• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Support Group - 10 lbs or less

bellem04 - congrats on being so close to your goal! You will get there!

Kolohe - good luck on your upcoming half! Sorry to hear you feel like you're on a plateau - I feel the same and it's no fun! Been hovering around the same weight for 3 months now!

My week has been pretty good, but these fluctuations are beginning to irritate me! I had a good weigh in last week, then over the weekend I was about up 2.5 pounds. So I was good all week and weighted yesterday and was back down those 2.5 to what I was last week. Then today I'm up 1.5 again, and I had a good day yesterday! I've been tracking what I'm eating and feel like I've been going good and making good choices, so not sure why I'm up so much from just yesterday! I know it'll go back down but it's just disappointing to see it back up again after a good week..I feel like I have zero consistency!

I ran twice and plan to go run this afternoon. I want to get in a little bit longer run this weekend, I've been saying this for the past 3 weeks and haven't done it yet! So if I can get a 7-8 miler in either Saturday or Sunday morning I'll be really happy.

I know I really need to start doing something besides just running and do some strength training, but I can't seem to find the motivation - I wish I could take a class at the Y - I used to take a strength training class there and it was so much fun. Maybe I'll have to look into that again....

Hope everyone is doing well! Happy Friday!

oh my goodness, almost a week has passed!!

how are you?

I tried the couch to 5k program. I found the app for my phone and the anticpation for the ding to go off threw me for a loop. So needless to say I didn't get very far. I did find having a start and stopping place was very helpful. So, over the last couple of weeks I ran a mile everyday. Last week I tried 2 miles one day. I thought I was a goner. But, I went back to walking again. Then today I told myself that I was going to run a 5k!

I did it!!!!:banana::banana:

Still not sure if I am a runner but, it is a start. I ran 3.3 miles in 33 minutes. Not sure if that is a good time or not. But, it sure felt great!

I hope everyone is having a good week.

Awesome job bellem! So much of running is just mentally telling yourself what you can do! Way to go.

So far it's been a great week. Weighed myself Monday and I'm only 6 lbs away from my goal. I am actually at child #2 pre-pregnancy weight! Wow, haven't been that in almost 5 years. Had one day at the gym doing cross-training and ab stuff and one day running. Wednesday is my day off because DH has some obligations and can't watch the kids. Here's hoping I can get three more days of runs in!

I hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend!

It's been a while since I posted- I've been SICK. Ugh. Last week I had tonsillitis and was put on antibiotics, felt better at the end of the week, tried to run on Saturday and then got sick Saturday night. Now I'm on different antibiotics and they are super strong. I have a sinus infection and am coughing and congested. Ugh. I'm feeling a little better but definitely not as good as I had hoped by now.

Saturday I "ran" 4 miles. I've been having problems lately with side stitches. I will get one coming on around 1.5 miles, then by 2 I'm physically unable to run anymore. Then after that I walk some and then run until it hurts and walk again. So painful! I read up on it, and it says to exhale when your left foot hits the ground. I seem to get them when my breathing seems off but I can never put my finger on what's different. So I wanted to try the theory out, then got sick. I have my 10K a week from tomorrow and haven't run at all in the last two weeks other than my failed 4 miler :sad2:

I am down on the scale though- the lowest number I've ever SEEN :eek: (ok, by only 0.6 lbs but that's something!). I'm going to possibly try to go to my strength training class at the gym tonight if I'm feeling up to it. I'm almost tempted to take today off again though and then get up and attempt a run tomorrow morning. I'm afraid of jumping back in too early but also afraid of not being prepared at all!

bellem~ ummm 3.3 miles in 33 minutes is awesome!!! You should be really proud of yourself :thumbsup2

steves1bear~ I just realized you live in Hawaii! DF and I just decided to spend our honeymoon there. So excited!!

This weekend we have our engagement pics tomorrow afternoon (I'm soo nervous about them- I think partially because this guy we hired is kind of expensive and I'm afraid of not getting my moneys worth and screwing them up by not being photogenic :laughing:). Then a Halloween party tomorrow night- have NO costumes yet either. Ugh. I hate picking a costume. Have a good weekend everyone! :goodvibes

Karen - Hawaii is a great place for a honeymoon! Have you decided what island(s) you will visit? We live on the North Shore of Oahu a good hour away from Honolulu. What time of year will you be coming? How did the engagement pictures go this weekend?

MMQ- Question about when you do your longer runs. Do you take along any water or other drink on your long runs? I've just started getting a longer run in at least once a week. I drink a ton of water during the day and then at least 10 oz or so right before I leave, but I'm thinking I may need something in the middle.

Karen - Hawaii is a great place for a honeymoon! Have you decided what island(s) you will visit? We live on the North Shore of Oahu a good hour away from Honolulu. What time of year will you be coming? How did the engagement pictures go this weekend?

MMQ- Question about when you do your longer runs. Do you take along any water or other drink on your long runs? I've just started getting a longer run in at least once a week. I drink a ton of water during the day and then at least 10 oz or so right before I leave, but I'm thinking I may need something in the middle.

When I go for longer runs what I do I do is stop home for water after my first 4 miles (I have 2 seperate routes, my usual 4 mile route through our neighborhood, then anything longer than that I run in a different part of town for). So after 4 I stop home for a drink, and I usually drink a lot when I exercise, so I'll chug about 10-15oz when I stop home, and that will get me through a 8-9 miler or so. When I did do a few runs even longer than that, I did carry a handheld water bottle with me - I didn't love carrying it but I did love having water out there, especially when it was hot.

Hi all!

Last week was not great for me - DH was at a conference all week so the only time I could run was a couple afternoons when both kids are at school (DS's preschool is 3 afternoons a week), and I usually work during that time and I was pretty swamped so I didn't get any runs in. Eating was not great either - birthday dinner for my mom then a girls shopping trip this last weekend and I ate really bad. I'm still up a couple pounds and honestly I'm not going to beat myself up about it right now.

I got some concerning news from my doctor last week - I know I've mentioned that in March I had surgery to remove a large ovarian tumor on my right side. Since about May I've had some pain down on my left side and things have just been really out of sync, so back to the doc last week and they found a new one on my left side. It's small, only 2 cm but was not there at all 6 months ago, so right now all we can do is monitor it and I have to track all my symptoms, cycles, and problems. Not great news since if they have to remove it, it means the big H - they can't just remove the left ovary since the right it already gone, so they have to remove everything. So not only do I feel like crap becuase my body is all out of wack again, but he put me on hormones to try to regulate things a little better - hormones and me do not mix well!! :rotfl: I've been cranky. To say the least. All I want to do is curl in a ball and sleep. I've had near constant pain down on my left side for the last 3 days - not horrible but enough to know it's there (like a dull ache) so it's not like I can do much to foget it's there. Some exercise and fresh air would proabably do a lot to lift my spirits, but I've yet to find the motivation, and it rained all weekend and is supposed to rain all week. After the last surgery I lost 5 pounds, so at least I have that to anticipate! :laughing: Thanks for letting me vent!

MommyMcQueen, you will be in my prayers. Hoping it will all work out and disappear like mine did.

MommyMcQueen, you will be in my prayers. Hoping it will all work out and disappear like mine did.

Thanks bellm04!:hug: I appreciate your thoughts! I'm not too worried yet, nothing they can do about it until it gets bigger (or causes more pain), and it is possible that it will go away on its own if it is a fluid-filled cyst. Unfortunately last time I had a dermoid, which is like a tissue-type mass, and he thought this one could possibly be the same, they''ll have to watch it and see.

I weighed myself today and was happy to see I'm down a pound this week, so still 2 pounds up from my lowest in August but much better than the FOUR pounds I was up last week! Been eating better the last several days and really watching my portions -also eliminated evening snacks that I had gotten in the habit of having. Zero exercise for me this week - we've had rain and are part of that big wind storm, so I'm hoping to get out a bunch the next few days and get some runs in. My elliptical in the basement has been calling my name - I've yet to answer back. :rolleyes:

Weather looks to be much better this weekend and we have a quiet weekend with no plans - so no reason why I can't do well and behave myself this weekend. Oh yeah, there's the Halloween candy!! :headache: Be stong!!! Resist!!! :laughing:

MMQ - So sorry to hear about the health problems. I hope it quickly disappears with out any problems and thanks for the advice about long runs. I hate having to carry a water bottle in my hand, but if that is what it takes to make sure I stay hydrated, then I'll do it. I've been getting side stitches and I'm pretty sure it's due to dehydration.

I hope everyone has a great Halloween and good luck staying away from the candy!

MMQ -- i am so sorry to hear about your girlie problems! I understand the "wait and see" system doctors call 'monitoring' and it stinks! i don't like to hear that it's going to be more pain before better! my prayers too :hug:

i have spent the past 3 weeks not really excercising! shame on me! fortunately I am usually home during the week, but the past two weeks I worked 44 hours and that wore me out. DH and i did hit the gym sat morning and today i'm going to yoga class. been eating like crap too! what is my deal! there is no halloween candy left, that is a good thing.

Hey all! How was everyone's Halloween? Happy to report both my dad and I survived the Half-Marathon on Saturday. Even got my best time ever! Mostly that's cuz the first 4 miles of this one is downhill ;) The start is up at Sundance ski resort, then follows the river down the canyon. Gorgeous scenery! My dad thinks he might have seen Robert Redford out waving and cheering on the runners, but wasn't for sure. But as he owns Sundance resort and lives up there at least part time, it's a pretty good possibility! :)

I got all excited seeing how fast I was going on the downhill part, so did my best to run faster even when we leveled out. The good news is I beat my previous best time by 10 minutes! :woohoo: The bad news is I came down with a sudden cold that evening, and the next day had THE sorest muscles I can remember ever. Guess I pushed myself a bit too hard. :rolleyes1

MMQ - I hope you are feeling better, and will get everything figured out soon! :hug:

steves1bear - Have you looked at the different belts that are out there that carry water bottles? I have an Amphipod RunLite http://www.amphipod.com/products/hydration/runlite-hydration that I use all the time and love, since I also hate carrying bottles by hand. :)

kolohe_lady - Congratulations on the half and beating your time! Hopefully in the end it was even worth the extra sore muscles. I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous at the two halves you've run. First Disney and then Provo canyon! I grew up close to Provo canyon and absolutely love the area surrounding Sundance. I can only image what a beautiful run that must have been with the fall colors. Oh how I miss that area.

Thanks for the advice on the amphipod. I hadn't seen it before, but it looks like what I need, light-weight, hands-free and easy access. I've been looking into camelback kind of things, but I'm not sure it's quite what I want. The belt idea looks more doable for me. Thank you for the suggestion!

So far this week has been good. Granted it's only Tuesday, but two great runs down so far. Hopefully I can keep this momentum for the rest of the week and keep away from my kids' huge stash of Halloween candy! They made out like bandits this year.

Enjoy the week!

kolohe lady -- CONGRATS on a great race!

i'm still stuck in the same vicious cycle...this week i vow to get 4 workouts in starting with yoga class today. last thursday we had to put our furry friend of 8 years (dog) to sleep, he had been sick but we thought we had 6-12 months still. it's the first time for me, and my DD's to cope with a pet loss and it's really hard. harder than I thought it would be.

Ohmom - So sorry to hear about your dog. It's never an easy thing to let a pet go. I'm sure he was very happy with you for those 8 years! :hug: Hugs to you and your family.

Steves1bear - What a coinicidence that you grew up not far from here! The run down Provo Canyon was beautiful. We were up at Sundance well before the sun came up, and the sight of Mt. Timpanogos with it's dusting of snow in the moonlight with all those stars . . . sooo pretty. Almost made waiting in the cold to use a dark port-o-potty worth it. ;) Just got better when the sun came up. Lots of nice scenery to look at all down the canyon.

This week was pretty crappy as far as exercise went. Between the sore legs and the cold I gave myself last week off. I had planned to get back into the swing after work today. Didn't happen. And as it's now past 2:00 A.M. I probably won't get up in time to do anything in the morning. I have a hard time motivating myself this time of year. Between the cold wet weather and the dark coming so early I just go into hibernation mode. Want to curl up under a blanket and not move til spring. Preferrably with a big mug of hot chocolate with tons of mini marshmallows. But since that's a big reason I gained 10 lbs last winter, :rolleyes1 I can't let myself fall back into that pattern! Ok, Wednesday I am getting my lazy behind out of bed on time and working out!!

Ok I've been MIA for a while...

MMQ~ how are the medical issues?? So sorry you're dealing with that :sad2: Are you feeling any better?

OhMom~ I'm so sorry to hear about your dog :sad2: I was a mess when we had to put my cat down in September.

steves1bear~ we're going to Kauai and Maui and staying at Marriotts on both (I'm a rewards member). I took some quiz online to find out which islands suited us best. Engagement pics went AWESOME!! We totally lucked out on weather and DF even agreed to wear three different outfits :rotfl: I am so incredibly in love with them- I am supposed to get the CD of them on Friday so maybe I'll share a few with my 10 lbs or less buddies :goodvibes

Well I was sick for a few weeks, then had my 10K. I somehow made it in 1:03 which blew my other time out of the water (1:08 with lots of training). DF stayed with me the whole time (he's usually a 7:30 min miler but had been sick as well so he stuck with me). He def pushed me and so did the other girls we ran with. I could barely walk afterwards though.

My mom came to visit last weekend to help me pick out my wedding dress. We got a dress and I'm in love with it. Then that night we found out my grandma had passed away that morning (dad didn't want to tell us since he knew we had the dress appt). So I flew home to NY on Wednesday (after mom left Monday) and was there until Saturday. Very sad. We weren't really expecting it but she lived a long and happy life and didn't suffer too much at the end. It really sucks though :sad1: I was so hoping she'd get to see my wedding or at least my engagement pics or wedding dress pics since her one want in life was for me to get married.

I haven't worked out more than a handful of times in the last month between being sick and the funeral. I've eaten horribly the past week. But for some reason haven't gained much- only about 1.5 lbs. Probably because I lost a bunch of muscle over the last month too. I'm working on being good now and working out (right before thanksgiving, great timing).

I hope everyone else is doing well! Anyone have any fun plans for T Day?

hey everyone --- let's stick together through the holidays!

I'd love to join you all. I lost about 35 pounds for my wedding (August 2009) and was working with a personal trainer. Once I quit working with her I have gained 15 pounds. I want to loose 10 pounds and then I would be happy with my weight.

I have struggled getting to the gym and not sabatoging myself by eating junk. When I was working with a trainer I had to be accountable to her and go to the gym 5 days a week and now I struggle to go more than 3 times.

I would love to loose these 10 pounds and be close to my wedding day weight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter