Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to update, I was able to get a refund on my tickets. I followed the same advice a few others posted. Called 714-520-5050 and said we had to cancel our trip and wanted a refund on our tickets. She put me on hold for a bit and then refunded the full cost to our original payment method (gift cards). We had two 2-day hoppers with max pass, US tickets.

Just wanted to update, I was able to get a refund on my tickets. I followed the same advice a few others posted. Called 714-520-5050 and said we had to cancel our trip and wanted a refund on our tickets. She put me on hold for a bit and then refunded the full cost to our original payment method (gift cards). We had two 2-day hoppers with max pass, US tickets.
Good to hear! Hope you're able to make the trip sometime in the future!

What’s funny is here in San Diego, local florist have been open and delivering since the lockdown started. A few toy stores have been doing curbside. There’s a retail store in OC that’s been selling via Instagram offering curbside pickup and shipping. I’ve ordered from them twice. We’ve had flowers delivered twice. So he’s not really giving us much.... and these businesses probably could’ve operated safely in these ways throughout the shut down order.

Agree.... Disneyland opening is still a long way off.

Same here. We have a small family owned toy store that has been doing curbside pick-up. (I don't think they have any employees, other than the family working.) A local bookstore chain has been shipping books. I suspect volume is enough that they can have 1 or 2 people in the warehouse at any given time.

What’s funny is here in San Diego, local florist have been open and delivering since the lockdown started. A few toy stores have been doing curbside. There’s a retail store in OC that’s been selling via Instagram offering curbside pickup and shipping. I’ve ordered from them twice. We’ve had flowers delivered twice. So he’s not really giving us much.... and these businesses probably could’ve operated safely in these ways throughout the shut down order.

Agree.... Disneyland opening is still a long way off.

This is also an excerpt from the same article:

Newsom emphasized that local officials still have the authority to accelerate or slow down reopening at the county level.

"We are not telling locals that believe it's too soon, too fast to modify. We believe those local communities that have separate timelines should be afforded the capacity to advance those timelines," he said, citing the Bay Area's "stricter guidelines."

"If they choose not to come into compliance with the state guidelines, they have that right," the governor said.

More rural or remote counties with fewer COVID-19 cases will also be allowed to reopen businesses sooner, the governor said, as long as their decisions don't risk the "the health of the entire state."

I am not going to speculate how this does or does not affect OC and Disneyland but I thought it was interesting that they’re giving some leeway.

This is also an excerpt from the same article:

Newsom emphasized that local officials still have the authority to accelerate or slow down reopening at the county level.

"We are not telling locals that believe it's too soon, too fast to modify. We believe those local communities that have separate timelines should be afforded the capacity to advance those timelines," he said, citing the Bay Area's "stricter guidelines."

"If they choose not to come into compliance with the state guidelines, they have that right," the governor said.

More rural or remote counties with fewer COVID-19 cases will also be allowed to reopen businesses sooner, the governor said, as long as their decisions don't risk the "the health of the entire state."

I am not going to speculate how this does or does not affect OC and Disneyland but I thought it was interesting that they’re giving some leeway.

This is very interesting, and a big change from what was being said even a week ago. Thank you for posting.... I read part of the article and then a little one needed help with remote learning!

Yeah, that was definitely in response to Yuba, Sutter, and Modoc counties (combined populations ~185,000) acknowledging they were out-of-step with the Gov. At least the governor nodded back, in a way.

Orange County is an area slightly smaller than Rhode Island, but with 3x the people (3.2M). It's going to be a bit of a coin toss, the county is historically conservative and you have individual cities suing the Governor for overreach when he closed the beaches, but the county starts turning blue above the 55.

Then there you have Disneyland, square in the middle. Whatever the answer is will need Disney Corp., Anaheim, Orange County, and the State all lined up.

I know that tickets always keep their value even if they expire and can be put toward new tickets. But can they be used for multiple tickets? I have a 4 day hopper with max pass. If I can't use it this year, can I use the value towards say two 2-day hoppers instead of a single ticket next year? Thanks!

Any step forward is OK by me. It's not going to change the way I'm 'living the lockdown' because I'm considered high risk, but if Gov Newsom feels it's ok to move foward, that's enough for me.

I feel exactly the same! Moving forward any steps is a good thing. But I will still be living on pretty tight lockdown with 2 80+ year olds in my household.

Do you know if this would also apply for tickets purchased through Undercover Tourist or LMTC? I bought mine from UC and i don't think we will be able to go now until next summer.
We may be in the same boat. I called on Saturday and the CM said we would take our expired tickets to the ticket booth and then pay the difference from the value of the tickets and the current ticket price (of whenever we go.) I was hoping that Disney would make an exception since the park closed and might be closed for awhile...

Thank you for posting about this -- glad that things worked out for you! It certainly does sound like CMs are being given much more flexibility now with how they handle refund requests.

Logistics question for those with existing hotel reservations - we're booked for a split stay at the DL Hotel and Paradise Pier in mid-July. Obviously, we know there's a good likelihood of this getting cancelled, and are already thinking towards May 2021 to re-book. Are most people just waiting for DISNEY to cancel the reservation (as opposed to cancelling yourself), in the chance that there may be some sort of special offer? I can't imagine they would extend any sort of offer into 2021 but who knows ;). Rescheduling flights is not an issue since we're booked w/ Southwest.

Logistics question for those with existing hotel reservations - we're booked for a split stay at the DL Hotel and Paradise Pier in mid-July. Obviously, we know there's a good likelihood of this getting cancelled, and are already thinking towards May 2021 to re-book. Are most people just waiting for DISNEY to cancel the reservation (as opposed to cancelling yourself), in the chance that there may be some sort of special offer? I can't imagine they would extend any sort of offer into 2021 but who knows ;). Rescheduling flights is not an issue since we're booked w/ Southwest.

We rescheduled our April trip for Labor Day weekend.... definitely waiting for Disney to cancel. However, depending on what restrictions are in place at Disneyland and what’s going on with this virus, we may cancel ourselves closer to the date.

We have a DLH reservation checking in June 14th. I’ll wait for Disney to cancel. Luckily for us we live 15min away from DLR so it’s not hard for us to reschedule for another time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter