Support Groups

PrincessGrace

Earning My Ears
I posted a thread on the community board last week asking about support groups for kidney disease, and I didn't get too many replies (Dan Murphy suggested a internet search; I was very grateful for the help :)). I posted it over there because it technically doesn't deal with trip planning issues at this time....but it will in the future. I was wondering if anyone here can help me? A website, boards, or anything would be appreciated. I haven't had much luck on my own.
Thanks,
~Christina

We get some things that are off topic here. With disabilities, even if it's not about trip planning exactly, it may help someone with their trip.
The National Kidney Foundation has a message board, but it's not really organized into forums like the DIS Board. This website, called Kidneywise looks like it might be useful. It's sponsored by Baxter, a healthcare company that makes a lot of supplies used in dialysis. Another reputable source of information is www.medhelp.org

And, if you are looking for support groups in your area, here's a link to the website of the Illinois chapter of the National Kidney Foundation.
You might also contact a local dialysis center to see whether they are aware of any support groups in your area. Also, in most parts of the US, there is a United Way supported information service where you can ask questions like this. It's often called First Call for Help.

Your Nephrologist should be able to tell you if there is a local group you could contact. My youngest DD had a right nephrectomy when she was 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter