kindergarten!

Karenj2

Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog!
My DH has to travel to Orlando this week for work, so when we found that out, we decided to take our oldest DD5 on a mini trip prior to her starting Kindergarten (this Thursday through Sunday). We haven't told her yet, so I'd like your thoughts, but first some background...

We also have twin 2 year olds, who will be staying with MomMom & DadDa while we're gone. On Wednesday, the plan is to pick up the kids from daycare & take them all to the grandparents house, saying that since they had Friday off from daycare anyway, I decided to take them over to the 'rents to have some fun until Daddy got home.

My current thought is to tell my DD5 about the trip the night before, after the twins are in bed, while on FaceTime with DH. But, someone we spoke to suggested that we even wait until the next day when she and I get to the airport, and I kinda like that idea, but have no idea how to make that work. (She's a smart kid...)

Also, should I bring a stroller for her? My in-laws have a single we can use... (I'm leaving my double for them.)

Option 1 - tell her before you drop other kiddos off at grands house... you don't want for her to get upset that she is not spending time to MM &DD.
Option 2- you could have MM&DD be the one to surprise her with a "Mickey gift" when she gets there saying that Tinkerbell brought it to them, so she could go visit Mickey and all the princess with mom and dad before school starts.
And yes bring the stroller, airport allow for free gate check and when you are waiting for the bus in pm its nice for them to sit in or sit down at parades/fireworks ... you can always park the stroller in each "land" and collect before you leave but its nice having at the park with you. Make sure you bring something that will stand out to you like a ribbon, bandana or even a Hawaiian lei that way when stroller gets moved around you can find it better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter