Surgery update 6/12 post #69~ Prayers for my DS please

Yes - Pal Mickey was a gift to Rees from his friends on the disney design addicts thread. He received it this morning to help him with his surgery. I thought that was very sweet and it meant a lot to Denise and her DH as well as the two other figs. We all keep them in our hearts and hope Rees does well.

Steamboat Marti said:
Yes - Pal Mickey was a gift to Rees from his friends on the disney design addicts thread. He received it this morning to help him with his surgery. I thought that was very sweet and it meant a lot to Denise and her DH as well as the two other figs. We all keep them in our hearts and hope Rees does well.

That is just too thoughtful for words!!! It's really amazing what the DIS board is capable of just by sharing a little pixie dust like that (I had my very own special pixie-dusting by Feralpeg for our trip last year so I know what an emotional impact it is to realize that people you've never met care so much to go out of their way to help and support you). I'm sure Rees was probably thrilled to get him and it probably took his mind off things a bit.

The disney design addicts sound like a special group...makes me wish I knew how to design stuff so I could visit your neck of the woods (or the board :rotfl: )!

BeccaGrace said:
The disney design addicts sound like a special group...makes me wish I knew how to design stuff so I could visit your neck of the woods (or the board :rotfl: )!

That's the beauty of it - I don't design, but wish I could. So you don't have to be a designer to go there!

Praying that things went as well as it sounded from the update.
Thanks for posting it. :grouphug:

Hi, all.

We just got home! Rees did fabulously. John and I are so proud of him.

Rees never had any pain except last night at 3am. Dr. Wulkan said we will get the pathology reports back tomorrow on the gallbladder. Rees is supposed to take it easy for a few days and then should be 100%. Please keep him your prayers that this cures all his pain. Dr. Wulkan said the next step would be to repair Rees' esophagus and repair the Fundo.

Thank you so much for the PMs, posts, and, most importantly, the prayers. I will keep you all posted with any updates.

ETA: and a special thanks to my very good friend Marti for posting my update while we were at the hospital.

I just found this thread. I've said a prayer for your sweet boy. Hopefully this surgery will fix his problems and all of this will just be a memory!

I know how it feels to have a sick child. My son had a bone tumor two years ago. We had it removed at the UNC Children's Hospital. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done! He is fine now. We have our final visit with the pediatric orthopedic oncologist in July. (It wasn't cancer, but the oncologist is the person that did the surgery.)

Just checking in to see how your little one is doing. I hope the tests result came back good and his recovery is going well. Hugs and pixie dust :)

Just wanted to update everyone on Rees' surgey last Monday. The surgeon called late Friday night with the pathology report. It came back showing "Chronic Cholecystitis" Cholecystitis is an inflammation of the gallbladder wall and nearby abdominal lining. Cholecystitis is usually caused by a gallstone in the cystic duct, the duct that connects the gallbladder to the hepatic duct. Other causes of cholecystitis may include gallbladder sludge which is what the surgeon saw on the abdominal ultrasound. Chronic just means it had been going on for a significant period of time.

Here is a link telling all about it. http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/uvahealth/adult_liver/chole.cfm

Rees has done so well this week. He never needed any pain meds and has been eating around the clock. He has a voracious appetite again. He is feeling very good and went swimming today and rode his new bike (for his 6th birthday on June 23rd) for about 30 minutes. You can barely even see 2 of the 4 incisions they have healed so nicely. He's a completely new child. We agree with the surgeon that this appears to have been the source of all his pain and GI problems. We are just so grateful that Dr. Wulkan figured out what was wrong.

DH and I want to express our deep gratitude to you all for keeping Rees and our family in your prayers over the past 2 months. It means more to us than you can know.

I am so glad Rees is doing better.

Do you have a big party scheduled for the kiddos?

Tjaleks said:
I am so glad Rees is doing better.

Do you have a big party scheduled for the kiddos?

Yes! Inviting 50 kids (12-13 kids for each of them). Doing a pottery painting party with the themes of Scooby Doo, My Little Pony, and Airplanes. We're also having a family party the day of their b'day at the beach. Thanks for the well wishes.

I am so glad Rees is doing much better and that his appetite is better.

My daughter had to have her gall bladder when she was 14.
She did not have stones either just a lot of granular sludge which caused
"Chronic Cholecystitis" in her too.
She is 22 now and doing well.
I hope Rees heath continues to get better.

The party sounds like a big unertaking and I think the kids are going to have lots fun.
Good Luck :wizard:

I'm so glad he's doing well!!

(...and laughing to myself :teeth: - as only moms of multiples will understand :goodvibes - about the muti-themed b-day party :thumbsup2

It took some explaining to parents about birthday invites from one of our boys, and not the other...and then the "Stitch Party" theme on one side of the table, and "Incredibles" on the other side..)

Again, happy to hear he's doing so great!!

:sunny:

My DD is turning 6 on June 23! I am glad to hear Rees is doing so well and enjoying summer!
Suzanne

triplefigs said:
Yes! Inviting 50 kids (12-13 kids for each of them). Doing a pottery painting party with the themes of Scooby Doo, My Little Pony, and Airplanes. We're also having a family party the day of their b'day at the beach. Thanks for the well wishes.

You are a MUCH braver woman than I am. I usually only do 5-6 kids each.

mbb said:
as only moms of multiples will understand - about the muti-themed b-day party

I don't have multiples, but mine are a year and three days apart and I still have one party with several themes. Luckily they are getting older and themes aren't as important now as they once were. Ours were usually dinosaurs and something else... I think we had dinosaurs 4 or 5 years in a row.

skoopman said:
My DD is turning 6 on June 23! I am glad to hear Rees is doing so well and enjoying summer!
Suzanne

Happy Birthday to your DD! It's a good day for a birthday!

Denise, I am so very glad to hear about Rees. You all must be celebrating for the good results as well as the triplets birthday. Sending warm birthday wishes. :bday: Will keep you all in our prayers for continued health and blessings.

Angel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter