surial bath?

feenie

DIS Veteran
How much privacy do you really feel like you get in the surial bath?
I have never been to a spa, and this sounds like it could be fun, but I am a little "shy". Do you really get to relax and feel like you are away from it all?:confused:

I felt like we had a lot of privacy during the surial - I thouroughly enjoyed it!!

It was fun, relaxing and oh, did I mention fun??;)

I'm very shy too, but we both felt perfectly comfortable in the Surial Bath. As far as noise goes I believe they had a sounds of nature type CD playing with surf on the beach or something and I highly doubt anybody outside the chamber could hear us. I don't THINK there was a lock on the door (this was on the Wonder), but the girl told us she would knock when there was 10 minutes left and then knock again at the end and wait in the hall for us. We knew she wouldn't intrude and even if she did she probably wouldn't have seen anything as we were too busy having fun in the steam room portion.

The surial is totally private...you get your own shower area and steam room for the duration of your experience. You change in the public locker rooms (they give you robes, and you can wear swimwear underneath if you want, although hubby and I typically don't bother), and then you are brought to the room. The attendant will explain the muds and spa products that are available for your use. Then the door is closed, and you are on your own until 10 minutes before the end of the treatment, when you get a "warning knock." We wear waterproof watches so we can keep track of the time on our own. Usually we are ready to leave a few minutes early, so we just slip into our robes and come out when we are ready.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Originally posted by Padre Disney

Can the door be locked from the inside?

Yes.

Another word, however, about "enjoying" your privacy... the sound echos off the tiled walls and carries to a certain degree. Another DISer has reported about hearing the "carrying on" while receiving a massage in an adjacent treatment room. He said the therapists can pretty much "count down" to completion. So keep the volume down.

Originally posted by Dave_from_Marietta
Yes.

Another word, however, about "enjoying" your privacy... the sound echos off the tiled walls and carries to a certain degree. Another DISer has reported about hearing the "carrying on" while receiving a massage in an adjacent treatment room. He said the therapists can pretty much "count down" to completion. So keep the volume down.

OH MY!!!
I may go in AND out with a blush then!!:eek:

Does the surial bath kind of gross anyone else out? (Not from the standpoint of a romantic spa treatment for two, of course, but from the standpoint that some people will use that room for ...ummmmm...well, you know, and then someone else gets to get naked and use the room right afterwards.) Disney or not Disney, how clean do the attendants clean the room after each couple's visit? (Do they SANITIZE everything?)

Where I grew up, I remember a place that you could rent a hot tub and small room with a little resing area (futon - not a hotel room) by the hour and it became known as a sleazy place with a sleazy nickname. This kind of reminds me of that.

(I hope no one takes offense to my comments, lol...I am not saying anyone is sleazy by any means!) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter