surprised, but I really didn't like World Showcase

So is WS better experienced at night, out of the hot sun? Or do you miss out on displays/ architecture/ entertainment if you only go at night?

I say both!! My husband and I prefer going in the summer months. We went in September the past 2 years and in August the year before that. It does get a little too humid at times when we were there in September but we didn't think it was too hot. To cool off, we stopped at all the stores. During the day you can notice the detail at all the pavillions and yes, there is more entertainment. It's so nice to take a stroll around the lagoon at night. IllumiNations is breath taking! I'm sure they also have bands and various pavillion's playing at night, just haven't really paid attention to this. I do remember one time after we saw IllumiNations a band over in either the UK or Canada was jamming away.

I must admit truthfully we never watched the film because we simply thought it would be rah rah rah fluff of grandeur, now hearing what the film actually shows I am very interested in watching it and seems like our 6th trip to WDW will mark the first time watching the movie. As a Canadian I think the Canadian move is 'OK' but could be heaps better. While the pavilion scenery is awesome I always expect more about our actual people, culture and history.

Yes, it's a very interesting film and is not "rah rah fluff of grandeur". It shows the history of the USA the way it really was and NOT sugar coated, well to extent for WDW viewers. :laughing: Last year was my husbands 5th time to WDW and his 1st time to see the film! I had last seen it many years ago. We both thougt it was excellent! It's not that they want to focus on the negative times in history, it's that they are trying to show history as it was. I think, even though we still have many struggles, the film shows just how prosperous the USA has been through the years. It's definitely not a film to be missed!! :thumbsup2

As a few others have said, I remember visiting WS as a kid and being sooooo bored. But now as an adult I've developed a new appreciation for WS and all of Epcot, and it's by far my favorite park now. When I started doing my internet research and whatnot before my family trip in 2010, having not been to Disney in a decade's time (on that previous visit, I had sad moment as I walked up to where I expected to find Horizons, but instead found an empty lot where they had just finished tearing it down a month before:sad1: ), I realized I was most excited for Epcot than any of the other parks. Now this year we're doing an adults-only trip and I'm taking 4 friends who've never been to Disney ever, and we've got more days planned for Epcot than any other place on the trip.

I still prefer Future World for the most part, but I still love the WS. A trip to WDW for me is not complete without riding the Maelstrom and spending some time in the general ambiance of the Mexico pavilion. Last time we were there we happened upon 'Mo'Rockin' which was also good!

My DDs have been to WDW when they were 2 & 5, 3 & 6, and 5 & 7. When I ask them which parks they want to be sure to hit next time, MK is first, but Epcot (especially WS) is their absolute number 2. They are never bored because there is so much to see. The phone booth in the UK, the clock in Germany, the drums at the trading post, in addition to all the scheduled entertainment.

We all love getting pastries in the bakery in France, meeting the characters (much shorter lines than other parks), watching the acrobats and jugglers, etc. The only thing we have ever bought besides food and drinks was a pearl in Japan. We usually spend at least 2 days there every trip. And Illuminations is spectacular!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter